PDA

View Full Version : Foiled again

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
02-19-2002, 12:31 AM
There was a local Zaino distributer at the Dallas Autorama this weekend, and they had a black Dodge Viper on display. It looked very nice, but to be honest, my 12 year old Accord has a wetter shine using Meguiars Hand Polish, High Tech Yellow #26 and topped with Pinnacle Paste Glaz. The Viper looked great, don`t get me wrong, nice sharp reflections, but it didn`t seem to have the wet gloss of a carnuba wax. Is that a normal look for Zainos?

Yes, I know Zainos or Klasse will protect paint longer than Meguiars or Pinnacle, but I was kind of disappointed in the look of Zainos-couldn`t really tell much of a difference between their display and the Liquid Lustere display.

Am I nuts, or is my observation of the difference in the look of synthetics (sharp reflections) and carnuba (wet reflections) accurate? :nixweiss

imported_Intermezzo
02-19-2002, 01:35 AM
Hey, scottwax, I know I asked you this before, but I lost your e-mail....but does Meguiar`s HP and SFP stain plastic or rubber trim? No, right?

William420
02-19-2002, 01:53 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Origiinally posted by Scottwax
Am I nuts, or is my observation of the difference in the look of synthetics (sharp reflections) and carnuba (wet reflections) accurate?</blockquote>

I think your observation is right. There is difference in the look of synthetic and carnauba. Your translation of the difference is synthetic -> sharp reflections and carnauba -> wet reflections. You know about the shortcomings of carnauba durability but prefer the look of it. Sounds valid to me.

imported_RIC
02-19-2002, 06:36 PM
Liquid Lustre is not a synthetic.

You say Zaino has sharp reflections and carnauba wax has wet reflections. Zaino is nearly optically perfect while wax slightly mutes the real surface color.

Scottwax
02-20-2002, 12:39 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RIC [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Liquid Lustre is not a synthetic.[/b]</blockquote>
:confused: Never said it was, just that the Zaino and Liquid Lustere cars looked nearly identical.

Tony: HP and SFP should not haze black plastic-use some SFP to shine the plastic mirrors and trim on a Mitsubitsi Mirage the other day. Looked great when I was done.

imported_RIC
02-20-2002, 06:33 PM
"Never said it was, just that the Zaino and Liquid Lustere cars looked nearly identical."

That is why your post is difficult to follow...On one hand you state that "my observation of the difference in the look of synthetics (sharp reflections) and carnuba (wet reflections)"

and then you say "I was kind of disappointed in the look of Zainos-couldn`t really tell much of a difference between their display and the Liquid Lustere display"

So it seems to me that you say in the latter part there was not much of a difference in look between the Zaino (synthetic) and the Liquid Lustre(carnauba) but in the earlier part you state there is a difference between the reflections.

Scottwax
02-22-2002, 10:01 AM
RIC-how is that hard to follow? I just pointed out to me that the Zaino-ed car didn`t look that much differenct than the Liquid Lustere car-the LL display didn`t really have the usual carnuba wet gloss, but was very reflective. Does that clear it up?

Based on what I saw at the Zaino display on a black car under flourescent lighting, I was not overly impressed. Just my honest opinion. The way Zaino is built up by some people (usually on other boards), I was expecting to be blown away and I wasn`t.

I will not argue with the far better durability of a synthetic though.

imported_RIC
02-22-2002, 05:31 PM
Your pointing out that the Zainoed vehicle didn`t look that much different than the Liquid Luster vehicle is contradictory to to your initial observation that synthetics have hard reflections and carnaubas have wet reflections.

imported_Intermezzo
02-22-2002, 06:12 PM
Not to act like a wanna-mod or anything, but I think this thread`s pretty much lived-out it`s usefulness. Let`s put this Zaino vs. LL & wet vs. reflective issue to rest.

William420
02-22-2002, 06:30 PM
I`ll 2nd that :D A long time carnauba user may have different perspective comparing to a regular synthetic user. Both are right. Just both may look at things in different way! No biggie.

-Peace Out-

imported_killerjg
02-22-2002, 11:41 PM
Intermezzo, why start now?:rolleyes:

shizam1
01-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I just ordered 25 unigrit sanding papers... when I only wanted one or two.

I specifically looked on the site for a smaller size, but didn`t see one. Later, I look again after having ordered, and notice there`s a "accessory/size" tab to order just a couple of sheets.

Man... the same thing happened to me with MF towels, where I`d order a bunch of towels, but do multiple quantities of the single towel, not realizing there was an option for multiples at a discount.

The PAC website really disagrees with how my brain likes to navigate..

On the bright side, I`ll finally be tackling some paint chips, wish me luck!

Old Pirate
01-27-2011, 03:42 PM
You must keep your eyes open shizam1, or you can call your order in at PAC.

shizam1
01-27-2011, 03:47 PM
You must keep your eyes open shizam1, or you can call your order in at PAC.

Yeah, I know. It was right before lunch, so I think my belly was controlling my brain at that point.

bmw5541
01-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Make sure to post pics of the job!!