PDA

View Full Version : `Sema` Makita 9227c, roughly 2 hours, $179.99

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sirslap2
02-18-2002, 05:49 PM
TIA

vettefan67
02-18-2002, 05:52 PM
http://216.147.22.29/forum/images/top_search.gif (`http://216.147.22.29/forum/search.php3?s=`)

Then type "Best Clay" or "Meguiar`s Clay" or even better, "Megu* Clay" and click search. The search function works great, I highly recommend it :up

JasonC8301
02-18-2002, 05:54 PM
YEs, search function comes in handy.

I advise against Meguiars clay though. Streaks bad which requires extra buffing, good results, but not worth the extra effort considering the better options out there.

Just do the clay search which puterbum suggested.

FYI - I used Meguiars overspray clay from their Mirror Glaze line.

Brad B
02-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Their clay works but sticks more and leaves more residue than other brands such as Mothers, Zaino or Pinnacle. If you have a choice, you can do better. In a pinch, it will get the job done.

Sirslap2
02-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Puterbum

Did you do a search on "clay"?

Do you know how many times "clay" is mentioned here as part of a general regimine comment.

Do you know Meguiars is probably spelt 50 different ways by people?

Probably took you longer to do that response than just put. "nah, use Mother`s - it`s better"

vettefan67
02-18-2002, 06:26 PM
I didn`t recommend searching clay. I recommended searching a few different things.

"Megu* Clay" accounts for: Meguiar`s Meguires meguiars and many more, anything after Megu. Alternately you can search for Clay Megui* OR Mcgu* and that will bring up just about every possible result.

I thought you would want many more indepth opinions than I am able to offer -- I haven`t tried the Meguiar`s clay and thus am not able to offer opinions on it. If you want opinions, they`ve been expressed many times before and are ripe for the picking for those who aren`t too lazy too look.

Respectfully,

puterbum

Yes, I did in fact try my search term before telling you to search on it. I got many threads and scanned the titles of them and decided they were good enough to get some information from. Please read my post before criticizing it.

MikeLS
02-18-2002, 06:31 PM
I used Meguiar`s clay years ago and like the others I had similar results, lots of leftover residue and streaks of clay. Very poor quality! .:down :down There are much better options out there like Clay Magic, Zaino, Pinnacle, Mother`s etc. I use Zaino`s Z18 clay now and it`s the best I`ve ever used....FWIW.

Pats300zx
02-18-2002, 06:47 PM
I picked up a Mcguiars clay bar at a car show because it was on sale for $10 and came with a free bottle of QD. I have not used it yet and have always used the Mother`s clay bar with fantastic results. Hope this helps some.

kbshadow
02-18-2002, 07:10 PM
I used mcguires once, it gummed up and stained my paint!!! called their customer service and they treated me like dirt and did not help, tried Mothers clay bar and it worked great.

dtraylor
02-18-2002, 08:51 PM
So, the Meguiars clay DOES work like regular clay, but its just messier and not as convenient to use, with the streaks? How do you all remove the clay streaks?

vettefan67
02-18-2002, 08:52 PM
Either clay over them again and hope it picks it up or a thorough washing. I`d try both. Then switch clays next time ;).

Sirslap2
02-18-2002, 09:41 PM
Well sounds like I should just return the Meguiars clay.

I have looked on CMA and autosupermart and can`t find the 3 pack of Mothers.

I saw the Pinnacle 3 pack. Is Pinnacle as good or is Mothers the one to "stick" with.

Lemonxxs
02-18-2002, 10:04 PM
CLay Magic is another brand that is very good get the blue for normal cars where as the red is for heavy overspray in body shops.

admac
02-18-2002, 10:07 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by (((BUMP))) [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>So, the Meguiars clay DOES work like regular clay, but its just messier and not as convenient to use, with the streaks? How do you all remove the clay streaks? [/b]</blockquote>
not exactly. the meguiar`s, imo, requires many more passes to get the same effect of a better clay. add in the streaking and residue and i found meguiars to be terrible.

imported_ZGone
02-19-2002, 08:32 AM
Don`t waste your time with this crap. I tried claying for the first time this past weekend. Bought the Meguires clay that comes with the bottle of QD. Anyway, this stuff is crap. It sticks to the paint really bad and leaves streaks of gummy clay on the surface....which are quite difficult to remove. Anyway, I tried using more QD to lube it better, but it was fruitless. I couldn`t add enough QD to make this clay glide across the surface as it should. Took that lump of Meguires clay and threw it...line-drive....right in the garbage can. :mad:

Also FWIW, I too called the Meguire`s Expert Detailing advice phone number. No help...and what a bunch a j******s!

Watch the profanity, please. BradB