PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Detailing Water Tanks & Pressure washer

nicktheshine
02-17-2002, 07:31 PM
Just starting to use Zaino on my car. I prepped it by Dawn washing and claying. The paint surface feels very smooth with the "baggie test."

Once I start the layering process with Z5 and Z2 is there ever any reason to go through the hassle of stripping it off and starting over? Or will it be fine to just regularly wash with Z7; use Z6 to QD as needed; and just keep on layering the stuff?

I get the impression that Zaino takes a little more than a simple Dawn washing to strip it off. So I`m just wondering if there is a need to ever strip it as long as the car is well maintained with the Zaino line of products. If the car continues to shine, why would you strip it off and start over?

Thanks for your advice.

imported_Dude
02-17-2002, 07:36 PM
I know of several people who have never removed their Zaino. They just keep applying layers of Zaino and clay whenever needed. They have had good results. You should have good results too.

MikeLS
02-17-2002, 07:37 PM
There is no need to ever strip your Zaino layers and start over. Unless, of course, you wanted to try another product/system on your car (gasp :D j/k ). Just maintain with Z7 and/or Z6 regularly and add more Z2/Z5 whenever you feel like it and you`re all set. DAWN will not strip Zaino, so if you ever need to strip it for whatever reason, use a paint cleaner. I`ve done a complete claying (Zaino clay) on my car over multiple layers of Z, and it didn`t remove much, if any. It`s very durable...

:xyxthumbs

C. Charles Hahn
02-17-2002, 07:42 PM
Ideally, zaino should never have to be removed. The only reason you would really want to remove is if something really messes the zaino up thru a few layers of it. Then you may want to strip in order to re-do your surface prep.

Once the innitial surface prep is completed, and you have at least 3 layers each of Z5 and Z2 on, you should never have to go back to an abrasive product unless the above happens. Just keep alternating Z5 and Z2...... I usually put on at least 2 coats of Z5 for every 8-10 coats of Z2. For every 18-20 I usually re-do the Z1 (unless you`re using ZFX), and about every 28-30 I re-clay using the Z18 clay.

imported_doug
02-17-2002, 10:10 PM
You guys don`t have black cars, do you? :)

Swirls and scratches will happen. Removing them will remove the Zaino too - like it or not.

Lemonxxs
02-17-2002, 10:34 PM
I do not think Zaino needs to be removed but as carguy said it will be removed if you use abrasives for swirl removers.

Bluedog
02-18-2002, 12:22 AM
so what will be the best product to use to remove zaino completely and effectively?

imported_Intermezzo
02-18-2002, 02:38 AM
I have a black car. 8+ coats of Zaino on it. I`ve had the car for almost a year now and I find that if I don`t apply a coat of Z-5 for a while, I start to notice marring. It goes away if I apply a fresh coat of Z-5. If I ever induce a scratch that`s deeper than the sealant, then I will just use an abrasive to spot-clean the area and reapply a coat of Z. No need to strip down your entire car just because you have a scratch here and there. As for contaminants, do a light spot-claying and then reZaino the area. I think this line of thought would hold true for most polymer sealants.

I personally do not like the idea of using an abrasive 2 - 3 times a year. How long would the clearcoat last then...let alone the upper clearcoat layers which provide the most UV protection?

C. Charles Hahn
02-18-2002, 03:28 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Ng Luder [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>so what will be the best product to use to remove zaino completely and effectively? [/b]</blockquote>
Prepsol is in my estimation the best stuff to remove zaino.

215Detailing
01-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Please anyone Post Photos of Tank & Pressure washer with setup on Drawing water from tank, Some say gravity will work others say small pump needed and some say feed water back to tank (Recirculate) to protect pressure washer, Can`t find any TRUE set-ups on YOUTUBE either.
I have a Standard Karcher ElectricPressure washer and looking to use a100 Gallon tank or 55 Gallon Drum/Barrel.
A step by step demo would be great even if you have to post to facebook it would be a GREAT HELP. Thanks in advance

SIDetailing
01-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I tell you what i know. Your garden hose pumps at 2.2gpm. So if your tank and pressure washer is less than 1 foot or so apart you wont need a pump. The pressure washer will be able to pump the water out of the tank. If you have the tank up high and the PW on the ground near the truck or the car with a 3 or 4 foot hose falling straight down the gravity will do its thing. Now you would need a pump if your at a distance from the tank and your 20 ft away with the PW couple feet away. The pump you need runs around $130. I got one since i needed one and it works wonders. It was just what i needed. Hope this helps out.

SIDetailing
01-19-2011, 09:44 PM
I tell you what i know. Your garden hose pumps at 2.2gpm. So if your tank and pressure washer is less than 1 foot or so apart you wont need a pump. The pressure washer will be able to pump the water out of the tank. If you have the tank up high and the PW on the ground near the truck or the car with a 3 or 4 foot hose falling straight down the gravity will do its thing. Now you would need a pump if your at a distance from the tank and your 20 ft away with the PW couple feet away. The pump you need runs around $130. I got one since i needed one and it works wonders. It was just what i needed. Hope this helps out.

imported_Kevin Brown
01-19-2011, 10:18 PM
I used this design on my truck for 12 years:

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp334/iamwaxman/di_valvingfh11.jpg

SIDetailing
01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Hey Kevin, the low pressure hose would be like the flow of a garden hose correct?