PDA

View Full Version : Thermax Therminator

Pages : [1] 2

C. Charles Hahn
02-16-2002, 09:21 PM
anyone used it?? successful??

also how is their clay compaired to mothers??

TIA.

BradE
02-16-2002, 09:31 PM
I don`t like the idea of using a machine to clay at all. Just thinking of something getting stuck in that clay while you are running that machine at a couple thousand OPM makes me cringe.

Since claying is pretty easy, I would stick to doing it by hand. :up

JasonC8301
02-16-2002, 09:37 PM
I agree with SL on this one, and numerous other Autopians. The smallest particle or grit caught into the clay with the thing spinning/oscillating at + or - 4000 OPM is scary. If that isn`t swirl city then what is?

Not a good idea IMHO. I`ll stick with my hand (ewww.)

Andre'
02-16-2002, 09:50 PM
Clay with a machine scares:scared the hell out of me.

imported_Brad
02-16-2002, 11:49 PM
It`s a really, really bad idea. You only need to lightly skim clay over a surface and must constantly knead it to keep the dirt away from the surface. The Griots system does not renew the clay and, as others have said, offers to great a risk of contamination causing bad scratches.:down

8ball
02-17-2002, 08:46 AM
Wow, I didn`t even know such a thing existed. I think I will pass on this one.:scared

dengelson
02-17-2002, 09:02 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 8ball [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Wow, I didn`t even know such a thing existed. I think I will pass on this one.:scared [/b]</blockquote>
This is what they are talking about. Not for me but just the same I`m curious to know if anyone has used it.

<em class=`bbc`>clic pic[/i]
http://www.griotsgarage.com/images/products/lg/10631_LG.jpg (`http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=10631`)

Pats300zx
02-17-2002, 10:00 AM
Clay on a PC..Yikes thats kinda scary !!! NO THANK YOU !!!

miguelgf
02-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Now what would the PC add to claying?

I can understand the advantages of polishing, waxing and buffing - but how could clay benefit from high speeds?

C. Charles Hahn
02-17-2002, 06:25 PM
OK, ok, I get the hint......

no PCing clay for you, Igor! :rolleyes: :bounce

Thanks guys! :bow :xyxthumbs

gmblack3
02-18-2002, 10:23 PM
I do like the Griots Claybar better than the Zaino claybar. It seems to last longer and hold up better IMO.

My dad and I did his Sedan DeVille and my sisters SLK 220 with the Zaino claybar and it was done by the time we got done with the 2nd car. It was not dirty just all soft and rubbery.

I have used the Griots Claybar on my vette twice and on my brothers X5 once. The only time that I threw some of it away is when it got dirty beyond kneeding.

Lemonxxs
02-18-2002, 10:59 PM
That thing kinda looks like a sunny side up egg...:D

Dr Ken
02-27-2002, 05:28 AM
Not concidering the above risks, I`ve used this pad. I found the pad doesn`t hold onto the clay adequately. As a result, it can be tricky preventing it from dropping out, especially on vertical surfaces. It also accumulated sediment very quickly, such that the riquired rate of renewing it made the device obsolete. It did no harm to the paint that I can see, but not really worth the hassle, in my humble opion.

Ken

imported_JeffBruce
02-27-2002, 07:22 AM
In the picture of the car and clay, he has nothing underneath the clay jar sitting on top of the car, and it looks like the back of the PC is touching the car...all of it doesn`t look right..

jeff

C. Charles Hahn
02-27-2002, 08:24 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JeffBruce [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>In the picture of the car and clay, he has nothing underneath the clay jar sitting on top of the car, and it looks like the back of the PC is touching the car...all of it doesn`t look right..
jeff [/b]</blockquote>
have you seen the pic of where he is pushing down on the pc with all his weight running it on the paint, just to prove `its impossible to hurt paint with this machine`??

:scared any machine like that can and will hurt paint if it is not handled properly.