PDA

View Full Version : At what point do you consider someone obsessed with detailing their car?

Pages : [1] 2

Bobby G
02-16-2002, 02:26 PM
This poll serves as an early announcement of a new Autopia feature, web site hosting, as well as your involvement in helping to define the service.

We have invested in a new set of technologies to host community home pages and community email. The benefit of the solution is the ability to create great looking web pages using nothing more than your browser. It supports backgrounds, picture uploads, sounds and much more. Your home page web address would be short and easy to remember, e.*., autopia.cc/webs/davidb or davidb.autopia.cc.

The email service offers both a fast web interface and a POP3 interface compatible with popular mail clients (i.e., Outlook, Eudora...). Your email address would be easy to remember and follows your web address, e.*., davidb@autopia.cc (``)

Please tell us which option you would choose. Thanks!!!

dpk204
01-13-2011, 02:55 PM
When I was 18, I had about three shelves stacked to the brim with detailing products, I had a wall of brushes, and I had more towels and cloths than I probably had in my linen closet.

I used to detail my car all the time because I was young, I had the time, and I liked the way my car looked. I`m 27 now and I don`t have as much time so I don`t obsess over detailing and I have consolidated all my supplies into a smaller arsenal. Don`t get me wrong, I still have high standards for my detailing but over the years, I have perfected my technique so that I can get similar results faster with less work.

Looking back, I would say I spent a lot of time on my car when I was younger. At what point do you think detailing goes from a hobby/therapy to an obsession where you might be wasting your time by spending so much time on your car?

imported_Flash Gordon
01-13-2011, 03:35 PM
What qualifies someone being obsessed with detailing is when they create 4 different threads on a forum in less then 30 minutes :D

Welcome to detail rehab :-B

imported_RaskyR1
01-13-2011, 04:23 PM
LOL Flash!

I think most of on this forum are obsessed.

bmw5541
01-13-2011, 04:33 PM
LOL Flash!

Very true Chad!

Old Pirate
01-13-2011, 04:37 PM
I think it happen to me when my dad drove me and my mom home from the hospital 3 days after I was born. That was a dirty car for being new!:D

imported_Luster
01-13-2011, 08:37 PM
What qualifies someone being obsessed with detailing is when they create 4 different threads on a forum in less then 30 minutes :D

Welcome to detail rehab :-B

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::iagree:

SoonerFan
01-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Let`s see. When you have to examine the car after your boss exits to ensure that his greasy elbow print is removed right away. I always carry a detail kit in the trunk for these types of emergencies. Comes in handy when birds doo doo on the body of your car.

dpk204
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
I just type fast:smile:

My point was sometimes you can get so obsessed that others might think you are weird. They might be like "why does that dude always wash his car" or "he always smells like turtle wax."

Like what`s normal and what`s not. My dad used to say I idolized my car. I heard some psychology that said people who drive overly clean cars are suspicious.

I keep my car very clean because I believe it is a reflection of me.

imported_Bunky
01-14-2011, 07:37 AM

I see Flash`s comment as a complement since you like to discuss your obsession with others.

imported_Flash Gordon
01-14-2011, 09:51 AM

Thats cool. I actually like every thread you`ve produced :-B

My point was sometimes you can get so obsessed that others might think you are weird. They might be like "why does that dude always wash his car" or "he always smells like turtle wax."

I`ve never worried what others think of me. I suggest you try my method Da Rules!

Like what`s normal and what`s not. My dad used to say I idolized my car. I heard some psychology that said people who drive overly clean cars are suspicious.

Everyones suspicious in my world /:)

I keep my car very clean because I believe it is a reflection of me.

And it is. They say ppl who`s living conditions are a mess/disorganized reflects that their lives are a mess too :spy:

I see Flash`s comment as a complement since you like to discuss your obsession with others.

Yes, I meant it as a compliment. Thats why I used this guy > :D If I were trying to be an arse I would`ve used this fella > :rolleyes:

michakaveli
01-14-2011, 10:05 AM
LOL Flash!

Truer words haven`t been spoken :biggrin:

imported_Larry A
01-14-2011, 10:44 AM
If we werent obessed we wouldnt be reading this.

imported_juliom2
01-14-2011, 11:49 AM
I think your obsesed when you want to polish your girlfriend glasses, the kitchen counter and maybe (my favorite), the bathroom tiles...
you know about swirls....
:out:

dpk204
01-14-2011, 07:42 PM
I think your obsesed when you want to polish your girlfriend glasses, the kitchen counter and maybe (my favorite), the bathroom tiles...
you know about swirls....
:out:

This is scary because the bathroom tiles part has crossed my mind on more than one occasion.