PDA

View Full Version : My Heart Goes Out........

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Intel486
02-15-2002, 02:24 AM
I was at a local hotrod show not too long ago. There was an eagle one rep there and he was selling a lot of stuff. Well, I couldn`t resist and spent about $70 there :D

Well, He was selling the eagle one clay bars two for $10. I couldn`t resist cheap clay.

Well, I just got around to trying them out the other day. I felt I needed to do it since my truck hadn`t had it done for about 8 months and the paint was starting to feel rough. First thing I noticed when I opened the package up was that they clay felt extremely sticky. It was a lot stickier and softer than the mothers clay bar that I had previously used.

Well I started off on the hood using Meguiars Quick detailer as a lube. I noticed it didn`t grab contaminates as easily as the mother bar. I had to work at it a lot more.

After wiping the QD`er away I saw streaks of clay. I though, "Okay, streak of clay. No big deal." Well, I sprayed some QD`er back on the streaks and went over it with the clay bar. The mothers clay bar would pick up the streaks it left but the eagle one clay bar simply smeared them around. Highly annoying.

I continued to clay the truck. It was streaking and smearing all over. I thought I wasn`t using enough QD`er so I started to lay it down pretty heavy. That didn`t help at all. I even switched and tried the Mother Instant Detailer. That didn`t stop the smearing.

Well, after I finished the paint was extremely smooth. I would have been more pleased if my arm didn`t hurt so much. Took a lot more work to get the contaminates out than it did when I used the mothers clay bar.

To get rid of the streaks I tried to wash the truck but that didn`t get rid of them. Today I used the Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion and that removed them. Now my paint is nice and smooth. It took a lot of extra works and the streaks were annoying but the results were good.

It seems that this clay bar is a lot softer than the mothers. It did make it easier to fold and kneed, but that didn`t make up for the extra work required to remove the contaminates.

All in all, I think this is decent clay for the price but I`m going to stick with the mother clay bar for now.

JasonC8301
02-15-2002, 02:32 AM
Now what did the other $60 go to from Eagle One?

imported_Intel486
02-15-2002, 02:57 AM
OK lets see.

I got the California water blade for $20. It is just use for windows now

Eagle One Scratch Remover

EO Pure Carnauba Wax

EO Car Wash

EO Wet Wipe&Shine (Quickdetailer)

EO Tire Shine (Spray Bottle)

EO Tire Gel (Shinier than the Tire shine. In a non-spray bottle)

EO Wet-Look Car Polsih (It is a wax. Used in on my Highlander.)

The Tire gel applicators. The yellow curved things. Got two of them.

and then the EO Clay bars.

Well... That`s what I got.

Lemonxxs
02-15-2002, 09:39 AM
Great review!

What is the storage container like for Eagle 1??

imported_Intel486
02-15-2002, 11:51 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>What is the storage container like for Eagle 1?? [/b]</blockquote>
Little screw top can.

You get 8oz. Two 4oz bars.

Lemonxxs
02-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the pic and the quarter helped me realize the size great idea!!

vettefan67
03-12-2002, 06:28 PM
I used this stuff this weekend and I will never touch it again. It streaked like hell and the streaks were actually surprisingly hard to get out. I would absolutely NOT recommend this clay to anybody. :( Too bad, I had high hopes for it.

imported_BretFraz
03-12-2002, 08:30 PM
Justin,

I`m sorry to hear that. I know we talked about it and that I recommended it to you. I hope you don`t feel I led you astray - I feel bad that you had such a poor experience with it.

For grins I just went out and unwrapped my last bar of E1 clay and clayed 1/2 my roof (the 1/2 I can reach in my one-car garage). My car is a little dirty from the rain today so I used a terry towel and a little E1 Wet QD to clean the roof first.

I laid on an even coat of E1 Wet Wipe & Shine (my QD of choice) and used the bar straight out of the wrapper - no kneading, no breaking off a little piece, the whole bar at once. I got absolutely no streaks or smears. Nothing. I wiped off the QD with a green Neatitems and my roof is silky smooth. I used very light pressure and a rather rapid back-and-forth motion. I even clayed in a circular motion to see what would happen. It made no difference.

When I clay my entire car with E1 I do get a little smearing and smudging but that`s probably because I didn`t use enough QD on those particular spots. The smudges don`t bother me - a little QD or PPCL is all it takes to remove them. No harm done.

I don`t know what to say except I`m sorry it`s not working for you as it does for me.

vettefan67
03-12-2002, 08:39 PM
with E1 QD and others. Perhaps it was my technique or lube. If this doesn`t work I have an unused bar to send to you! :D.

No problem, I like trying out new stuff! I like the other Eagle One stuff I got so far though, more reviews to come later I think.

:xyxthumbs

Justin

Steve @ Guru
03-12-2002, 09:50 PM
Hey Intel, did the guy have any Eagle One Sealant Glaze? It`s a nuclear blue looking product (liquid), and smells like bananas...

I used to use that stuff all the time on my black Z28 - it was the best for hiding swirls, etc. I`ve looked all over for it lately and can`t find it anywhere. I`d love to try it out against some of my other current favorites.

Just curious.

imported_Intel486
03-12-2002, 10:37 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by geekysteve [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Hey Intel, did the guy have any Eagle One Sealant Glaze? It`s a nuclear blue looking product (liquid), and smells like bananas...

I used to use that stuff all the time on my black Z28 - it was the best for hiding swirls, etc. I`ve looked all over for it lately and can`t find it anywhere. I`d love to try it out against some of my other current favorites.

Just curious. [/b]</blockquote>
I don`t remember. The car show was awhile ago, can`t remember all the stuff he had. Try looking at their webpage?

imported_killerjg
03-12-2002, 11:26 PM
Puterbum hold on to that bar, I`ll be by soon!

I see that Z note below your name:D

z driver 88t
03-12-2002, 11:51 PM
Try Griots clay, just used it. Very pliable and did not streak at all or get stuck. It is yellow in color and very mild. Nice stuff. I used their Speed Shine as detailer. I have also used Meguairs clay....that stuff sucks big time - yecch!

BIOLINK
01-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Hello All,

I have been away from the forum for a while. The event that brings me back is not a detail or nice polish job. I just want to take a moment as a caring resident of Arizona to give my best wishes to all the victims, and friends and family of those involved in recent events in Tucson.

Tragedy has struck and sadly people are dead. At this time in our country, more than ever we need to come together to try to prevent these events. We have so many issues to resolve and this really brings a dark cloud over our country that quite frankly we just shouldn`t have to deal with.

Let`s all use restraint in not jumping to conclusions or over reacting.

Be safe!

bio

imported_Stokdgs
01-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Bio --

Thanks for your post today - I too am so sorry to hear what happened in Tucson today. As I type this, I am not sure if Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is alive or not - I hope she and others survived this senseless shooting.

I am hoping that this is not a "sign of the times" for this country...

Your beautiful State that I have driven through probably a hundred times, is in my prayers.

Best,
Dan F