PDA

View Full Version : You cant get any newer than me

caconz
04-12-2004, 06:27 PM
I have been reading your site for a cpl of days now and figured it was about time i got registered and introduced myself.
I live in the North Island of New Zealand and have always loved cars. I have come to the realisation that it is about time i upskilled and learnt how to give my car the clean and polish that it deserves.
I have been using the Polyglaze line of products and would like to know if there are better products out there in a similar price range, as unfortunatly i dont have much in the way of money to spend.

Boss_429
04-12-2004, 06:37 PM
caconz,

Welcome to DC. A friend of mine from Australia claims the Polyglaze stuff is pretty good. Give us an idea of what they cost compared to products back in the states?

P.S............... If you promise to take me trout fishing in some of those great streams and lakes you have, I`ll fly down and detail your vehicle.......... no charge! :lmfao

2drtahoez71
04-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Never heard of polyglaze before, but if youre looking for great products at a low price, check out PoorBoys products, available through Premium Auto Care. You can get everything you need from Poorboys. Im not sure what you have as far as products go, but heres a simple list of staple products:
WASH: Spray & Wipe (basically a waterless car wash) $6
SWIRL REMOVER: SSR1 - $12
POLISH: Professional Polish - $15
SEALANT: EX w/ Carnuba - $15
TIRE GLOSS: Bold N Bright - $8 (i think some people even use this as an interior/trim dressing)

There you go, an entire line of products for under $60 that will give you the best looking car on the block. And Im sure you could do without a product or 2, seeing as you already have some.

caconz
04-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Thanks guys for the quick reply

To give you an idea (all in NZ $) the liquid polish was $12 and the `glide on glaze` $11. I think to get the Mequires 3 step range would cost about $200. If you wanna take into acount the exchange rate we are roughly 0.65c US.

Boss_429
If you want to go trout fishing i live about 1 1/2 hrs drive from Lake Taupo, NZ`s biggest and best trout lake, would have to drive past a cpl of ski fields to get there though. If skiing isnt your thing the beach is about 30mins in the other direction, great for surfcasting and swimming. Would let you stay free of charge if you detail my car, and give me a few tips :D

nthngd2say
04-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Welcome to DC!! I have always wanted to travel to New Zealand-amazing scenery. :cool

There are tons of great products to use and some similiar to your costs that I like are Poorboys, Meguiars, and S100. The PB line/costs were already listed and most Megs products are around $10-15 in the US. S100 is a carnuba topper that isn`t very durable but gives that extra pop on dark vehicles. It retails for $15 here.