PDA

View Full Version : Have Menzerna P085RD

Pages : [1] 2

db2
02-10-2002, 02:36 PM
When i purchased my car a month and half ago i used a brand new synthetic chamois= squeak squeak. After applying additional layers of KSG I noticed that squeaks became more loud,but the Water Sprite does not cling to the paint. Can anybody explain this? I hate this noise makes me feel like there is no wax on the car or like im damaging it. I think all this detailing is driving me crazy?

02-10-2002, 02:47 PM
maybe its squeeky clean - joke!

vettefan67
02-10-2002, 04:13 PM
Don`t drag it along the paint. If you were to get anything trapped under it you would get swirl city . . . just blot with the synthetic chamois and then QD with MF or cotton.

bmerjorge21
02-10-2002, 06:39 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Don`t drag it along the paint. If you were to get anything trapped under it you would get swirl city . . . just blot with the synthetic chamois and then QD with MF or cotton. [/b]</blockquote>How long does this process take puter? I drag mine only because I don`t have the time to blot, or so I think. ;)

vettefan67
02-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Admittedly it does take longer to blot. If you are concerned about time you may wish to try microfiber or cotton for drying - it`s much safer and is not much slower than a synthetic chamois. I have heard nothing but good things about the CMA Big Blue drying towel, and I am picking up a couple of the big 24" x 46" towels in the Neatitems group buy (still open) and you could try those or even regular microfiber!

I know a lot of members like to do the same general process . . .

Rinse with the hose, nozzle off.

Blot / wipe dry with syn. chamois or microfiber (I use microfiber)

QD with your favorite stuff, MF or cotton to get rid of any little waterspots the previous drying stuff used.

It`s safer IMO to wipe with microfiber if you don`t have the time to blot and then wipe, but if you know your car is clean you should be fine. I`m just obsessive ;)

ADDED: Oops, long-winded me never answered your question. Well it takes me anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours to wash a car, and anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes to dry. I`m quite slow ;)

bmerjorge21
02-11-2002, 12:06 AM
I`m slow too puter!! I think the fastest I can wash is 45 mins but I usually take 2 hrs for a regular wash and 15 mins to dry. Thanks for the tips. I don`t like to use m/f on the paint, too grabby IMHO. I think I`ll be safe though. Haven`t seen ill effects as of yet, plus nobody really cares about their cars in my family so it really doesn`t matter. I hardly ever use "my" car now that I`m in school so it really is my brother`s and he`s an idiot. ;)

rd_volvo
02-11-2002, 09:17 AM
Give this is a shot.

Lightly mist your fav QD directly on the Watersprite.

Or lightly mist the panel you are about to dry.

rd

bmerjorge21
02-11-2002, 10:29 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by rd_volvo [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Give this is a shot.

Lightly mist your fav QD directly on the Watersprite.
Or lightly mist the panel you are about to dry.

rd [/b]</blockquote>Does that work? I`m thinkin it will streak like crazy. Just my thoughts though.

rd_volvo
02-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Spritz lightly. Thats the key. Small amount of sho-off

goes a long way. Trial & error.

Step 1-The watersprite takes off 95% of the water.

[The other 5% is the thin dew like layer.]

Step 2- Take a MF or terry to the car for the dew layer.

[You can spritz the MF too if you like]

This method I got from One Grand.

Play with the steps as they may differ for each user.

Some may like step 1 only and some may prefer steps

1 & 2.

rd

bmerjorge21
02-11-2002, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a plan!! :xyxthumbs

shizam1
12-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I bought the 32 oz size from PAC about a month ago, I tried a small bit of it, but decided to just stick to M105/M205.

I`m in the Atlanta, GA area.

Anyone around here want to trade?

imported_Flash Gordon
12-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Before you go trading that off, you should really give it a whirl after the 205. 105+205+85rd = Awesome Combo :-B

Tru_Shine
12-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah, it`s really not meant to replace either of the Meguiars, It`s more of a jeweling polish. 105 then 205 then 85rd w/ the Crimson pad = Awesome!

Old Pirate
12-22-2010, 12:38 PM
I agreed with the both of these fine gent`s, its a great final polish for jeweling after using Meg`s 105 and 205. This is one fine trade folks!

Street Dreams
12-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Keep it because 205 doesnt always finish down perfectly on softer clears