PDA

View Full Version : What`s the best way to clean exhaust tips

Pages : [1] 2

shifty
02-10-2002, 07:39 AM
Actually, my wife did. Our Honda Odyssey now has very small specks of what looks like interior latex (biege) on the passenger side, below the belt. I`ve painted the wheel wells to fix them, but there are small specks on the rocker (black plastic/vinyl), and on the paint. What can I do? I don`t want to repaint if I don`t have to. Any help?

Thanks!

Ryan
02-10-2002, 08:59 AM
For the paint you can go to a body shop supplier and ask for a product made by Kar Kraft called Nylon Spotter. Its like PrepSOl but much more effeicent at getting paint off of your truck. I use it all the time and saves like hours. As for the plastic maybe some gasoline will work. You can try gas on the paint too if Nylon Spotter is unavailable to you.

Ryan

Redcar GUY
02-10-2002, 09:06 AM
might try clay too............

Ryan
02-10-2002, 10:20 AM
Clay works. Just dont give up if you are there for a while.

Pats300zx
02-10-2002, 12:03 PM
My neighbors had the same problem with their car. They had yellow stripes down the sides of the car along the rocker panels. Being the Non-Autopians that they were, they left the paint and never tried to clean it. I was tempted to go and and do it myself cause I was sick of looking at it. :D

imported_JeffBruce
02-10-2002, 12:15 PM
My sisters car had the yellow from a street being painter...she had left it on for several weeks.....It took time, but I got most of it out with my finger nails, i tried Tar remover and F1 they may have loosened it..I also scrubbed with a sponge that was soft on one side and brilloy on the other....

jeff

02-10-2002, 01:04 PM
use t-cut - made by turtle wax - its brillliant - i once drove over a newley laid road and tar got everywhere on the undercaridge of the arnage - a few drops of t cut took it right off. it costs £3.30 a bottle (500ml)

shifty
02-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the recommendation. I was skeptical about clay working, but I bought McGuire`s Quick Clay and amaziningly enough, paint that had been on the van for months came off with relative ease. It took a little elbow grease and a using my finger nail in some spots, but almost all of the paint is gone. Thanks to those that pointed me in the right direction.

imported_zoraduntov
12-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Best way to shine/ clean exhaust tips

Todd@RUPES
12-21-2010, 05:48 AM
It really depends on what the exhaust tips are made of...

Most tips are stainless or chrome, so if you have a lot of baked on carbon use a metal polish in conjunction with 0000 steel wool. Once the carbon is removed use your favorite metal polish (I really like Optimum Metal Polish for most tips) to polish to a high luster.

imported_JSFM35X
12-21-2010, 06:16 AM

I used an APC soloution with 0000 Steel Wool to remove teh pre-obsession carbon buildup. Used Stoners Bug and tar to remove some spec`s of tar. Then P21S Polishing soap to clear up all the dullness and then Never dull to polish up the tip. Looks good and now all I ever need it the never dull.

I did not invent this recipie I found it here brom a combination of Barry and David.

Has not failed yet!

imported_JSFM35X
12-21-2010, 06:16 AM

I used an APC soloution with 0000 Steel Wool to remove the pre-obsession carbon buildup. Used Stoners Bug and tar to remove some spec`s of tar. Then P21S Polishing soap to clear up all the dullness and then Never dull to polish up the tip. Looks good and now all I ever need it the never dull.

I did not invent this recipie I found it here brom a combination of Barry and David.

Has not failed yet!

imported_zoraduntov
12-21-2010, 03:10 PM
These tips are from my 02 Z06 with titanium exhaust . I dont know if the tips are titanium or not . How do you polish them ? A drill adapter like a mothers powerball and some metal polish or just the steel wool and metal polish ?

imported_Luster
12-21-2010, 04:09 PM
I polish mine by hand with Happich Simichrome Polish. Best metal polish I`ve ever used. 10 minutes, once a month.:thumbup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/g-sport/IMG_5659.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/g-sport/IMG_5658.jpg

imported_zoraduntov
12-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Nice GS :thumbup: