PDA

View Full Version : Jet Seal 109

Pages : [1] 2

Steve @ Guru
02-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Ok, call me a meanie, but why does everyone have their own unique spelling for the Meguiar`s line of car products?

How do <strong class=`bbc`>you[/b] like to spell it???

(the examples I used above are from actual e-mails that thewaxtest.com received...eeek!)

imported_killerjg
02-05-2002, 11:12 PM
Well, you`ll kill this one if it won`t take the correct spelling:D

vettefan67
02-05-2002, 11:27 PM
I thought it was MecGwiares :confused:

LOL that annoys me as well but I can`t really talk . . . I thought it was pronounced meg-eee-ahrs.

Lemonxxs
02-06-2002, 10:08 AM
Very Funny geekster!!!!!

Heck some times I screw it up but not that bad!!!

I would love to read some of those emails and such....Maybe you could post the funny ones in the OT section:xyxthumbs

SouthernBoy
02-06-2002, 10:38 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>. . . I thought it was pronounced meg-eee-ahrs. [/b]</blockquote>
Where I come from, you say "Muh-Gwaaars." :D

vettefan67
02-07-2002, 08:36 PM
it`s hard to say "Meguires" (proper pronunciation) and type Meguiar`s (proper spelling). I still have a hard time with it now that I know how to say the name correctly . . . I have caught myself typing Meguires for the first (and second and . . ) time!

Don2000g
02-19-2002, 11:28 PM
Don`t you pronounce it like Mike McGwire`s name?

Steve @ Guru
02-19-2002, 11:34 PM
That`s a good question! I`ve heard Mark McGwire`s name pronounced all sorts of ways...

Up `nordth they say, "Mark MAC-gwhu-eyer"

Down south they say, "Mark muh-gwarrrs" (as SouthernBoy will verify)

:)

I`ve heard Meguiar`s pronounced all sorts of ways too, but my preferred way of pronounciation is:

"Meg-wires"

-Steve :D

Don2000g
02-19-2002, 11:49 PM
Ok, ok I`m out of it. If there`s anyone who`s familiar with the playing career of Mark "Eve of Destruction" McGwire its me. I`m a die hard fan of the guy and I`ve followed him with his rookie year with the A`s. Remember the Bash Brothers?

Anyway, I pronounce Mark`s last name the second way. Pretty much all of the ESPN anchors and CNNSI anchors, Tony Larussa, etc... do as well. Laters

vettefan67
02-26-2002, 12:28 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by geekysteve [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I`ve heard Meguiar`s pronounced all sorts of ways too, but my preferred way of pronounciation is:

"Meg-wires"

-Steve :D [/b]</blockquote>I understand that to be the correct pronunciation as said by Barry Meg-wire ;).

skottsmith@sbcglobal.net
04-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Don`t need to know how to spell it, I found Zaino!!!

Bill;) ;)

titus
04-13-2002, 12:16 AM
Brother Bill, you and I have been saved! We have found Zaino. :D

rstype
04-15-2002, 07:30 PM
LOL... do you pronounce it "say-no," "zay-no," "zain-owe," or "zay-ne-owe"?

What about Klasse then?

"Class"

"Classy"

"Klause"

"Klassay"

:D

StLB5
06-27-2002, 04:49 PM
I really like it when someone posts: "Mcguires is my favorite..."

It`s kind of like when I handed a guy a Corona and he told me it was his favorite beer. He then proceeded to try and twist the top off.

Jngrbrdman
06-27-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by StLB5

It`s kind of like when I handed a guy a Corona and he told me it was his favorite beer. He then proceeded to try and twist the top off.

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I did that to someone once. "Sure, I`ll take one. I smoke Newports all the time." This was right before the hacking attack. LOLOLOL