PDA

View Full Version : anybody here a Forza fan

Pages : [1] 2

waxinator
02-04-2002, 06:08 PM
Years ago I called an interior wood dash and trim shop

who advertises in Car & Driver and asked him

what he uses as far as polishes for his kits.

He said Lemon Pledge and I said that`s it!

He said he found it worked best.

I tried Zymol Detail Wax but felt it was so-so.

Anyone find anything they feel is better?

vettefan67
02-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Since it`s not real wood, products formulated for use on actual wood would not be of much use here. Not sure what to use on it, what`s the material and what`s the car?

waxinator
02-04-2002, 06:50 PM
na. The wood we`re talking about is real wood, topped

with a polyurthane.

Pledge works terrific. Just wondering if there`s

anything better out there.

miguelgf
02-04-2002, 07:04 PM
Actually - puterbum`s right - you`re not applying the pledge to the wood - you`re applying it to the polyurethane coating.

I`m pretty sure you`ll find a good deal of discussion on this in the archives - the overall opinion was to treat it like any plastic surface. Myself - I used the Klasse twins, AIO and SG - and my wood looks GREAT.

I`m also glad to know that the UV blockers will keep the wood from fading.

waxinator
02-04-2002, 07:32 PM
went back to the archives. Someone says Pledge

may break through the poly and hurt the wood.

Two items that were mentioned were the Zymol Detail

and Plexus. Got em both so I will ditch the Pledge.

Many Thanks

Chuckmotor
02-04-2002, 08:13 PM
Do the Klasse twins really work on wood trim? Is it 100% safe (with the abrasives in AIO), and does it not glare or anything? I`ve been using QD (Meg`s Final Inspection, to be precise) on wood, and it makes it look pretty good.

miguelgf
02-04-2002, 08:34 PM
Chuck-

Dunno where everyone got that there`s abrasives in AIO... I`ve seen the posts that mention it - but on the bottle it clearly states that AIO is *non-abrasive*.

In addition - I`ve noticed that it`s very mild. I had a scuffmark on one of my lower body panels that got there from a shoe heel. AIO couldn`t clear it - but a very mild rubbing compound cleaned it up in a second. I would think that if AIO had any kind of abrasive in it, it would have cleared up the scuffmark.

I used it on all my interior wood - and didn`t notice any marring of the surface - only a great shine. I`d highly recommend it.

Chuckmotor
02-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Thanks! I`ll certainly give it a try once I get my first order of Klasse ever which should be arriving soon!! I`m very excited! Thanks, group buy!!!

imported_killerjg
02-04-2002, 10:54 PM
Klasse looks excellent inside. You`ll love the way it feels and looks. I also use a little EO WetnShine on it.

waxinator
02-05-2002, 04:21 PM
Just threw some p21s on the wood.

Awesome

vettefan67
02-05-2002, 04:41 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JohnN [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Chuck-

Dunno where everyone got that there`s abrasives in AIO... I`ve seen the posts that mention it - but on the bottle it clearly states that AIO is *non-abrasive*.[/b]</blockquote>Hey John,

I too wish I could trust manufacturers to be true to their word but the fact is Slick50 is useless, Energizer batteries do run out, and AIO is abrasive. I`m glad you didn`t get any marring on your wood trim on the inside of the vehicle, but I am pretty sure AIO has abrasives in it in addition to the harsh solvents it contains.

I remember Intermezzo330I had some problems with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion ("non-abrasive" - MFR.) leaving abrasive hazing on his paint, and much to his relief a good firm application of AIO abraded away the fine hazing from the other "non-abrasive" product.

Maybe AIO polished out any swirls that were present in the wood? Did you notice swirls beforehand? I am sure I remember BW posting about swirls in interior trim but the thread seems to have disappeared :(.

miguelgf
02-05-2002, 09:25 PM
puter-

No, no swirls before or after - as far as solvents are concerned, I`m sure AIO`s got some nasty one. But abrasives - I highly doubt it. Even the mildest ones would have gotten out some shoe heel scuff marks I had on the bottom panels of my SUV. It didn`t. I tried some SMR - and they came out right away. Same went for a scuff mark I got from a minivan that hit my mirror - I couldn`t even touch it with AIO - but some mild rubbing compound got rid of it in a second.

Still doesn`t mean that there aren`t abrasives - but if there are, they must be soooo mild, I wouldn`t think anything of them.

Audiguru
12-04-2010, 05:42 PM
since where on the topic of gaming (Mr.Tru_Shines thread below) i was wondering if anyone here plays forza 1,2 or 3?

Happy Holidays
Mo:Christmas Hat:

michakaveli
12-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Gran Turismo and F1 2010 my friend....

Audiguru
12-05-2010, 02:06 AM
Gran Turismo and F1 2010 my friend....
dont have a PS3