PDA

View Full Version : opti mitt

miguelgf
02-03-2002, 09:40 PM
Has anyone here tried this stuff?

I use 303 and am very satisfied with it - not really looking to replace it.

However...

I have a lot of vinyl and leather around the house that I`d like to protect the way I protect the car, but I`m not willing to spring the bucks that go with the 303 label.

I`ve read some threads that suggest this product as a possible substitute - and was going to buy some ABC anyhow, so I figured I`d pick some up. At $8.50 a quart, I won`t go broke if I need to apply it regularly.

Anyone have any first hand experience with it?

kiltman
02-03-2002, 10:52 PM
I have tried it and like it so far. I have a big leather couch its on now and a 4 and 8 year old testing it :scared . Didn`t use in my car yet, I am waiting for the results. I bet lots of dealers and pro detailers use it ,the price is good.

rmccall6
02-03-2002, 11:15 PM
I think I remember Ron saying that both 303 and AutoInt`s use the same PMDS polymer protectant stuff in the formulas.

DETAILKING
02-04-2002, 12:04 AM
You get what you pay for......

I have tried a few different leather conditioners when I was detailing customer cars more often. I found this one to be the best for the money. Should work fine in the house, but on the car I would stick with the name brands......

Leather Lotion!

http://www.prowax.com/dressings.html (`http://www.prowax.com/dressings.html`)

vettefan67
02-04-2002, 12:09 AM
I remember Ron basically saying all water-based PDMS products use the same resin, it`s just the concentration of the resin that matters. AutoInt`s product is likely to have a lesser concentration of this resin than 303, which must also have more than the really cheap BM semigloss stuff.

Ron Ketcham
02-04-2002, 09:11 AM
The Automotive International products is around 24% resin, the 303 is around 33% resin content.

That is the basic difference.

Ketch

:xyxthumbs

imported_Blake
02-04-2002, 09:45 AM
I`ve used this product and like it. So far it`s holding up fairly good on my tires and it imparts a fairly high sheen to interior vinyl. Purchased it for a vinyl box cover but haven`t used it for that purpose yet. I tried it on a part of my leather seats and frankly prefer my Lexol more on the seats. I`ll probably continue to use it on my interior vinyl + under the hood.:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

imported_detailchick
11-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi Jack

Are you going to be carrying the new opti- mitt soon , maybe before Christmas? Or maybe you already are , I couldnt find it.

Jack Kruer
12-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Hi Jack

Are you going to be carrying the new opti- mitt soon , maybe before Christmas? Or maybe you already are , I couldnt find it.

DC,

When a new product comes out from Optimum, it is held up from normal distribution for the first few weeks. We will have it in stock as soon as they give it to us, probably before the holidays.

jk

nacoo
01-05-2011, 02:08 AM
I am also eagerly waiting for the new product. It was a friend of mine who told me about it. I really wonder why it is held up from normal distribution in the beginning stage. Anyway I would request Jack to let us know as soon as the new product is available.

Old Pirate
01-05-2011, 08:02 AM
I will let you all know very very soon.....................:wizard:

imported_wendell jarvis
01-05-2011, 10:37 AM
I hope that you have small hands or you like a snugged fit, I had to return mine, it was way too tight on my hand, plus there have been allot of reported issues with the foam separating. Just thought I would give you a heads up......I still prefer the schmitt !!

imported_detailchick
01-05-2011, 11:44 AM
I was worried the 8` would be too big for my hands so thats probably just right for me . Does the mitt come with some kind of warranty or replacement if the mitt foam separates right away?:smile:

imported_wendell jarvis
01-05-2011, 12:28 PM
I was worried the 8` would be too big for my hands so thats probably just right for me . Does the mitt come with some kind of warranty or replacement if the mitt foam separates right away?:smile:

Depends on where you purchased it.......I was fully refunded.

imported_Chris@Optimum
01-06-2011, 02:03 AM
There have been some reports of easily torn yellow scrubber foam. Your supplier will replace you OptiMitt if required. I beta tested two mitts and mine have not torn and out of all we shipped only a handful have the problem but because those with problems have been vocal you may have seen a couple posts on it. I have seen 3 to be exact and they were all torn yellow foam and none had "come apart."