PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Spammers off TID

Pages : [1] 2 3

DCT
02-02-2002, 09:01 PM
Sorry everybody! I know there were a couple of threads on this subject. However, I`ve been trying to get to www.tacscar.com for quite a while and can`t get through. I`ve deleted history files, cache, and even run SMARTDRV at the DOS prompt and deleted the History directory and Temporary Internet directory. Still no luck!

Can anyone give me the DNS entry to Tim`s site? Maybe that will bypass whatever is causing the problem on my computer.

I need cotton wash mits BAD!!!

Thanks in advance

kiltman
02-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Try This http://members.tripod.com/el1snako/index.htm (`http://members.tripod.com/el1snako/index.htm`)

DCT
02-02-2002, 09:20 PM
I found it there with some DNS lookups.

Thanks High Noon

bmw5541
11-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Here is my suggestion to keep the ass clowns like Kneeftwaf from spamming TID.

When a new member wants to post on TID, their first 3 posts should be approved by admin first before it can be posted. I know it is a PITA, but jerks like this make a joke of a place like this that we all love so much.

What do you guys think?

Mopar
11-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I know my opinion doesn`t really matter much, but I dont see a problem with that. Its better than logging on to see all that crap

muttgrunt
11-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I think we all can agree to that. This basically means someone would have to wait a day to get a final approval to be able to post.

PAR Detailing
11-27-2010, 11:48 AM
I`d be ok with it but I understand if that doesn`t happen for just what Marc said, a new poster would have to wait up to a day to be able to post.

On a side note the most recent spammer isn`t very bright. He douched up our forum and I can`t even tell what he is trying to pimp out. All spammers suck but this guy sucks the most. Atleast some are creative with it like making a period the link. Lol Oh well

grungy
11-27-2010, 12:04 PM
I`ll add that I was upset when I saw this problem this morning. I`m with Barry on this one. :-B

Audiguru
11-27-2010, 12:53 PM
totally agreed Barry, I hate people who chose to waste there time spamming comunitys like ours

imported_Flash Gordon
11-27-2010, 05:04 PM
For some weird reason spammers don`t bother me :-? I usually get a chuckle out of what they post, and can`t help but wonder if what they do has any positive effect for them :money: :money: :money:

I also think Jack should make Barry Moderator 3

admin_old
11-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Unfortunately, your Admin is not always in front of the PC to catch these PITA spammers. Normally, I am, but today, I was out and about for a bit.
I have had thoughts about the moderated first few posts, but that makes it difficult for someone to get on here and make their opinion known.
Occasionally, one of these spammers gets through and carpet bombs the forum.
Sorry, I couldn`t get him earlier, folks.

Honestly, these guys really think we give a darn about their crap about gambling, or erectile dysfunction pills. PUH-Leaze!
:banghead:

Paul Sparks
11-27-2010, 08:49 PM
We understand the reasons not to change posting rules for new members. I guess its a small price we pay to keep this forum running smoothly. You guys do a great job and I want to thank you for your efforts. :)

Mopar
11-27-2010, 09:09 PM
I admin a few forums (unrelated to detailing) and I know the headache it can cause. I wish I had a simple fix for you, but short of moderating posts there isnt much you can do.

bmw5541
11-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately, your Admin is not always in front of the PC to catch these PITA spammers. Normally, I am, but today, I was out and about for a bit.
I have had thoughts about the moderated first few posts, but that makes it difficult for someone to get on here and make their opinion known.
Occasionally, one of these spammers gets through and carpet bombs the forum.
Sorry, I couldn`t get him earlier, folks.

Honestly, these guys really think we give a darn about their crap about gambling, or erectile dysfunction pills. PUH-Leaze!
:banghead:

Thanks for getting rid of all his crap.:clap: I know it is hard and TID is the best with a doubt!!!

Leadfootluke
11-28-2010, 12:33 PM
The other alternative would be to have moderators, not admin, who have privileges limited to removing posts and banning users. Guys who you trust and who are frequently on the forum.