PDA

View Full Version : Trade: Sample of Menz Powerlock??

Pages : [1] 2 3

kreativ
01-31-2002, 03:55 AM
I have a California Water Blade, and it doesn`t matter if I use it on glass or paint, it makes a nasty screeching noise. The only time it doesn`t is if I apply more pressure than I`d want to.

Needless to say, I don`t use it at all. Just wondering if this is normal with the water blades.

Preachers Sheets
01-31-2002, 07:54 AM
I use my blade alot, the noise your hearing is the surface going from wet to 100% dry. With water the blade will slide over it but if your pressing down hard the blade has no water and is "hopping" over the surface.

No harm is doing, trust me, I used it ALOT... I use my car 2-3 days a week and it is washed at least twice. I always use the blade in the warmer weather and never had problems.

imported_BretFraz
01-31-2002, 09:58 AM
I`m right there with Joe D. Mine squeaks/chatters a little but its no big deal. Never had a problem.

MikeLS
01-31-2002, 10:19 AM
Yeah, my Cali WB, squeaks quite a bit when there`s hardly any water left on the paint or when the Blade itself dries. I always use it though after a wash and it continues to work great. I know it sounds like it MUST be harming the paint, but I`ve never noticed any slight damage, so I`ll continue using it, with an Absorber of course.

:nixweiss

Lemonxxs
01-31-2002, 10:25 AM
be careful of the stray dead bug who landed on your freshly washed car or even parachuting dirt particles as they will scratch once the blade grinds them into the paint.:scared

Preachers Sheets
01-31-2002, 11:12 AM
I rinse my blade with my fingers after every pass. Sometimes I spray it. You are right "guessmyname", any little particle can really reverse the good effects of the blade. It`s all about how much you want to risk.

I use the cali water blade, oh man do I live in the fast lane, all the lights are fuzzy, i`m getitng cold sweats.......... waaaait, I`m just sick.

imported_doug
01-31-2002, 11:38 AM
yep, I learned the hard way too. The CWB is really great - until it finds that one microscopic dirt particle you find and drags a nice straight swirlscratch all the way down your black hood.

Now I only use it on my windows.

imported_Intermezzo
01-31-2002, 12:13 PM
The CWB screams at me like a banshee....almost to the point of being embarrassing if anyone is around. It does work wonderfully though.

Preachers Sheets
01-31-2002, 12:14 PM
Intermezzo, hopefully your not applying all the force your arm can muster on the water blade.

Either that or your ripping a real nasty one.

:bounce

imported_Intermezzo
01-31-2002, 12:44 PM
Joed, not sure. The slower I move the blade, the louder she screams at me. I think it may have put a few light scratches here and there but they were easily removed. Scratch or no scratch, she always yells. :)

vettefan67
01-31-2002, 12:45 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo330I [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Joed, not sure. The slower I move the blade, the louder she screams at me. I think it may have put a few light scratches here but they were easily removed. Scratch or no scratch, she always yells. :) [/b]</blockquote>Hey Intermezzo, are you sure it`s the Cali WB and not the wife screaming at you to come in? :D

Preachers Sheets
01-31-2002, 12:50 PM
Yea, the slower you go it will make more noise, it`s like the shot from the doctor, either way your going to know, do you want to pre-long it or get it over with, expect the water blade isn`t harming me.

No one yells at me for my detailing, I just wish I was detailing on a busy street, I wouldn`t mind talking to a few people and showing them what I can do. I am sure I could draw up some buisness that way. No one ever see`s me when I am detailing.

In matter of fact, I was walking to the train this morning and I saw this sweet 2001 mustang with the 1960`s rims, the rims are black and the car is like a blackish brown. Really good shape, just needs a wash, one layer of a mild polish and 2 layers of Klasse AIO, one layer of Klasse Glaze and a layer or two of Blitz to make it look factory new...... I know what this guy needs more than he does :-) This would be my first detailing adventure.... the MB 320 CLK never went through, I kept putting it off, I want to feel confident I can detail as good as I want to... I feel I am at that point now.

imported_Intermezzo
01-31-2002, 12:54 PM
LOL Puterbum. Sometimes the WB sounds like my wife when she yells, "don`t touch me!" so it can be confusing at times. Oh well, at least I don`t eat pop tarts for dinner anymore.

imported_Intermezzo
01-31-2002, 12:59 PM
Joed, yes, I agree. Just have to have faith that it`s working and not hurting your paint, because like most detailing products, it doesn`t scratch as long as you use it properly and use common sense.

Jngrbrdman
01-31-2002, 02:33 PM
Hmmm... I`ve never really noticed if mine squeaks or not. I usually don`t press very hard. I go over the car again with my Aborber so I don`t really worry about if the waterblade gets it all off.

I notice every new scratch in my car though and I`ve never noticed any damage done by the waterblade. Unlike the California Car Duster, the waterblade has never disappointed me in what I expected it to do. It gets the water off and doesn`t scratch my car. I clean it with my fingers after every pass too. If you use it wrong I`d imagine it would do a lot of damage.

oh, the squeaking will happen less if your car is already slicker than snot with Klasse or something. It is like an avalanche when I dry my car. I just push a little water from the top of my hood and it runs down and picks up a lot of water along the way. Pretty nifty looking. :D