PDA

View Full Version : Flex PE14-2 rotary video (new)

Pages : [1] 2

sing-toledo
01-29-2002, 02:20 AM
I`ll be going to Omaha next week. Any suggestions as to where I can find good MF towels in Omaha? Can it be found in places like Younkers & Dillards?

Also, are there any zaino distributors in Omaha where I can get some zfx?

Thanks in advance.

YoSteve
01-29-2002, 09:08 AM
You might have a better chance of meeting someone from Autopia that lives in Omaha.

I`m surprised you can`t a hold of a good microfiber. I heard in some parts of Asia that they use them in bathhouses and stuff, very interesting.

imported_JeffBruce
01-29-2002, 09:39 AM
If you go to YoSteve.com web site, because he`s ahving a birthday I think he turns 100......He is having a special but it is thru the internet. They have been regarded as the top 2 MF out in the Detailing Land....I hope to buy some if there are any left. The special starts tomorrow and last for 2 more days.

Jeff

TortoiseAWD
01-29-2002, 09:48 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by sing-toledo [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I`ll be going to Omaha next week. Any suggestions as to where I can find good MF towels in Omaha? Can it be found in places like Younkers & Dillards?[/b]</blockquote>sing-toledo,

Welcome to Autopia! I`ve not seen quality MFs in any of the mainstream department stores, yet (at least none that I would use for my paint). However, Hi-Temp (automotive chemical supply, bulk stuff mostly for pros) carries some . . . I called, and they said that they are 16"x16", 70/30% blend for $1.89 each. Unfortunately, the low price leads me to believe that they`re not the best quality. I saw the MFs at Hi-Temp this summer, but I was there to pick up foam pads, and really didn`t pay attention to the quality, just that they had them.

When will you be in town? I can try to make it over to their shop and check them out before then (for $1.89, if they`re quality at all, I may stock up!).<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<strong class=`bbc`>Also, are there any zaino distributors in Omaha where I can get some zfx?[/b]</blockquote>Yep . . . I`ll PM you the contact information for the distributor that I use. I`ll check around a couple of other places that might carry MFs, as well; if I find anything, I`ll let you know. Worst case: if we can`t find any MF towels suitable for paint for sale in Omaha, I can sell you some of my relatively-new neatitems towels that I got from a recent group purchase. I`m going to get some from the next group buy, too, so I can always increase my order in that one to make up for any you might take.

We`ll get you some good towels one way or another . . .

Safe trip,
Tort

Lemonxxs
01-29-2002, 10:03 AM
TORT is a true autopian!!!:bow :bow

From Singapore to Omaha...WOW...I hope you sleep on the plane.

mhaber
01-29-2002, 02:37 PM
I`ve tried most of the MF towels on the market including the ones sold at Walmart, about 2 for $4.50 with a 70/30 blend. They are decent but leave a fair amount of lint, especially on windows. The best by far are from neatitems.com. They are 70/30 and the thickest MF towels I`ve ever seen. The shipping is free, fast, and you can select from a number of sizes and colors.

grungy
11-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Didn`t go to SEMA, but saw this cool looking new Flex in several postings. Found a YouTube video is admins will allow

*LINK REMOVED*

bmw5541
11-14-2010, 08:20 PM
When I get my rotary, this is the one for me. It`s only 5.5 lbs.:thumbup:
I have no idea what the price will be though.

grungy
11-14-2010, 08:38 PM
I think Mike Phillips said AG will sell it around $400, so not a cheap one by any means but not the most expensive either Barry

imported_Stokdgs
11-14-2010, 10:04 PM
There is a video located at the A/G website on this new Flex.
It looks to be more ergonomically shaped for your hands, and the pad lock button is located off the head of the buffer to a more safer place, for those that like to use their hands on the head of the buffer, sans side handle.
Supposed to have different gears that are more durable and quieter, and bigger fans for cooling intenal parts.
I want to see what my Boat Detailer expert says about it; he routinely kills all the big name buffers every boating season.

Dan F

Here is the info --

FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher
Technical Specifications:

Backing plate diameter max 6 inches
polishing pad diameter max 8 inches
Speed without load 600-2100 rpm
Power input 10 Amp/1400 watt
Power output 800 watt
Tool fixture 5/8 inch
Length 15.75 inches
Height 4.7 inches
Weight 5.6 lbs.
Cord 13 feet

bmw5541
11-14-2010, 10:47 PM
I think Mike Phillips said AG will sell it around $400, so not a cheap one by any means but not the most expensive either Barry

Ouch!!!
I guess this is going to have to wait a while.

imported_wendell jarvis
11-15-2010, 03:22 PM
I would still put the Makita 9227 up against it any day, and half the price !!

imported_Stokdgs
11-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Well, we dont know how much it will cost, being a Geman made product, it would seem that it would have to cost more than a Makita.

I have the Makita 9227C as well, and other than repairing a shorted neutral wire in the handle end, its been trouble free.

The Flex appears to be more ergonomic than the Makita, and having used both Flex 3401 VRG, and my Flex L3403VRG, I would have to say that Flex has a better shaped body that is easier to hold and use, and they are lighter.

I really dont need to buy another machine, but if its that good for my particular needs, I would definitely give it a look-see.

I like to have sufficient machine-power available, and back up power.
But that`s just me..

Dan F

imported_RaskyR1
11-15-2010, 06:37 PM
I love my Makita, but after trying this thing at SEMA I must say I really want it! :Christmas Hat:

blackjz
11-16-2010, 01:42 AM
is this flex better than festool?