PDA

View Full Version : Swifters Interiors?

Idrops
01-28-2002, 07:02 PM
How much pressure is needed to apply SG with a foam pad?

Also, my first buffing of SG after AIO was easy, however the next two layers are more difficult to remove. I need a lot of elbow grease to get the residual off. I apply it very thin with a foam pad and remove with a Miracle MF. Of note the first removal was in cool dry weather, the next two in warmer muggy weather.

Any help out there?:D

dengelson
01-28-2002, 07:08 PM
I use light to medium pressure. Not like I`m trying to clean but just enough pressure to coat evenly from the MF applicator. SG is never going to be an easy product to buff off however I have found that three things make it easier. First is using a MF applicator this makes it easier for me to apply thin layers. Second is using a MF towel to remove it. Third is waiting at least twenty minutes before trying to remove the product. California doesn`t have much humidity so it may take longer elsewhere. If I wait at least that long the product will come off much more evenly.

Idrops
01-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Are you saying applying with a MF vs a foam pad will make it thinner?

I let SG dry overnite before removing.

dengelson
01-28-2002, 07:26 PM
To me the MF applicator puts down a more uniformly thin coat than a foam applicator. The only downside to the Viper MF applicator imo is that it is a little bit too big. Actually the size works just fine for applying SG but I`d like a smaller version for getting inside of the Souveran container. :cool:

<em class=`bbc`>clic pic[/i]
http://store4.yimg.com/I/classic-motoring_1666_2199541 (`http://www.properautocare.com/vipmicappad.html`)

nerdhunters
01-28-2002, 10:06 PM
I think it is OK to remove the SG after it dries, I wait two hours. But, I do wait 24 hours between coats to make sure it has cured completely.

YoSteve
01-28-2002, 10:10 PM
sprinkle some distilled water on your towel to aid in removal, many have found foam to apply a nice thin coat as well

Idrops
01-28-2002, 10:35 PM
Tried a little water and breathing on it as well. Still tough to remove. Why so easy on first coat and tough on others?

I think since SG has no water in it, the humidity influenced its removal.

Anyone else having this problem?

imported_daveo
11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Anyone else here use the swifter dusters for interiors or hard to reach areas?

BillE
11-12-2010, 07:48 AM
In a word...Yup!

They seem do a pretty good job of picking the light dust and `stuff` off. Guess we can say, "Works as advertised."

Bill