PDA

View Full Version : Guess my rental car/ Win Wet Diamond!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

31st330i
01-28-2002, 05:57 PM
1) what made you decide on Klasse versus Zaino or Meguiar`s #20?

2) the recommended application methods for other polymers like Zaino and Meguiar`s #20 seem to be common knowledge and well known. what is the typical procedure for the Klasse system that you foks in the know use?

3) which products are compatible and most commonly used Klass system (car wash, paint prep, QD etc.)?

thanks

Lenny
01-28-2002, 06:00 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 31st330i [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>1) what made you decide on Klasse versus Zaino or Meguiar`s #20?

2) the recommended application methods for other polymers like Zaino and Meguiar`s #20 seem to be common knowledge and well known. what is the typical procedure for the Klasse system that you foks in the know use?

3) which products are compatible and most commonly used Klass system (car wash, paint prep, QD etc.)?

thanks [/b]</blockquote>
I`m staying with Meguiars because I like the shine, the longevity, and the fact that I have great local sources that price <strong class=`bbc`>below[/b] any of the on-line sources.

Lemonxxs
01-28-2002, 06:06 PM
Zaino because it can be applied in the sunshine with no ill effects.

Klasse cause I wanted to try it out so I use it on the GF vehicle.

Both are great!

KLasse does have other products available but very hard to find.

Most use any good wash and QD with it.

dengelson
01-28-2002, 06:19 PM
<ul class=`bbcol decimal`> <strong class=`bbc`> [/b] I`ve used #20 for a couple of years with good results. I haven`t used it with a PC but I bet it would work great. I`m currently using Klasse on the daily drivers because of the great feedback I have read about it right here on the best detailing forum in the world! :bow Autopia! Also the two step process appealed to me. Furthermore what pushed me off the fence was its availablility at my local autoparts store that I have an account with.

I like to apply the AIO with a white foam CMA pad on the PC. I prefer to apply SG with a MF applicator.

I`m all over the road on this one. I think that the "Klasse System" works just fine with other products. I wash with 3M Shampoo. Clay with Mother`s Clay when necessary and use Meguiar`s Final Inspection QD. I have only tried a wax topper once and it was on the hood of my white truck. It looked good but it became an issue when I wanted to put down more SG because then I had to remove the wax first with a Dawn wash which you`re not supposed to do more than 2 or 3 times a year :confused: . I`m sure that toppers would look good on other vehicles but for my truck it was imo a waste of time and the Klasse beads water better too.[/list]

31st330i
01-28-2002, 06:38 PM
does Klasse leave white residue on black trim like #20 and UN-like Zaino?

so which of the two Klasse products is better for shine and longetivity. I see that they have an "all in one" and a "sealant glaze."

<strong class=`bbc`>Guess My Name:[/b]
since you want to wash in the shade anyway in order to prevent water spots, the ability to apply a wax in the sunshine seems like a moot point.

Lemonxxs
01-28-2002, 06:45 PM
I have a light color, so I can wash in the sun...No spots yet...If it was a dark color than yea it is desirable to wash in the shade.

Applying in the sun is important to me....Lots of sunshine down here.

31st330i
01-28-2002, 06:49 PM
scratch that last question.... I found a description on the tacsar web site.

so since Klasse AIO has a cleaner, it sounds like a direct replacement for Meguair`s #20 (as I was told by Meguiar`s support that it has cleaners in it).

and since Klasse SG can be layered (no cleaners) it`s a direct replacement for Zaino.

I get it now. :D

kiltman
01-28-2002, 06:52 PM
31st330i

I went with the Klasse cause at the time being a newbie the 2 step process seamed simple when you compared it with Zanio. IMHO Meguiar`s #20 is good but doesn`t compare to Klasse or Zanio. As for appling ,I do the same as shortcut. :up PC/AIO mf/SG but I am going to try foam with the SG.

imported_Intermezzo

<strong class=`bbc`>does Klasse leave white residue on black trim like #20 and UN-like Zaino?
[/b]</blockquote>
Klasse & Zaino are both trim-friendly. Also, FYI, Pinnacle Souveran, PPG & P21S are also trim-friendly, should you decide to use a carnauba topper sometime in the future.

dengelson

<strong class=`bbc`>so which of the two Klasse products is better for shine and longetivity. I see that they have an "all in one" and a "sealant glaze." [/b]</blockquote>
They are designed to work together. The first step is the AIO from what I gather it has chemical non-abrasive cleaners in it. It will look pretty good by itself but I look as the two Klasses as a package deal. So the way I see it is that the AIO is a good, compatable paint cleaner that serves as prep work for the SG. The SG will significantly enhance the protection that is delivered by the AIO. It also delivers more shine. :xyxthumbs

DETAILKING
01-28-2002, 06:58 PM
I would prep and go right to SG. An older car would benefit more from the abrasive nature of AIO. There have been debates on this. Check the archives.....

Jngrbrdman
01-28-2002, 06:59 PM
I choose Klasse over #20 because of the ease of application mostly. #20 is nice but I can put on 3 layers of Klasse in the time it takes for one layer of #20 to cure properly. I`m all about layers. :) I really like #20 but I find it more useful on my wheels and doors than on the car. I think the Klasse looks better on my white car than #20. A little brighter I think.

Lemonxxs
01-28-2002, 07:03 PM

<strong class=`bbc`>and since Klasse SG can be layered (no cleaners) it`s a direct replacement for Zaino.[/b]</blockquote>
Kinda...Zaino is has 3 different sealants (Z2, Z3, & Z5) and does not have a product to prep the paint like AIO does. And Zaino also has QD and wash products that compliment the system.

Both have the same purpose as to producing a great shine and last a long time.

AIO will do this alone but most prefer to apply the SG on top for added protection & shine.

31st330i
01-28-2002, 07:04 PM
I probably won`t use a topper since it seems like I might have to use Dawn to strip it right back off every time I want to renew the Klasse.

so first time Klasse application should be something like:

1) wash with dawn

2) clay (still have meguiar`s clay bar)

3) wash with Meguiar`s gold class

4) Medallion paint cleaner if needed

5) apply Klasse SG

6) Final Inspection QD

7) install sunglasses and stand back :scared

maintain with:

1) wash with Meguiar`s gold class

2) Final Inspection QD

applications after the initial (assuming no carnauba topper):

1) wash with Meguiar`s gold class

2) apply Klasse SG

3) Final Inspection QD

did I get this right? sounds easier and cheaper than the Zaino system with presumably equal results.

Lemonxxs
01-28-2002, 07:11 PM
Sounds like a good plan post some before and after pics.:xyxthumbs