PDA

View Full Version : What kind of camera do you use?

Pages : [1] 2

Jngrbrdman
01-27-2002, 05:51 PM
I`m trying to hold out on putting the Blackfire on my car just yet. I have a lot of time invested in my Klasse layers. I just sit there and drool over my blackfire and pray for heat. :) Probably not a good idea since the Olympics are in town next month. ;)

Anyway, I have over a dozen layers of Blackfire on the car already. What would you do to take it all off? Should I clay it before or after I take the Klasse off? I`ve got the BF kit with the pinnacle clay bars and I`m eager to try em out on my car. It has some spots that could use some clay. I just want to make sure that I get as clean of a pallette that I can before I go gung ho on the BF. I intend on getting at least as many layers on as the Klasse before I start layering on the PPG. :)

imported_Brad
01-27-2002, 08:42 PM
To be really sure I would do a Clay job then a Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion application before your BF application.

vettefan67
01-27-2002, 08:48 PM
Wouldn`t IPA work fine? Spray a mix of IPA / water on the paint, let it sit for a minute and rinse it off and wash with regular shampoo or dawn, your preference. Then go with the prep work, clay, abrasive / chemical cleaners, then BF, BF, BF, BF . . .

I know for a fact IPA removes AIO, I forgot about the AIO on my rear window and used an alcohol-based glass cleaner on it. . . oops ;).

Jngrbrdman
01-27-2002, 09:00 PM
what do you think about Ketch`s ABC stuff? Would that work? I don`t have any PPCL. I have a hard time justifying 20 bucks for something that I won`t want to use very often. Ya know? Unless someone wants to sell me enough to do one car. :)

jkochis
01-27-2002, 09:18 PM
Im with `puter...IPA in a spray bottle, can get cheaper or easier than that.

JonB
01-27-2002, 09:22 PM
Why not use the BF Polish? That should take Klasse or anything else off similar to AIO before SG....

H

vettefan67
01-27-2002, 09:24 PM
Try this . . . hehe

Wash car with carwash to remove any particulate stuff, contaminants.

Mix some distilled white vinegar and a bit of water in a wash bucket, wet a clean mitt in it and bathe the car. Let sit for a minute or 2. [ACID]

Next, hose that off well and Dawn wash [BASE].

Then, wash with your favorite CAR wash, [PH neutral]. I will try to get some litmus strips to test the PH of Meguiar`s Gold Class shampoo and Zymol, but that`s all I have right now.

What do you guys think? I haven`t tried this yet, but both of these steps are commonly used by professional and recreational detailers. It is not as agressive as the ABC system, which can be either good or bad, depending on what you think. I certainly hope those of you who are opponents of Dawn washing are not advocates of ABC . . .

mikeyg402
11-03-2010, 07:23 PM
As in for taking pictures of details you have done? I am looking for something that doesnt cost a fortune (budget goes up to $700 at the most) and delivers a true image lol. Sure my 5 yr old digital camera does an ok job but not what I want. Plus i want something i can mount on a tripod because I dont have the most sturdy hands in the world :(

Thanks!

imported_Dubbin1
11-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Recently picked up a Canon EOS T1i and love it. Its about $700.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

imported_glfahlc
11-03-2010, 08:48 PM
i have a canon 1ds but car pictures aren`t my specialty and runs more the $700. i would suggest that either canon or nikon slr will take the best pics. google slr in your price range and see what pops up.

bmw5541
11-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I have a Canon Rebel XT that is now about 5 years old. I know that there are better cameras out there, but for my limited skills, it does just fine.

Husker Z
11-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I have a Canon Rebel XT that is now about 5 years old. I know that there are better cameras out there, but for my limited skills, it does just fine.

That`s what I have as well. It does so much more than I understand! I`ve bought a few books to try to help, but I just don`t know what the hell I`m doing! I am going to try to make that a personal goal for 2011.

bmw5541
11-04-2010, 10:33 AM
That`s what I have as well. It does so much more than I understand! I`ve bought a few books to try to help, but I just don`t know what the hell I`m doing! I am going to try to make that a personal goal for 2011.

Funny thing is, my brother is a professional photographer who has had full page photos published in Sports Illustrated. You would think I should know how to take a decent picture.........not so!

Husker Z
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Funny thing is, my brother is a professional photographer who has had full page photos published in Sports Illustrated. You would think I should know how to take a decent picture.........not so!

HA! Yeah, maybe he can give you a personal class for Christmas or something.

shizam1
11-04-2010, 11:37 AM
The good thing about digital, is you can take a bunch of shots and not waste money :)

I`d play with the exposure, and see what the different results get you.

Also, if you want the colors to match reality, you can get a gray card to get your white balance correct.

Good luck!