PDA

View Full Version : How clean do pads need to be?

Chuckmotor
01-27-2002, 11:25 AM
Does everyone here use a PC, either the 7335, 7336, or 7424? Does anybody use anything else, say a Craftsman, Waxmaster (I think that`s what it`s called), or one of those nifty Cyclons with the twin oribitals?

Also, does anybody here use a rotary? Why or why not, and how much expierence does one have to have to operate one of them?

imported_Intermezzo
01-27-2002, 12:51 PM
Chuckmotor,

Every Little Detail uses a rotary on his clients` cars. Might want to e-mail/PM him if you have specific questions. Who knows....maybe that`s just what your car needs to get that deep dark black again! :)

imported_doug
01-27-2002, 04:02 PM
MOST of us use the PC.

The others I`ve seen use larger pad (less PSI) and less power - so they`re probably OK for applying/buffing waxes and glazes. Definitely not as good for ppolishing/swirl removing.

Andre'
01-28-2002, 01:37 AM
I use a rotary all the time. Enybody can us one, but it does take some time to learn a good technique A rotary can restor a pretty bad looking paint finish, that may have bad scratches, oxidation and swirlmarks, that`s something you can`t do by hand, that`s why i use one.:)

imported_JoeinLA
11-02-2010, 05:28 PM
If I use a pad in the morning and let it sit around until late afternoon, will it be too "dry" to reuse, thus requiring a new pad? Or can I either give it some water or just apply more product and go at it? Will the dried polish create problems?

Just trying to keep just 1 pad per product rather than using 2 pads. I work from home so i`m polishing up my car as a break :P

Thanks in advance!

ps, I`m using a flex 3401 and menzerna super polish.

Old Pirate
11-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Here`s some information on cleaning your pads.

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/snclpadclpo.html