PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars W-8000 Pad + M-205

db2
01-26-2002, 11:37 PM
Does anybody know of a foam odorless carpet cleaner, I ask becuase I like cleaning my floormats frequently but noticed the 3M upholstry cleaner I use stinks up the car and hides that great leather smell

imported_Tuscarora Dave
11-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I`ve read that M-205 doesn`t work well with some pads. I believe it was a W-8207 that is recommended for use with M-205. I have a new W-8000 yellow 8" polishing pad for rotary use. What kind of problems have you M-205 users seen with using 205 on non 2.0 pads?

imported_Stokdgs
11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
I have used Meguiars 205 with Lake Country Pads (Orange, White, Hydro- Cyan, Tangerine) on a variety of German paint, Japanese, and American painted surfaces and never had any problems with the polish or the Pad at all.
If finishes down very nicely and is very easy to remove, when compared to Meguiars 105.

Do not have any experience with the Meguiars Pad Line; have never used Yellow Pads for anything because if its that scratched, I will usually use the Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool with Meguiars 105, and then step it down with Megs 205, and possibly on the Menzerna PO85RD, etc..

What are you going to be compounding with an 8" pad - a Boat, Airplane, etc.,?

Dan F

imported_Tuscarora Dave
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
I have used Meguiars 205 with Lake Country Pads (Orange, White, Hydro- Cyan, Tangerine) on a variety of German paint, Japanese, and American painted surfaces and never had any problems with the polish or the Pad at all.
If finishes down very nicely and is very easy to remove, when compared to Meguiars 105.

Do not have any experience with the Meguiars Pad Line; have never used Yellow Pads for anything because if its that scratched, I will usually use the Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool with Meguiars 105, and then step it down with Megs 205, and possibly on the Menzerna PO85RD, etc..

What are you going to be compounding with an 8" pad - a Boat, Airplane, etc.,?

Dan F

Thanks for your reply. The W-8000 is a polishing pad with very little cutting ability(unlike the LC cutting pad) so it`s more for following the cutting stage.

I will be using it on this Z06 that I am working on. I`ll be back on that tomorrow morning.