PDA

View Full Version : SEMA week Contest: Cover Craft Car Covers

Pages : 1 [2] 3

imported_wendell jarvis
11-02-2010, 08:30 AM
I personally do not use car covers ( I have a 2 car garage)

But I do recommend car covers to my customers that live in Apartment complex, or do not have a garage.....

There has not been a particular brand of car cover that I recommended.....maybe by winning, I can start to suggest this brand.

CEE DOG
11-02-2010, 09:05 AM
I do not use a car cover. My reasoning is that no matter how great it is made it will at some point get some dust or dirt inside it.
:2 cents:At that point it will begin scratching up the car. :2 cents:

If I am drawn please give the prize to one of my friends on here.

imported_wendell jarvis
11-02-2010, 06:53 PM
who won????????????

Old Pirate
11-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Contest ends on Saturday, so keep them coming everyone!

Leadfootluke
11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Do any of you (professional and rabid enthusiasts) use car covers on your own automobiles? Why or why not?

Do you recommend to your clients that they use a high quality car cover? Why or why not?

Todd

We have not used a car cover yet. What we have had was 3 vehicles for the 3 drivers in our household. The daily driver is a RWD car with way too much power for rain or snow. After struggling last year in the Michigan Winter we used our other van that we got back from a family member who used it [until his wifes medical condition led them to no longer needed it]. The car was then stored in a neighbors garage for the winter.

That winter, our neighbors cat found the hood cowl a great place to sleep, so the hood and roof took a real beating and in the spring it took a long detailing session to remove the damage. At this point we can`t afford a car cover, but it`s almost a necessary evil unless the neighbor can keep the garage shut and even then, a car cover would be a great asset.

I would definitely recommend a cover to a customer who keeps their car unattended for long periods of time in an environment they can`t control the conditions of. In someone else`s storage space, outside, etc. And to echo what others have said, I would assist to ensure the vehicle is prepared to be stored [clean] and the cover is put on in a responsible fashion without inducing any marring.

I would definitely recommend a high quality car cover. If you are spending the time and money to protect your investment, do it right. A cheap cover will not last, not adequately protect, and will cause marring from the cheap materials used. Having to re-correct the paint after using a cheap car cover [or none at all] compromises the clear and costs more money to fix than it would to have a quality car cover.

Good luck to everyone, I find this thread to be timed well as Winter is coming up for some of us and covers are important parts of the process in some cases as well.

Thanks for the opportunity Todd :Frosty:

Leadfootluke
11-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Contest ends on Saturday, so keep them coming everyone!

Is there a winner yet? I hate asking :redface:

imported_Pats300zx
11-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I was thinking the same thing :)

imported_wendell jarvis
11-07-2010, 01:26 PM
According to my calendar its Sunday........whats up !!

admin_old
11-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Winner being picked as I write this.
Will be posted shortly.
Sorry for the delay.
SEMA kept the guys busier than we thought.
Plus, your Admin has to sleep some time!
Sleep

imported_wendell jarvis
11-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Inquiring minds want to know

imported_wendell jarvis
11-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Director who won?

admin_old
11-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Our apologies for the delay in announcing the winners here.
We waited for Jack to get back, and Todd`s accident slowed us just a bit.

There were a number of members who noted in their post that they would give their response in the thread, but did not wish to be drawn.
Per their requests, we did not include them in the entrants to choose from, but do thank them for their input.

Here are the winners for this contest:

Car Cover Winner --- LeadfootLuke

Sun Shield Winners -- Kakeuter and ZimRandy

Our congratulations to the winners and our thanks to all who participated in this contest. We appreciate everyone`s support of TID.

For the winners, please contact me by PM so that I may get your shipping information and the make and model of your vehicle.

bmw5541
11-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Congrats guys.
Use your prizes well.:hurray:

imported_ZimRandy
11-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Here are the winners for this contest:

Car Cover Winner --- LeadfootLuke

Sun Shield Winners -- Kakeuter and ZimRandy

Our congratulations to the winners and our thanks to all who participated in this contest. We appreciate everyone`s support of TID.

For the winners, please contact me by PM so that I may get your shipping information and the make and model of your vehicle.

Woohoo!

PM on the way.

Thanks TID / PAC!

Randy

imported_kakeuter
11-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Thank you!

Honestly, I have been living in Texas for a year and half now and I have yet to procure a sunshade for my windshield. It will be used extensively.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this great forum!