PDA

View Full Version : Submerged iPhone!

Pages : [1] 2 3

deserttoy
01-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Hi folks,

I`m new to the forum, and would like to know if I can change the time to reflect Eastern Standard Time. I`m getting confused with the default time (GMT) that is used in the forum. Thanks deserttoy:confused:

dsl4evr
01-22-2002, 08:43 PM
Hi there . welcome to the forum. If you go to user cp , than edit options. It`s near the bottom.

deserttoy
01-22-2002, 09:23 PM
Much thanks fenrir!!! The confusion is over.:D

imported_firebird
10-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Dumb, dumb, dumb but I washed my jeans with my iPhone in my pocket. Any chance it will work again once it`s dries out? This is the dumbest thing I`ve ever done! :cursing:

Audiguru
10-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Dumb, dumb, dumb but I washed my jeans with my iPhone in my pocket. Any chance it will work again once it`s dries out? This is the dumbest thing I`ve ever done! :cursing:

My aunt droped her Droid in a sink....put in in some rice and leave it there for two weeks....the test it and see if it works

best of luck!:smile:

imported_RaskyR1
10-15-2010, 09:58 PM
My wife submerged hers in water and it worked after a few hours of drying out. Then she dropped it in the toilet a few months later....yes after she went pee, and it worked again after a few days of drying. The battery life was not as good and it was glitchy now and then but it worked for several months before she got the new iPhone 4.

Place it if front of a heater vent or fan for a few days. I`ve also heard placing it in a baggy full of rice will help.

Audiguru
10-15-2010, 10:01 PM
My wife submerged hers in water and it worked after a few hours of drying out. Then she dropped it in the toilet a few months later....yes after she went pee, and it worked again after a few days of drying. The battery life was not as good and it was glitchy now and then but it worked for several months before she got the new iPhone 4.

Place it if front of a heater vent or fan for a few days. I`ve also heard placing it in a baggy full of rice will help.

Rice dose wonders

imported_firebird
10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
My phone is my lifeline for work...don`t think I can wait 2 weeks! I will probably head to AT&T tomorrow!

imported_firebird
10-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Could it be brown rice?!!! Supposed to be healthier! lol Thanks everyone!

Audiguru
10-15-2010, 10:05 PM
My phone is my lifeline for work...don`t think I can wait 2 weeks! I will probably head to AT&T tomorrow!

is your phone covered by At@t`s phone insurance

imported_firebird
10-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Nope! Well it`s even under warranty but I have the 3G and they admit there`s problems with the hardware in it. Didn`t work right from the beginning but all the 3g`s are the same so switching it out won`t help with the same phone..would upgrade to 3GS at least.
Was just at ATT today never knowing that I may have to return tomorrow!

imported_RaskyR1
10-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Nope! Well it`s even under warranty but I have the 3G and they admit there`s problems with the hardware in it. Didn`t work right from the beginning but all the 3g`s are the same so switching it out won`t help with the same phone..would upgrade to 3GS at least.
Was just at ATT today never knowing that I may have to return tomorrow!

I wouldn`t expect AT&T to do much. They will see right away that it got wet and they don`t offer insurance on iPhones anyway.

Guess it`s time for a new iPhone 4. I upgraded from my 3G about three months ago and the difference was night and day!

imported_firebird
10-15-2010, 10:13 PM
I wonder if my 2 yr warranty will at least transfer to the new phone??
Rasky, your first email made me laugh!

imported_RaskyR1
10-15-2010, 10:14 PM
I wonder if my 2 yr warranty will at least transfer to the new phone??

What 2yr warranty? How long you had the 3G?

I was laughing for 10 minutes when her friend told me what she did....it was a public bathroom and she reached in and grabbed it out of the toilet! :D

imported_firebird
10-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Bought it Nov 2009 so good for 1 yr with manufacturer. But they said today that the warranty doesn`t cover this hardware problem. For sure they won`t help me now that I washed the phone.