PDA

View Full Version : Tree sap removal

Pages : 1 [2]

imported_gewb
10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
I have some sap from a neighbor`s pine tree on the hood, don`t really know how it got there as the closest tree is about 40 yards away. Tried some clay and removed some of the sap, but not all. Should I keep trying the clay or is there an easier way? Thanks for any help.

Follow the axium about "the hair of the dog that bit you" - turpentine is distilled from pine sap and is the best solvent to dissolve pine sap! Use on an old (but clean) MF towel or other soft cloth - do not rub very hard - let the solvent do the work.

Note: the area will need to be washed with soap afterwards and re-waxed.

Regards,
GEWB

theisab
10-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I had some pine sap spots that could be removed with a LOT of rubbing using isopropyl alcohol or WD40. Then I tried some Tarminator. It worked like a champ!!!

BillE
10-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Follow the axium about "the hair of the dog that bit you" - turpentine is distilled from pine sap and is the best solvent to dissolve pine sap! Use on an old (but clean) MF towel or other soft cloth - do not rub very hard - let the solvent do the work.

Note: the area will need to be washed with soap afterwards and re-waxed.

Regards,
GEWB

What he said!

Bill

imported_akimel
10-08-2010, 08:29 AM
I have had very good luck dissolving tree sap with Tarminator. The local NAPA store ordered a can for me. It only took a day for them to get it. Tarminator should be on every detailer`s shelf.

imported_Luster
10-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I have had very good luck dissolving tree sap with Tarminator. The local NAPA store ordered a can for me. It only took a day for them to get it. Tarminator should be on every detailer`s shelf.

+1. Tarminator.

imported_Bunky
10-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I have used the Tarminator too. It always seemed to work best on the second application so maybe I am not letting it dwell enough.

BWdiver
04-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Its not tree sap. But a light brown stain from the leaves and such. I bet it is a acid or alky base stain. very hard to remove, I may have too get this buffed out this time and keep up on a good wax and sealer.

any recommendations for wax and sealer? and a good soap. we have a ARDEX truck that comes by, but I have never took the time to talk to the guy.

BIOLINK
04-24-2011, 02:06 PM

:iagree::iagree: