PDA

View Full Version : 2 Ferrari , Enzo , 458 , clean up

Pages : [1] 2

rockymountaindetail
01-18-2002, 09:29 PM
I`m sure I could use the search function and find all this information though I`d like this to be a one stop discussion for the archives...

I was hoping others would list some or all of there preferred car care products; whether it be there favorite wash, wax, polish, paint cleaner, tire dressing, leather cleaner/conditioner, engine degreaser, wheel cleaner, quick detailer, window cleaner, etc.

You may also list any other car care products that you couldn`t live without; e.*. California Water Blade, Black Again, YoSteve`s MF towel, Porter Cable Ultimate Detailing Machine, Rain-X, etc.

z4zen
01-18-2002, 09:32 PM
welcome aboard wm tiger...

Although it may kill you to use the search function, there will be much more information than just product names.

You will find that certain people prefer different products (and usually the reasons are listed). I would start by reading some of the archives and/or articles explaining how to wash, polish, wax your paint, windows, chrome, etc.

It`s certainly well worth the time.

Chuckmotor
01-18-2002, 09:38 PM
What a delightful idea! Everybody come post their favorites! I`m still working on creating my routine, but what are you using? I am probably not as expierenced as you are, thus my routine is not down pat, but I plan on using some FI-II with my PC tomorrow or the next day. I got some oxidation. What do you recomend?

iforcev8
01-18-2002, 09:42 PM
The whole website is a one stop discussion about these products...It seems like you have done some research already..but here are some of my favorites that I must have.

Meguiars Foam Applicators for Zaino

-For paint: Zaino Z1,Z5,Z2

-Carwash: Meguiars Gold Class

-Metal Polish: Mothers Metal Polish

-Interior: 303

-Tires: Anything that doesn`t fling off and gives a high gloss shine.

-Glass: Windex in the aerosol spray, with newspaper.

-Drying: Water blade, Charisma Select

-QD: Final Inspection ( which I don`t use anymore, but for birdbombs and claying its pretty good), but I really should get Z6.

-Wash Mitt: Viking Chenille

-Leather: 303

-Interior odors: Febreeze Long Lasting, to spray on carpetted areas.

-I also have about 80 Terry Cloth towels, 100% USA cotten for removing Zaino, and QDing.

-2 NicSand MF towels, I use to use on my paint, now will be used for door jambs, and other low priority areas.

rockymountaindetail
01-18-2002, 09:51 PM
I think you two (2) above missed my purpose. I was attempting to create a discussion for the archives on peoples favorites products to help newbies find out what care care products our experts here recommend...

I`ve already used the search feature and with my detailing experience I`ve discovered car care products that I have a preference for.

I get the feeling you two (2) felt I was cheating and trying to get others recommendations for my selfish purposes. That isn`t the case at all as I`m quite familar with the hoards of car care products out there as this isn`t the only detailing forum on the internet.

William420
01-18-2002, 09:56 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

I`ve already used the search feature and with my detailing experience I`ve discovered car care products that I have a preference for.</blockquote>

WM Tiger,

As a start, can you list out your preferred car care products from your detailing experience ? Thanks! :up

iforcev8
01-18-2002, 10:03 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by wm tiger [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I think you two (2) above missed my purpose. I was attempting to create a discussion for the archives on peoples favorites products to help newbies find out what care care products our experts here recommend...

I`ve already used the search feature and with my detailing experience I`ve discovered car care products that I have a preference for.

I get the feeling you two (2) felt I was cheating and trying to get others recommendations for my selfish purposes. That isn`t the case at all as I`m quite familar with the hoards of car care products out there as this isn`t the only detailing forum on the internet. [/b]</blockquote>
I just thought you were a lazy newbie....:D j/k

I feel this whole forum is about finding favorite products, and I doubt it can be contained in a single thread, just too many favorite products from a lot of experts ( the never ending Zaino vs Klasse, and now Blackfire debates ). One might spend hundreds of dollars on supplies, but others feel they do fine with just the bare minimum. Maybe we can start a massive poll, several threads, each on a different product, and you can post the results in one thread. That would create the ``One Stop`` thread you are looking for.

rockymountaindetail
01-18-2002, 10:24 PM
No problem William...

I`m a converted Zaino user (claybar, z7, z6, z5, z3, zfx) who formerly use to use the Zymol Cleaner Wax you found in most WalMarts. I enjoy the longevity of Zaino though there are unquestionably other waxes that give you a better depth of shine. With the testing I`ve read at this forum, I may experiment with a topper on Zaino to give it the wet look instead of the mirror finish I currently receive...

Rain-X works wonders at speeds of 30+ mph, since using it the first time I don`t think I`ve ever used my front wipers on the freeway... Another product I love is the California Water Blade, saves me about ten (10) minutes drying my vehicle. After using the Water Blade after a wash, I only need to use one (1) towel to dry the remainder of the vehicle, previously I`d need about three (3).

I actually use Pledge (yes, that Pledge) on my dash, it was highly recommended by those at the Corvette Forum. I`m pretty happy with it and there isn`t a better smell than Lemon Pledge... I protect my leather interior with Meguiar`s Leather Cleaner and Conditioner; I`m pretty sure that is what its called. It suits my needs real well and smells nice though when I run out I`m probably switching to something else...

As far as wheel dressings, I`ve yet to find any that last. I`ve tried most everything, I`m guessing my expectations are too high...

Something I just recently started to do is detail my engine compartment. I can`t think of the name, something Green All-Purpose Cleaner. After one (1) time detailing my engine compartment, it looks far better than I ever imagined it could...

Through the advice of Sal, I use 100% cotton Fieldcrest towels for drying and removing wax.

imported_BretFraz
01-18-2002, 10:29 PM
I would imagine the Member Polls section covers alot of these questions.

As far as developing a user list for archival purposes, perhaps its something the Autopia Council could discuss and implement.

rockymountaindetail
01-18-2002, 10:31 PM
One last addition, I also use the Simple Green (thats the name) All-Purpose Cleaner on my wheels and wheel wells; I`d highly recommend it for those purposes.

Jngrbrdman
01-18-2002, 10:37 PM
There are a lot of things that I couldn`t live without. I`ll try listing them.

California Water Blade

The Absorber

CD-2 Engine Detailer

Klasse AIO and SG

Pinnacle Paste Glaz

Ozium new car smell <---If you haven`t tried it you have to get some. :)

GS27 scratch remover

I think those are the things I can`t live without. I have all that in my trunk and I am going to make a duplicate kit and put it in my wife`s trunk so I`m never without it. There are a dozen other things I love to use but that list is the survival kit for me. I can live with dirty tires but I can`t live with a dull engine. :)

jkochis
01-18-2002, 11:31 PM
Lose the Pledge...I`ve seen Baby Oil recommended on some forums. Doesnt mean its good.

Lemonxxs
01-18-2002, 11:50 PM
Too many great products out there to list.

but Pledge??? doesn`t it have the ugly silicone in it? Why not use a 303 or since you like Zaino use his Leather in a bottle for the dash?

db2
01-19-2002, 12:51 AM
here are my weapons of choice:

wash= meguiars gold class

sealant=klasse all in one and high gloss sealant

glass=stoners invisible glass

QD=meguiars final inspection

leather conditioner=connolly hide food

leather cleaner=lexol

vinyl and rubber=303

upholstry cleaner=3M

australian sheepskin wash mitt

watersprite synthetic chamios

Andre&#39;
01-19-2002, 01:01 AM
Yes lose the Pledge, try 303 Aerospace protectant, or Vinylex.

Technique is key not just the products.