PDA

View Full Version : BIG KAHUNA 2 Winner to be announced Tuesday AM.

Pages : [1] 2 3

rsunnafrank
01-16-2002, 07:34 AM
Hi guys,

I`ve been reading this board for a few days solid now trying to work out whats the best product to use. As with a lot of other newbies around here though, I keep finding contradicting info which just confuses me more! :(

Firstly I should point out that i`m in the UK, so obtaining some of the products isn`t easy.

Basically I`ve been using Zymol (HD-Cleanse with Titanium Wax) up until now, but wanted to try Zaino as it seemed to offer a better shine, which was easier to apply and lasted longer! Wonderful! :)

I thought I`d just stick with that, but now I keep seeing more and more people on here using a combination of products to increase the shine further.

The car which I am buying this all for is going to be new, and isn`t going to be a daily driver. However, without a garage, it will be subjected to the weather quite a lot.

Is Zaino all I need - I have purchased the Z1, 2, 5, 7 and 18 products? Is there anything else you guys would recommend? I notice some people add carnauba over things like Klasse. Would there be any benefit of adding the Zymol Titanium I have over the Zaino finish? Or should I look at getting a different carnauba wax? Or not bothering at all!?

How about prep work? Its a new car, with a new paint finish, so I hope it won`t need any (or too much) swirl removal. Will I be fine just claying the car and then going straight in with the Z1?

Sorry if this all seems like the same old questions, I just keep seeing so much different information I wanted to try and get an answer in one place! :p

Thanks for the help guys!

-andy-

Lemonxxs
01-16-2002, 10:26 AM
I would inspect the finish to see if the dealer imparted some swirls when they deliver it to you.

I would feel the paint with your hand in a plastic baggy...If you fell bumps then I woulkd clay.

Other than that you seem to have enough Z stuff.

As for a topper some have tried and there were a few threads. But most do not top Z since it would have to be removed if you plan on applying more Z. Try it first without the topper. Drive it and look at it for a few weeks..Then try experimenting. I would love to here the results if you chose to apply a topper.

Good luck!

JimO
01-16-2002, 11:51 AM
sixspeed,

Don`t forget to add Z6 which is a QD that is required in between coats. I just mailed my order for a Zaino kit earlier this kit.

Don2000g
01-17-2002, 11:39 PM
You really don`t need to use a carnauba over Zaino. In fact, it will prevent or hinder future Z coats over it. Now for Klasse, that is a different story. Most here love to top a carnauba coat over Klasse. Laters

Jack Kruer
09-27-2010, 04:21 PM
We are about done counting the totals for everyone that participated in our Big Kahuna 2 Contest. WOW!!! You people are amazing. We will be finished by tomorrow and announce the winners in the morning. (There is still time to tender a bribe? :devil:) Thanks to everyone for contributing.

jk

imported_Dubbin1
09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
(There is still time to tender a bribe? :devil:)

I have some really good dirt on Dana that I would trade for a win :D

j/k Dana I promise I wont tell

BigAl3
09-27-2010, 04:54 PM
jack, thanks for the opportunity to participate in this and props to you and the rest of the PAC crew for having this very cool contest... :)

drdetail
09-27-2010, 05:38 PM
clouds

cool:)

can`t wait. i doubt i stand a chance with the postaholics on here:) Hope luck swings on my side.

congrats everyone who wins and didn`t. you all deserve it.

grungy
09-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks for allowing the insanity - even clouds - on the forums the last week! @-)@-)@-)

imported_wendell jarvis
09-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Tuesday is my favorite day of the week.......Yeah !!

bmw5541
09-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Jack,
I think that I have expressed to you many times, how much I enjoy this contest. It generates a lot of excitement, some great posts (and some not so great....sorry Corey and Wendell:devil:_). Just kidding. I know that I have made some new friends because of this contest.

Thanks again Jack and all at PAC for this great contest. This is what seperates you guys from all others.

imported_wendell jarvis
09-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Jack,
I think that I have expressed to you many times, how much I enjoy this contest. It generates a lot of excitement, some great posts (and some not so great....sorry Corey and Wendell:devil:_). Just kidding. I know that I have made some new friends because of this contest.

Thanks again Jack and all at PAC for this great contest. This is what seperates you guys from all others.

Wow, Nice final attempt there Barry.......trying to squeeze one more ticket in? Just kidding...we gotta have fun....life is too serious enough.......need a napkin? For your nose....there is something brown on it..........lol......again just kidding

bmw5541
09-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Wow, Nice final attempt there Barry.......trying to squeeze one more ticket in? Just kidding...we gotta have fun....life is too serious enough.......need a napkin? For your nose....there is something brown on it..........lol......again just kidding

I know that you are just kidding Wendell, and I know that we have both had a great time with this. I am being 100% sincere about everything that I have said. I was here for the Big Kahuna 1 and it was shortly after I became a member here at TID. I was a regular on another forum, and after that contest TID became my home. I truly hope that the way BK1 got me hooked to TID, BK2 will do the same for many others.

BTW, not nice about that something on your nose comment:biggrin:

imported_Flash Gordon
09-27-2010, 08:33 PM
My Birthday is Friday :-B

bmw5541
09-27-2010, 08:37 PM
My Birthday is Friday :-B

Does that mean that we have to let you win flash? If it can`t be me, I hope you win my friend.
:happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happy bday::happybday::bday cake::bday cake::bday cake::bday cake::bday cake::bday cake::bday cake:

I will be sure to give you a proper B-day wish on Friday.