PDA

View Full Version : Clear Bras

Pages : [1] 2

db2
01-14-2002, 10:41 PM
I have a light gray interior that has leathernette and real leather inserts, I bought lexol leather cleaner to clean the inserts if they ever get dirty. My question is can i use Lexol to clean the leathernette and vinyl as well?

Lemonxxs
01-14-2002, 10:42 PM
Sure. It is mild stuff!

imported_killerjg
01-15-2002, 12:34 AM
Used it, will work well for you. I just switch to Eagle One 1s cleaner like this a lot too.

Don2000g
01-16-2002, 02:30 AM
Lexol will work fine on those areas. I must admit that I really like the Eagle One leather conditioner and cleaner. Great prices on some real good products in my opinion. And what`s not to like about the conditioner`s scent. Its awesome!

db2
01-16-2002, 02:34 AM
reasons why you guys like EO cleaner better, I agree i like some of the stuff EO makes as long as it does not have TEFLON in it.

01-16-2002, 02:34 AM
hey don, what does it smell like? I want a leather conditioner that will make my car smell new again! Ive heard conolly hide food makes you car smell like new leather, but not sure...

01-16-2002, 02:36 AM
JINX C240, we posted at exactly the same time! lol.

db2
01-16-2002, 02:37 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AlBoston [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>hey don, what does it smell like? I want a leather conditioner that will make my car smell new again! Ive heard conolly hide food makes you car smell like new leather, but not sure... [/b]</blockquote>thats what i use my MB dealer swears by hide food and it gives the cabin that leather smell. but they told me to only use it on the leather inserts not the leathernette

C. Charles Hahn
01-16-2002, 05:44 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AlBoston [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>hey don, what does it smell like? I want a leather conditioner that will make my car smell new again! Ive heard conolly hide food makes you car smell like new leather, but not sure... [/b]</blockquote>
Zaino`s leather conditioner (Z-16 I think?) smells wonderful..... I use it on all surfaces of the interior, including plastic and vinyl and it works great...... good luster level, great smell, just incredible stuff....

I used it on my mom`s car with no leather inside it whatsoever once when I detailed it for her, and when she got in it the next time she wondered why the car smelled like a leather interior!

imported_Intermezzo
01-16-2002, 05:56 PM
I`m not Don, but I`ve used E1 Leather cleaner and conditioner and it works great. I`d say that although E1`s leather conditioner smells nice, it`s not very strong, like Hide Food or Zaino. It left a slight leathery scent, but it didn`t seem to last very long for me, which is how I prefer it. But I loved the way it made my seats look and feel (soft with no oily feel). Also, the E1 cleaner works well with a minimum of fuss.

01-16-2002, 07:57 PM
does zaino leather conditioner smell like leather? Explain about EO Intermezzo. Where can I get it?

Lemonxxs
01-16-2002, 07:58 PM
To me Z leather in a bottle smells like a new car with leather seats. Not exactly like leather but that new leather interior car smell.

C. Charles Hahn
01-16-2002, 08:09 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>To me Z leather in a bottle smells like a new car with leather seats. Not exactly like leather but that new leather interior car smell. [/b]</blockquote>
exactly..... to me it makes a car without leather smell like it has leather, in a car with leather, it smells like I just walked into someplace they sell leather coats, purses, etc.

also Z leather in a bottle seems to last in smell and look quality compaired to some others I`ve used (such as lexol)...... also for cleaning something I`ve used before with some degree of success is Murphy`s oil soap mixed with water...... use a damp washcloth soaked in the stuff kinda, wring it out, and it does a wonderful job cleaning everything out...... I even use a foam applicator I got from Meguiars to push the product into seams/etc. just wait about 10 minutes for the stuff to dry after you`ve wiped everything down and rinsed with a plain water washcloth, and you can apply the Z16.

01-16-2002, 08:36 PM
can you compare the smell with leatherique? People say that leatherique leaves a leather smell, but i dont think it does. Any comments?

Lemonxxs
01-16-2002, 08:48 PM
Leatherique does not smell like leather too me. I used some on a leather recliner and now the dog will not go near it...

I think leatherique smells funky but that is me

Z smells better!