PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Tech Crimson pad

Pages : [1] 2

Brad B
01-14-2002, 02:39 PM
For what it`s worth, this review was submitted by someone on the NSX forum.

Happy reading.

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html (`http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html`)

Michael H
01-14-2002, 03:38 PM
The methodology used could have been a little better. Not really that fair to compare a non-cleaning wax (Zymol NSX) to say a polish! It is not surprising that a wax which does not contain cleaners or abrasives does not get the paint as smooth as those that do.

imported_Intel486
01-16-2002, 12:32 AM
Yhea, I agree that the test wasn`t done that well. Guess they don`t know that much about the different kinds of wax.

Don2000g
01-16-2002, 03:03 AM
All of you are correct. However, it does share some light on how the average Joe sees car care products including waxes and polishes. They don`t see much need to categorize different products or to designate individual products for different tasks.

imported_Intel486
01-16-2002, 05:13 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Don2000* [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>All of you are correct. However, it does share some light on how the average Joe sees car care products including waxes and polishes. They don`t see much need to categorize different products or to designate individual products for different tasks. [/b]</blockquote>
And it goes to show you that the average joe shouldn`t do a wax showdown

Don2000g
01-16-2002, 11:59 PM
Certainly can`t argue with that logic.

8ball
01-17-2002, 12:24 AM
I agree with all the comments above, but it was interesting reading, a nice effort, and kind of a nice affirmation for the $135 I spent today replenishing my Zaino supplies. I love that stuff!

gmck
09-25-2010, 06:16 AM
Hi

My first post here.

I usually like to finish down after using M105/M205 with P085RD first on a LC green and then black/gray pad.

My last PAC order included a Crimson Hydro-Tech pad which I thought I could experiment with to use as a finishing pad. However since receiving it, I gather it is more for applying waxes and sealants and I probably should have purchased a tangerine pad.

What puzzles me is that the foam feels and looks more like a polishing pad. As I don`t have either a Cyan or Tangerine pad to compare to the Crimson could someone explain how this Crimson pad works. Could it by used with P085RD, even though according to what I`ve read it doesn`t have any cut? Sure looks like it would cut though as compared to the standard LC pads.

Does anyone know why LC don`t appear to have information of their website re these Hydro Tech pads.

imported_Bunky
09-25-2010, 06:26 AM
Lake Country`s web site is outdated. They updated a while back but still outdated or maybe the better word is incomplete. Your best info comes from places like TID plus you get end user experience.

Todd has some reviews here with the red pad. I agree the red pad feels coarse and stiff compared to non-HT foam black and red/blue pads.

gmck
09-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Bunky

Thanks. Their website is ok for their new 1-pad, but nothing on the Hydro-Tech. Found the review, but it didn`t cover the Hydro-Tech.

So have you or anyone else used the crimson with 85RD?

bmw5541
09-25-2010, 07:09 AM
As far as I knew the crimson pad was a finishing pad and you can use it to finish down with PO85RD. I don`t think that it intended for glazes and sealants.

imported_Bunky
09-25-2010, 07:09 AM
Did you see this review? I have not used them yet with PO85RD.

http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3771

CEE DOG
09-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Crimson can be used for jeweling/Finishing polish (85RD for me).
A fresh crimson pad can be used for your lsp as well.

I have used the crimson with 85RD. It worked wonderfully! I used to finish with grey LC & 85RD. I`m pretty sure the crimson is going to take the place of that most times for me.

Heres a general idea of the HT Pads in my opinion.
Correct: Cyan &/or Tangerine
Polish: Tangerine
Jeweling/Finishing: Crimson
LSP: Crimson (I don`t use the crimson for LSP personally)
I use the blue LC pad for that.

Todd@RUPES
09-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Crimson can be used for jeweling/Finishing polish (85RD for me).
A fresh crimson pad can be used for your lsp as well.

I have used the crimson with 85RD. It worked wonderfully! I used to finish with grey LC & 85RD. I`m pretty sure the crimson is going to take the place of that most times for me.

Heres a general idea of the HT Pads in my opinion.
Correct: Cyan &/or Tangerine
Polish: Tangerine
Jeweling/Finishing: Crimson
LSP: Crimson (I don`t use the crimson for LSP personally)
I use the blue LC pad for that.

I should add (at least in my personal experience) that on some very rare occasions I have found the Black pad to finish a little better. How rare, one time, which isn`t enough to make any judgment but rather an interesting observation.

gmck
09-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys.

I`ll give the crimson pad and 85rd a test today.