PDA

View Full Version : m105 removal hints?

Pages : [1] 2

db2
01-12-2002, 07:41 PM
what way is better to clean wheels?

1. fill a 32 ounce spray bottle with car wash soap and water and spray them and wipe them down?

or

2.have a bucket full of the same sollution and wipe them down?

Lemonxxs
01-12-2002, 08:27 PM
Clean them first with a separate mitt and/or burshes

I actually first clean the tires with a tire cleaner then hose etc then I go back and cleanall the wheels...

I have a wide variety of brushes and mitted gadget thingys to get in them tight spots..

imported_Brad
01-12-2002, 09:11 PM
Either way sounds fine. Car shampoo is mild and very safe. You don`t mention rinsing. I assume you pre-rinse and flush out afterwards with clean water. Don`t let any cleaners sit on the wheels too long.

I use a sponge for the outside and a foam-ended bottle brush for the insides. My Audi puts out so much dust I have to clean the wheels twice a week. I have it down to about 2 minutes a wheel, tops.

Lemonxxs
01-12-2002, 09:18 PM
2 mins dayum...

It takes me like 10 -15 minutes a wheel on my truck including the tires. Takes me longer to do all 4 tires and wheels than the rest of the truck. I despise cleaning them too Knuckle busters!

honda2112
09-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Does anyone have any tips on removing m105? I`ve done 2 cars now using it and it is a bear to get off. I try it in small sections then remove right away while still wet-ish. I know it`s a serious product and is rather thick and supposed to be difficult but man, my arms are killing me. Any help would be very much appreciated.

bmw5541
09-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Prime the pad very well, and wipe off excess with MF. Then add three dime size dots of polish. Spread over a small area of about 2 x 2 and work till you achieve desired results. I had the same problem. You just have to decrease the size of the area you are working on.

You can also try misting either water or M34 while polishing.

imported_richy
09-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Are you working it long enough? I have found it very easy to remove. I use it with a rotary and usually a wool pad or an orange LCC one.

Edit: The only time I had a problem was on an Infiniti with that stupid soft clear.

TerryAdams
09-22-2010, 11:17 PM
I use an ONR mix to remove 105 after a section, if it`s "sticky". Then I dry off the section to see my results. Helps in removing 105 power left behind too. 105 is great, but can be a bear to work with, at times.

honda2112
09-23-2010, 08:39 AM
I was doing about a 3`x3` area with a LC purple wool pad or a cyan, maybe it`s the cyan? I`ve been following tips from Eric at Tru Shine, maybe I should try more misting. I`ll see next week how that goes. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Tru_Shine
09-23-2010, 11:05 AM
I always work it until it almost disappears. I know it doesn`t diminish but it still clears up a lot. When I first started using it. I had the drying problems, but once you learn the learning curve its the greatest thing. it finished so good and cuts so well

Tru_Shine
09-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I was doing about a 3`x3` area with a LC purple wool pad or a cyan, maybe it`s the cyan? I`ve been following tips from Eric at Tru Shine, maybe I should try more misting. I`ll see next week how that goes. Thanks everyone for the advice.

3x3 might be ok, but any bigger and it will dry up on you. I am not a big fan of "Misting" especially with ONR. When you are correcting paint. you dont want any "protection" on it and ONR does add protection. and the water will cause it to be hazey when finished. I just prime the pad very well (KBM) and then work a nice 2x2 and work it until is disappears. then the next section only needs about 3 to 4 small dots of product.

I posted a Video where I did a 50/50 B&A on the trunk of that 06 viper. you can watch it and see how long I work an area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SZWoQVJOxk

honda2112
09-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks man, that vid really gave me a better perspective. You worked it like twice as long as I had on the wifes car, with good pressure too I see. I see my error now. Thanks again.

imported_RaskyR1
09-23-2010, 04:28 PM
3` x 3` is a pretty big area IMO unless you are on a rotary. I`d say reduce your work area to 12" x 12" once just to see how that works for you. If all is well, increase to a size that is larger but not so large that it starts to give you any problems.

imported_Bunky
09-23-2010, 06:57 PM
I always work it until it almost disappears. I know it doesn`t diminish but it still clears up a lot. When I first started using it. I had the drying problems, but once you learn the learning curve its the greatest thing. it finished so good and cuts so well

This was my experience also.

honda2112
09-27-2010, 10:11 AM
I actually just thought of the speed used for the m105, Meg`s says 1500 rpm but I think my PC starts at 2500 rpm. Is this too much or should I step it up as I go with a section?