PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_doug
01-12-2002, 12:06 PM
I have been really enjoying Souveran, as y`all know. Just washed my car. It didn`t need wax, but I couldn`t help myself. As a testimony, I timed myself. I did the entire car above the belt line, by hand - on AND off - in 12 minutes. This was at my normal pace - I wasn`t trying to go fast (although I wasn`t trying to be super-careful either.) Still, I don`t think I could do it nearly that fast with any other product I`ve tried. THAT is what makes Souveran so great.

HOWEVER I need to report one drawback that I haven`t mentioned before - it does leave white residue. I have little tiny pits in my paint, especially on the hood, from gravel strikes. They never used to show. After several applications of souveran, they are now bright white. This is very hard to get rid of. I have tried denatured alcohol and a little modeling brush with the bristles cut down to about 1mm. The brush is still pretty soft - but I am not convinced the denatured alcohol is the right stuff. I tried this on several spots with only limited success. I think somebody suggested isopropyl - I`ll try that too, also open to other suggestions.

Washing the car did give me the opportunity to shoot this pic:

http://www.funcarsonline.com/guestimages/big_bro_lil_bro_rear_640.jpg

By the way, I promise to paint the inside of the model`s exhaust tips with flat black - it took this photo for me to see I shoulda done that. Also, I ordered some decal paper for the inkjet printer - when it comes I`ll try to do the Turbo logo for the back.

imported_killerjg
01-12-2002, 12:18 PM
Hey carguy, you been laying low? Love that model, makes me think of Austin!

rstype
01-12-2002, 12:19 PM
I`ve been enjoying Souveran too and agree with its ease of use. But you gotta try Paste Glaz on a light colored car :D ... just wipe on and wipe off. I`m guessing it would take about 8 minutes on your 966 with the same pace.

As with the pitting, I haven`t noticed it, but then of course I haven`t tried Souveran on a black car yet.

Great cars, great pictures!

Lemonxxs
01-12-2002, 01:05 PM
Where is the pic????? All I get is the dreaded X in a box???

imported_killerjg
01-12-2002, 01:49 PM
It`s there.

Lemonxxs
01-12-2002, 02:00 PM
Ok it is now...

Very cool!!!!

You need to add the spoiler to the model and them bumper thingys

JasonC8301
01-12-2002, 02:12 PM
but it does have its draw backs.

My gripe about Souveran is durability, only if it was as durable as Blitz. Then comes the price. If it was around $50 I can bite the bullet, but seeing how long a can lasts, its well worth it.

I have not seen Souveran white, maybe its because of Klasse as the base coat, something that lets me wipe off the Souveran totally without leaving any residue.

Jason

imported_doug
01-12-2002, 04:55 PM
Likecars - I was out of town 12/26 --> 1/5, took until about now to get caught back up.

Guessmyname - the spoiler is there on the model - just shown in its normal, retracted position. I had the real one up so I could wash between there. The "bumperettes" (cute name doesn`t make them any less ugly) are an abomination for the U.S. thanks to DOT - european models don`t have them - I may leave them off.

Jason - I agree, Souveran is way too many $$. There was a thread a few months ago here (does anyone remember where?) about someone offering it at a pretty steep discount. The number $43 sticks in my mind but I don`t honestly remember. That deal MAY still exist. That is when I chose to buy some to try after listening to the raves on this board. I have loads left - but I may have tired of it by the time I`m ready to refill, so maybe I`ll try something else. "I can kick this habit anytime. really. ";)

vettefan67
01-12-2002, 05:28 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by carguy [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Jason - I agree, Souveran is way too many $$. There was a thread a few months ago here (does anyone remember where?) about someone offering it at a pretty steep discount. [/b]</blockquote>http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=4649 (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=4649`)

imported_killerjg
01-12-2002, 06:57 PM
GMN must be the only one with a sense of humor today. I look at that pic and can`t stop laughing.:)

Did you have to lay flat or were you sitting?

Welcome back.

imported_doug
01-12-2002, 07:21 PM
Likecars - camera was on the ground, very wide angle lens. I didn`t have to lie on the gorund because my camera`s LCD viewer flips out and up so you can view it from above. I love the Mini-me pic. That movie cracked me up.

Lemonxxs
01-12-2002, 08:30 PM
I always have a sense of humor!!!!

Mini Me Porsche I love It!!

imported_Brad
01-12-2002, 09:05 PM
Paint-in those chips and end the wax buildup problem. Black is one of the easiest to touch up! Ok, not "easy" but it often shows the best results of any color.

Beautiful cars...I`d even take the mini-version!

Clean Dean
01-12-2002, 11:35 PM
I have been thinking about trying Souveran for some time, however the $70 price tag has me scratching my head. Hey, we all obviously spend some pretty heavy dinero keeping our cars showroom style year-round, but is this wax worth it?

I wonder if a group purchase of this wax could happen, and if it would result in a decent discount.

If not I guess my curiousity will eventually get the best of me and I will hide the receipt of my Souveran purchase from my wife !;)

Carguy: Your pic is as amazing as usual !!!:up

imported_maesal
01-13-2002, 01:14 AM
What about the wing, and the bumper?

next time you gotta roll the window down on the real car too. :)