PDA

View Full Version : How many of you do this as your primary business

Pages : [1] 2

kiltman
01-11-2002, 12:38 PM
I have 1 AIO/ 3 SG on my car now. In the sun at certain angles I see swirlls.:mad: I want to get rid of them.

Question is: If I have to strip the Klasse what do I use or will the smr take care of everything?

mx5
01-11-2002, 12:43 PM
A soaking dawn wash worked for me when removing Klasse. I think the swirls may mostly be in the SG and not in your clear. Try another coat of SG on a panel.

imported_Intermezzo
01-11-2002, 01:04 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by High Noon [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I have 1 AIO/ 3 SG on my car now. In the sun at certain angles I see swirlls.:mad: I want to get rid of them.
Question is: If I have to strip the Klasse what do I use or will the smr take care of everything? [/b]</blockquote>
SMR will take care of the Klasse (or as waxman suggested, so will doing a thorough Dawn wash).

Were the swirls there before applying the SG? You might just be having a case of the `Klasse haze`. Try QDing a panel. Note the direction of the swirls before starting and try buffing in a different direction and see if the `swirls` have re-aligned themselves.

Here`s an old pic of bigboyhf`s car with the haze which he was able to get off without having to strip the Klasse.

kiltman
01-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Intermezzo330I

My swirlls are circular and you can only see them in the sunlight at angles, I don`t recall them being there when I Klassed. I`ll try what you said before I strip.

Thanks Guys:up

db2
01-11-2002, 08:58 PM
all these problems have me worried about using klasse now?

hey Intermezzo330I what wax/sealant are u going to use if u keep having problems with klasse?

kiltman
01-11-2002, 10:33 PM
I don`t think the Klasse did it. I also did my wifes car ,a 2002 Tahoe and it looks great, My car is a 98 so there is some question there

imported_Intermezzo
01-12-2002, 06:17 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by C240 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>all these problems have me worried about using klasse now?
hey Intermezzo330I what wax/sealant are u going to use if u keep having problems with klasse? [/b]</blockquote>
I`m deciding between IHG+Souveran or Z-5/ZFX.

db2
01-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Do you guys recomend using a 5 gallon instead of a 3gallon bucket?

db2
01-12-2002, 06:56 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo330I [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

I`m deciding between IHG+Souveran or Z-5/ZFX. [/b]</blockquote>keep me posted, I might go with zaino too

imported_Intermezzo
01-12-2002, 07:01 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by C240 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Do you guys recomend using a 5 gallon instead of a 3gallon bucket? [/b]</blockquote>
It`s definitely better to use a 5 gallon bucket. Dirt sedment/detritus at the bottom of your bucket will be less agitated every time you dunk your wash mitt.

eaglerider94
09-21-2010, 04:04 PM
After reading many of the posts here and how dedicated all of you are, I thought I`d ask a few questions;
1) How long did it take to successfully turn this into your primary business.
2) Who was your first customer and how did you sell your detail to them?
3) How did you expand your client base and how long did it take to attain a sufficient amount of clients to make this your primary business?
4) Do you advertise or rely on word of mouth?

bmw5541
09-21-2010, 04:49 PM
After reading many of the posts here and how dedicated all of you are, I thought I`d ask a few questions;
1) How long did it take to successfully turn this into your primary business.
2) Who was your first customer and how did you sell your detail to them?
3) How did you expand your client base and how long did it take to attain a sufficient amount of clients to make this your primary business?
4) Do you advertise or rely on word of mouth?

Technicaly, this is my primary business for now. I am unemployed at the moment, so I have tried to make a business out of this.

1) It takes quite a while to build up a good reputation, and get some good customers
2) My first customer was a father of a friend. His car was a mess, and he needed someone he could trust.
3) I had business cards printed, and made flyers and passed them around town. The best way to get new business is to have talk about your work online. Still working on getting enough business to make a living from.
4) Word of mouth only.

imported_Bunky
09-21-2010, 05:34 PM
I do not do it for money,

PAR Detailing
09-21-2010, 05:38 PM
I am a full time student in my last semester of college right now so detailing is a summer job (and weekends when I am free) I love to do it and I will always have it as a side job. I am in school to become a teacher so If I end up teaching then I will continue to detail in the summers.

imported_Flash Gordon
09-21-2010, 05:43 PM
You have 5 threads worth of questions there :-? Yes, this is what I do :-B And have been for a very long time :yawn: