PDA

View Full Version : Should Big Kahuna 2 end tonight or be extended?

Pages : [1] 2

JonB
01-11-2002, 11:53 AM
I finally got around to applying the Aquapel to my Mustang windows. A few notes:

1. I used Liquid Glass PreCleaner to remove the Zaino and Liquid Glass from all the windows. It is a very easy product to apply with a terry applicator, just like you are waxing a car. Wax on, wax off. Buffs off super easy with a terry towel.

2. I then washed the windows with Stoners and buffed them until I was sure there were no smudges or stuff that might get sealed under the Aquapel.

3. One Aquapel applicator was enough to go around the car once to get full coverage of the windows. I applied to all windows, then wiped off with a dry paper towel. It is fairly easy to buff off, but as it was drying, it became a bit more difficult as I went around the car. Maybe you should do one window then buff and proceed like that, but I was afraid that the applicator might dry out faster that way. I was able to get a thin (pushing it) second application to the front windshield before the juice ran dry. So it was good for 2 coats on windshield, one coat others. Remember, this is a convertible 2 door Mustang. Rear sides, and rear windshield are very small. Maybe I applied too much on the front windshield the first coat.....

4. Once it is buffed out....nice reflective shine. I am not sure yet, but I think it may have made some of the wiper marks and rock chips less visible. I will have to see in different lighting situations.

5. It is nice and sunny out, so I can`t comment on how the stuff actually works! But I could tell by the way it coated, that there is something definitely there. Feels dry to the touch. No slickness to it.

So there you have it.... I will update when it rains and the garage queen get caught with her pants down....

H :cool:

touhy
01-11-2002, 11:59 AM
I tried the STP Vision Blade version of it yesterday. Pretty much the same exp[erience you had except the instructions on the STP package said to let it dry before buffing

kiltman
01-11-2002, 12:27 PM
Hi Barryb,

Where did you get the vision blade version from?

Jngrbrdman
01-11-2002, 12:43 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by High Noon [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Hi Barryb,

Where did you get the vision blade version from? [/b]</blockquote>
I`ve purchased it at AutoZone before. I`m pretty sure most auto parts stores carry them.

Lemonxxs
01-11-2002, 12:45 PM
I have looked localy for the STP product for a long time to no luck....

Please tell us where you found it.

JonB
01-11-2002, 12:54 PM
I am not sure how letting it dry would work, since it sorta bubbles up on the glass as it reacts to it. When it is fully dry, it is very difficult to wipe off. The instructions that came with it (from Speedy), said to wipe it on, let it sit and bubble, (not dry) then wipe with a dry paper towel. I think the paper towel helps spread it out evenly also.

H

touhy
01-11-2002, 02:34 PM
To clarify, instructions said to let it dry 2-3 minutes.

Actually I don`t know how long I have had it laying around. I was looking for RAINX in my supplies when I found it. It could be several years old.

JonB
01-11-2002, 03:04 PM
I would say that is how long I let it dry. I applied it to all the windows, walking around the car, then dried them in the same order, so 2-3 minutes is about right, maybe a drop longer....

H

BradE
01-11-2002, 03:21 PM
bigboyhf

How was the service from Speedy? I just ordered some AquaPel from them yesterday.

JonB
01-11-2002, 03:55 PM
It came in 3 days! They did say that they had just ordered another case and they should have gotten it last week, so I imagine you will get it pretty fast. He seemed interested in getting business from our forum. Price is good and mailing was $1 per tube. I know High Noon has a group buy going on abay where the price is a dollar or two cheaper. I just ordered a couple more from there, but if and when I need more, and the group buy is done, I have no problem with the Speedy site. The owner`s name is Marv, and he seems pretty much on the ball...... If we start ordering regularly from his site, I`m sure that he will take good care of us especially if you mention you are from Autopia!

H BTW, I want to thank you SRL for turning me on to Aquapel. I think so far it as good as you said it would be!

BradE
01-11-2002, 04:04 PM
bigboyhf,

No problem, I always try to steer people twards good products. Nothing makes me more angry than buying a product and then having it preform like total crap. I though Rain-X was O.K. untill I tried Aquapel, and I now I realize that Rain-X is total junk.

I think Speedy knows that I am from Autopia, I had my order confirmation sent to my Autopia e-mail account. :) They seem like they are very reasonable in regards to pricing on most of their goods. If they can sell the Aquapel for $9.50 it goes to show ya how much these other sites are making off this stuff.

kreativ
01-11-2002, 05:18 PM
From what I`ve heard, STP VisionBlade was discontinued a while back due to a packaging method that had potential for causing injury. There was a lawsuit or something like that.

Anyways, I don`t know why they didn`t just repackage it the Aquapel way and continue to sell it.

Lemonxxs
01-12-2002, 08:03 PM
I went to Wal mart in search of a PS2 memory card which I find out are back ordered from Japan...

Well we pick up The Fast and Furious...and went to the car aisle

And lo and behold I find the STP Vision thingy on sale...I bought all 6 that they had for $3 a package...Just did my truck..Took two tubes..One for the front and the other for the sides..I could probably got the sunroof out of the front one but I did not clean so oh well....

I cleaned using Naptha in a can by 3m pretty cheap that I picked up at Wal mart... Then I cleaned again with Stoners, then with Ef... I wanted to make sure it was clean..

Stuff went on easy and off easy..Kinda funny when taking off cause it never really dried till the paper towel hit it..then it dried and I buffed out...Kinda made the glass sticky feeling..it grabbed at the towels...

I then tested with water...MAN does this stuff work...Slicker than Anything else I ever had....which is rainx zaino klasse...

The real test will be thursday when we are expecting rain again...

It pays to scour them aislessss

JonB
01-12-2002, 10:34 PM
I did the bimmer today and since I knew the one tube was not going to go all the way around, I just put 3 apps on the windshield. It is as you said..... It looks like it is not going to buff out and then all of a sudden in just clarifies when you hit it with the paper towels. Pretty cool stuff!

H

kiltman
01-12-2002, 10:51 PM
Hey if Guess my name found it at wal mart maybe its not discontinued .