PDA

View Full Version : AstonMartin DB9, Bmw 760Li , BMW 550i

Pages : [1] 2

rockafella
01-08-2002, 07:42 PM
Hello everyone

I have been reading the posts on this site for a little while now, and I can see that you guys KNOW what your talking about so I have a question.

I have a black f150 that has a few scratches on it that I would like to remove before I use Zaino or Klasse. From what I have read it doesn`t look like either product is intended to remove scratches. The scratches are light and there are not very many of them. So what do you recommend to use before the other products?

Also I think I have made up my mind to go with Zaino but does anyone have any input to sway me to either Zaino or Klasse?

Thanks in advance

Lemonxxs
01-08-2002, 07:53 PM
As for your scratches it would depend. Always start with least aggressive and work your way towards aggressive.

If they are swirls you may want to try a Swirl remover and see how that goes.

Welcome to the forum!

SuperBee364
01-08-2002, 07:57 PM
http://www.mmm.com/market/automotive/index.html (`http://www.mmm.com/market/automotive/index.html`)
3M makes some GREAT stuff. I recommend the scratch remover before applying the Zaino.

rockafella
01-08-2002, 08:03 PM
I think I will go with a light cleaner since the scratches are light. I am going to clay the truck also so should I clay it first then the cleaner then Zaino?

Langley Interior Car Kare
01-08-2002, 08:47 PM
Zaino and Klasse are really close and IMHO come down to what you like for a look....some people say shiny...some people say deepness...so thats up to you.....as far as the order...i would ...wash...clay...then use the cleaners like SMR...or FI or whatever you choose...then start with the Z system....Z7 etc...i always like to use the abrasives on as clean a car as i can get.....thats why the claying first....are u gonna dawn it???

rockafella
01-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the quick replies... I am going to use dawn to get the old wax off.

Ok now remember I am a newb at this so please be gentle but what is SMR or FI?????

Thanks

Koyaanisqatsi
01-08-2002, 08:59 PM
Swirl Mark remover and Finesse it. It should be FI2 since FI usually means final inspection as in meguiars #34. But I believe they are referring to Fineese it 2 which is a 3m product a little more aggressive than SMR.

rockafella
01-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Great thanks:)

DETAILKING
01-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Wash the car real good and clay it. Then use either PPCL or SMR to remove your swirls. Dawn wash, Z6, and zaino away.

01-09-2002, 12:57 AM
hey DK..u meant Z7 right....we both are retarded......lol:p ;) :eek:.........but like the Marshall says start with the least agressive(3M SMR) first and see how that works before FI-II....DK has the order written there perfect...:up

DETAILKING
01-09-2002, 01:09 AM
You dont have to Z7 wash after dawn. Z6 should do the trick and finish up the prep.

01-09-2002, 01:34 AM
i though that was a big no-no.....to use Z6 before any Z was ever on the car already...not sure where i read that but i know somewhere i read not to Z6 before you have at least i coat of Z5 or Z2 on there already....maybe im a nut....i always wash after dawn...just paranoid i guess...i dont like any of the dawn left on there god forbid...but i hear ya....just curious bout that Z6 thingy....:confused:

imported_memnuts
01-09-2002, 08:48 AM
DK I must disagree with the Z6 after Dawning. Z7 should be used if anything to remove any acid/alkali residue and than Z1 ,Z5,Z2 and if desired Z6 between coats of Z2 and Z5. IF MAC[H]Z is using ZFX the Z1 step can be eliminated. Remember his car is a virgin ( No Sealant ).

DK please reconsider that recommendation of Z6 after Dawning or state references.

You know you are the MAN. :D

mp5_toronto
01-09-2002, 08:58 AM
Okay, so just to be clear... :)

I could use something like Meguiars Swirl Remover #9 first, then go with the Zaino process... The harsh winters up here will likely result in the need for something stronger than Z5 to remove the fine swirls...

If not Meguiars, then what would you suggest as a mild polish before Zaino....?

Thanks

DETAILKING
01-09-2002, 09:42 AM
expecially when using Z1 precleaner just before the Z2 step on the first application. After some additional thought, if you are using ZFX, I guess a Z7 wash would be good to be sure that all residue is removed from the dawn wash being that you are skipping the Z1 step. I stick by my comment of using Z6 though. I always z6 before applying zaino to my paint......even the first time or step.