PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever play with this thing?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_fred1140
01-07-2002, 01:51 PM
does anyone know of a tire dressing that doesn`t smear when you start driving your vehicle? it doesn`t have to be very shinny, semi-glossy look is ok.

john

BradE
01-07-2002, 01:58 PM
For the product not to sling off it needs to be water based and applied properly. Clean the tire, put on your dressing using a Eagle One Tire swipe and let the product soak into the tire for about 1 hour. Then come back and buff off the excess dressing with a old towel.

Some of my favorite water based dressings are: 303 Aerospace Protectant, Zaino Z16, Eagle One Concours. These are the "factory orginal" look, not glossy.

Lemonxxs
01-07-2002, 02:49 PM
Exactly what SL said.

Sometimes another coat after the long dwell time makes am shine a bit more if that is what you like but make sure you buff off the excess.

bufferbarry
09-13-2010, 08:59 PM
I found a link to a polishing machine that just looked kinda funny. The price was real salty and was just curious if anyone has ever used it? Almost seems like one of them as seen on tv things. I would love to try it for shiits and giggles. I am no way in helll affiliated with this company either lol.

Link Removed.

imported_Flash Gordon
09-13-2010, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=bufferbarry;45222]I found a link to a polishing machine that just looked kinda funny. The price was real salty and was just curious if anyone has ever used it? Almost seems like one of them as seen on tv things. I would love to try it for shiits and giggles. I am no way in helll affiliated with this company either lol.

lol I saw this guy make a thread on another forum saying how this polisher was going to re define paint corrections...lol If you specialized in Mack trucks maybe :-B

It would make for an excellent hardwood floor sander though :-?

imported_Kevin Brown
09-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Basically a take-off on "drum" or "barrel" style polishers that are used for polishing large areas of aluminum, such as found on jet airplanes.

Good luck to them- it looks as though they gave it a heckuva shot.

Have not used one, but doubt that it eliminates swirling or hazing issues related to polishing in general. Might be fast, but man!- Watch out for them louvers on those `32 Ford hoods!

Not ready to trade in my random orbital or rotary for it just yet... :Boxing:

imported_Erik Mejia
09-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Looks like a compact version of this guy`s buffer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7LsfHJbFM0

bmw5541
09-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Put a long handle on it and use it to buff out wood floors!

imported_Flash Gordon
09-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Basically a take-off on "drum" or "barrel" style polishers that are used for polishing large areas of aluminum, such as found on jet airplanes.

Good luck to them- it looks as though they gave it a heckuva shot.

Have not used one, but doubt that it eliminates swirling or hazing issues related to polishing in general. Might be fast, but man!- Watch out for them louvers on those `32 Ford hoods!

Not ready to trade in my random orbital or rotary for it just yet... :Boxing:

You may just have the chance to use this machine. Dude is suppose to have a booth at SEMA

I just could never operate this thing. I like having a free hand to manuvere with. With this thing, you let lose and its liable to take off

Looks like a compact version of this guy`s buffer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7LsfHJbFM0

OMG..I just laughed so hard my wife came in here wanting to know what the deal was Da Rules! and to knock it down a notch Da Rules!

CEE DOG
09-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Wow, hadn`t seen that before

imported_RaskyR1
09-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Looks like you`ve found my secret to polishing Barry! :D

Tru_Shine
09-14-2010, 09:02 AM
LOL, I love that Video with moores detailing! I laugh every time I see it!

imported_Auto Concierge
09-14-2010, 09:06 AM
I always applaude someone trying to think outside the box, but how is this different from a rotary?. The pad is a cylinder that moves with a (rotary) action, and from the videos there is no speed control.

As stated for flat vertical surfaces or horizontal(FLOORS lol) it might work, the motorcycle video was interesting as is shows using this buffer in "tight" spaces which were not tight???.

Yes I watched with a chuckle the discourse between DB members and the guy spamming this machine on a recent post and shall we say it did not turn out too well.

imported_Auto Concierge
09-14-2010, 09:12 AM
I always applaude someone trying to think outside the box, but how is this different from a rotary?. The pad is a cylinder that moves with a (rotary) action, and from the videos there is no speed control.

As stated for flat vertical surfaces or horizontal(FLOORS lol) it might work, the motorcycle video was interesting as is shows using this buffer in "tight" spaces which were not tight???.

Yes I watched with a chuckle the discourse between DB members and the guy spamming this machine on a recent post and shall we say it did not turn out too well.

My bad, looked at the buffer and it does have speed control.

imported_juliom2
09-14-2010, 09:19 AM
well I guess I`ll built my own using grandmas cookie dough roler and some bounty rolls...
that thing doesn`t come cheap.......its like 6 XP or 3 9227
:scared: