PDA

View Full Version : People really irritate me! What a weekend

Altimazzz
01-07-2002, 12:03 PM
Hi Gang,

From an order placed months ago with carcareonline.com, I received a free box of P21S windshield wipes. I tried using them on the inside of my windshield at that time without much luck. I tried them again this weekend but got the same crummy results. The product went on way too thick and left major residue. I tried it immediately out of the package which left the windshield wet for a short while and after letting the liquid evaporate. Same poor results.

Has anyone had luck with these or shall I just trash them?

BTW, used the PC 7336 this weekend on the wife`s Expedition with nice results. I first put on 3M Perfect-It Glaze for dark cars with the PC then Zymol by hand. What a shine.

Thanks,

BrianE

`00 540i/6 Biarritz Blue currently with Nokian snows

`99 Expedition Toreado Red and Shiny

jkochis
01-07-2002, 12:12 PM
You would probably have better luck if you followed up with a dry cotton or microfiber towel. I know, it sorta defeats the "handiness" of the wipes, but you would get much better results.

imported_ewiesner
01-07-2002, 12:51 PM
But I too found they are terrible! I saved them to give to my enemies.

nerdhunters
01-07-2002, 10:20 PM
I tried P21S wipes and did not like the results, I am using EF Clear Vision and a Viper glass cleaning cloth. By the way, DON`T dry the Viper Glass cloth in a drier, they pick up lint like crazy. I was getting all kinds of lint form them. Now I hang them up after washing and I don`t have the lint problem.

RustyBumper
09-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Saturday my wife and I are driving to a birthday party and as we`re driving I notice that there is a white Crown Vic equipped with a push bar and blacked out tint following really closely behind us. Thinking it was a unmarked slick top police car, I checked my speed but realized I was driving the limit. I rewound my mental tape, trying to remember if I did an illegal maneuver, but drew a blank. Anyway, as we turned on to my friend`s street, which happens to be a cul-de-sac, I noticed that the car was still behind us. I parked my vehicle, hopped out and expected what I believed to be a cop to pull in behind us. Nope, he drove right past us and turned around in the cul-de-sac and proceeded to drive past us. As he`s doing this, I`m just watching him and wondering what he`s doing and unsure of what to expect. Suddenly he stops, rolls down his window and asks me what I`m staring at? I don`t say anything because I`m trying to keep my cool and praying that the Lord helps in doing so.:mad: Again he asks and I said I was just wondering why he was following me. He said he wasn`t following me and that he was just going to his friend`s house and pointed to it. I said "Ok, cool." and proceeded to walk away. As I start walking away I noticed three things. One, no cars are parked in his friend`s driveway, so why did he go in to the cul-de-sac and turn around? Two, when he rolled down the window I noticed that he had three more people in the car. Makes me wonder if he would have done that if he would have been by himself? Three, why are today`s youth so stupid? You don`t do things like that because you never know who you`re rolling up on.

So that was Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning gets better.

As my wife and I were about to get into our car to go to church, I noticed that there was something on the door. Egg yolk!! Someone had egged our car during the late evening, early morning hours. To make it worse, they egged the car on it`s east side which means that the morning rising sun baked it for a couple of hours. Luckily we have another car so I sent my wife to church and took the Sonata to the car wash. I was able to pressure wash off the yellow egg yolk but it was too late. It penetrated the clear and I know have several streaks running down the door. So now the search for a good paint shop begins. ~X(

Old Pirate
09-13-2010, 05:20 PM
I would had call the police to file a report and have my eye`s open near my house. Also my gun will be ready too because it looks like open season IMO for these dirt bags. I`m very sorry to hear this Marco, but the world is not the same anymore and one has to protect himself and his family. Don`t forget to have a camera ready in the house if you see anyone who doesn`t belong in the area that you can take pictures thru your window for the police.

imported_Flash Gordon
09-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear this Marco :(

Audiguru
09-13-2010, 09:24 PM
sorry about your sonata....we have had logos and such jacked of our 96 740iL

i hope your car will Get Well

bmw5541
09-13-2010, 09:40 PM
SOrry to hear that Marco. It is amazing what society has digressed to. You might want to have a video camera installed at your house so you can see what is going on.:Boxing:

RustyBumper
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
I would had call the police to file a report and have my eye`s open near my house. Also my gun will be ready too because it looks like open season IMO for these dirt bags. I`m very sorry to hear this Marco, but the world is not the same anymore and one has to protect himself and his family. Don`t forget to have a camera ready in the house if you see anyone who doesn`t belong in the area that you can take pictures thru your window for the police.
Thanks, Angelo. I normally don`t worry too much because we live in a quiet neighborhood, but it looks like it may be time to break out one of my weapons at night for our safety.

Sorry to hear this Marco :(
Thanks, Flash. I appreciate it. :)

sorry about your sonata....we have had logos and such jacked of our 96 740iL

i hope your car will Get Well
Thanks, Petkov. :)

SOrry to hear that Marco. It is amazing what society has digressed to. You might want to have a video camera installed at your house so you can see what is going on.:Boxing:
I`ve also thought about this. I`ll have to start doing some research on the matter. I agree with you. It is amazing and sad at the same time, how much our society has digressed.

imported_gewb
09-14-2010, 07:48 PM
What a bummer. I would be pi$$ed if that happened to Nelly, my `07 pearl white Sonata.

It really did etch the clear that badly?

Regards,
GEWB

bigpoppa
09-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear about that. With regards to some of the comments in this thread, I don`t think society has really digressed at all. Guess what? People suck. People have sucked for many millennia in the past, they suck right now, and they will continue to suck loonnngggg into the future.

Luckily, there are decent people out there, there always have been and there always will be, it just may not seem like it when something as senseless as this happens to you. No need to get yourself any more down by telling yourself that the world is turning into a terrible place, because it really isn`t.

Have you tried polishing or sanding at all? If I were you I would try some agressive sanding and polishing before contacting a body shop. At this point you really have nothing to lose, and I would rather have sorta thin clear than having to deal with a respray, TBH.

imported_Dubbin1
09-16-2010, 02:08 PM
What do you think the odds are that it was the same idiot in the white car that was following you?

bigpoppa
09-16-2010, 03:41 PM
What do you think the odds are that it was the same idiot in the white car that was following you?

I forgot to ask this. How would the clowns in the Crown Vic known where you lived?

imported_Dubbin1
09-16-2010, 04:15 PM
I forgot to ask this. How would the clowns in the Crown Vic known where you lived?

I have no idea where he lives but if its a small town then maybe they recognized him? They could have also seen him pulling out of his driveway when he left to go to his friends house.