PDA

View Full Version : what`s your guilty pleasure(s)?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

iforcev8
01-05-2002, 01:01 PM
I broke down and bought some Zaino from a local distrubutor, and I now know what all you Zaino users are talking about, but its hard to describe, I feel there is a glossyness I have never seen before, and its just the first coat of Z5.

So my question is, should I layer away with Z5 until its gone, then move onto the Z2? or can they be layered interchangably and still provide good swirl filling.

Redcar GUY
01-05-2002, 01:26 PM
This is my .02$....... I use the Z5 most of the time, I feel that is thicker and lasts longer than Z2. also adds a different shine than Z2. I still like Z2 but I think I like Z5 better..........;)

imported_RIC
01-05-2002, 01:36 PM
I am not sure about your question:

"So my question is, should I layer away with Z5 until its gone"

What "its" are you referring to?

If the "its" you are talking about are swirls and scratches I would use Z5 until they lessen to an acceptable level or are completely hidden but it is no problem switching back and forth between Z5 and Z2 either way.

If the "its" is a mixture of ZFX-Z5 that you are using right now then you can put on up to 3 coats today and forget about Z2 until another day.

Lemonxxs
01-05-2002, 02:31 PM
Get at least 3 coats of either z5 and z2 in any combination and you will be set for a long while.

I think you should play with them both and find out what you like.

Ps the Z5 should last about 10-12 coats on your truck if you do not do inside the bed with it.

imported_nihoole
01-05-2002, 02:43 PM
if you have swirls I would use the Z5 until most or all are not noticable and then you could go to Z2 and or back and forth between the two.Did you get Z wash and QD? if not you should the whole system works excellent and its all good.I have Z5 Z2 on my truck and parked under a pine tree this weekend for a day and a night when I returned the truck had sap all over it.Took it home washed with Z and QDed all the sap came right off.

iforcev8
01-05-2002, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the info, looks like I will be applying consecutive coats of Z5, then Z2. Planning on 3-5 coats of each. I do like the thickness of the Z5, and i think its thickness makes it really easy to spread and apply a thin coating over the truck.

DETAILKING
01-05-2002, 11:18 PM
Keep your eyes open....it only gets better1-2-3 weeks after and after 1-2 washes....remember I said that....you WILL SEE IT!

iforcev8
01-06-2002, 12:22 AM
I heard that from a few people, I wonder why it gets better?

ISLANDSBEST
01-06-2002, 04:48 AM
Speculation: I think the Z continues to cure. Why? Everything continues to cure. Heck, a glue continues to cure, if only a bit, after it is nominally "dry." In continuing to cure, I believe the Z "hardens up" resulting in what I call a more crystalline appearance.

Additionally, if one has applied too thick a coat, resulting in unbonded Z, this unbonded Z can cause a bit of "smeariness" that takes the edge off of the gloss. With time, Z6, and washing, any excess, unbonded Z is removed. Then, the paint looks sharper.

BigAl3
09-11-2010, 10:29 PM
lately, it`s been a candy bar (reese`s fastbreak or snickers) and a coca-cola (used to drink pepsi, but now prefer coke). luckily i am pretty active so i`m able to burn it off. it`s so darn tempting not to...

so what`s yours (could be anything)?

Tuck91
09-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Vanilla and strawberry shakes.

Been having them as much as three times a week this past month.

imported_detailchick
09-11-2010, 11:09 PM
I make and eat(healthy) vegan chocolate mousse and top it with sliced bannanas, almonds , dark chocolate shavings and coconut milk

I eat this every night for desert and go to bed completely satisfied :p:tongue::smile::smile:

Todd@RUPES
09-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Reese`s Piece`s
Reese`s Peanut Butter Cups
Reese`s Pieces Ice Cream
Reese`s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
Reese`s Peanut Butter Milk Shakes
Cookies with some type of Reese`s something in them.

imported_Luster
09-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Reese`s Piece`s
Reese`s Peanut Butter Cups
Reese`s Pieces Ice Cream
Reese`s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
Reese`s Peanut Butter Milk Shakes
Cookies with some type of Reese`s something in them.

:D:clap::D

imported_firebird
09-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Hooter`s chicken wings and Big Daddy Beers!