PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Elegance 2009 Silver Porche 911

Pages : [1] 2 3

kiltman
01-05-2002, 12:56 AM
What do you guys like better. Mf to dry car after wash or terry charisma? I was thinking about buying Big MF`s to dry with. Also thinking about trying to work a group buy with Steve from Neat Items when the big ones come.

Lemonxxs
01-05-2002, 12:59 AM
First I use the leaf blower than I follow up with High quality MFs or I will blot dry with absorber than follow up with MFs

Search DRYING by CARGUY. It was a great thread about everyones technique for drying.

ISLANDSBEST
01-05-2002, 02:07 AM
I use the blower, too. It leaves only micro-drops that can easily be wiped off with a MF towel, or, as I use, Canning Vale cotton towels (first choice), Platinum (second choice), Charima Selects (third) or regular Charismas (fourth).

Lemonxxs
01-05-2002, 02:10 AM
DARBh the king of towels......the towel expert.....Mr Charisma himself.........seriously For cotton towel questions ask DARBH!!

ISLANDSBEST
01-05-2002, 12:42 PM
LOL

Hi Guess My Name. Nice to hear from you. Nice to be back on the forum (was out of town for a week . . . I see that you have all kept the world working in my absence :) )

Ron Ketcham
01-05-2002, 12:58 PM
If I am doing in one of our shops, use the air line`s with a blow off nozzle to get the some off, but ,mainly from inside the mirrors and around the trim.

Then,

Either a synthetic chamios followed by a large MF , or a terry cloth, followed by a MF. (humm, gotta watch this "MF" thing, gets me mixed up when on some "other" forums, may use it in the wrong conitation)

Either way, any minor marring in the sealant will be easily fixed when another coat is applied, should it happen.

Ketch

:eek:

Don2000g
01-06-2002, 11:30 AM
Many here love using the Water Bandit first and then following up with a quality microfiber towel.

imported_BretFraz
01-06-2002, 11:54 AM
big blue MF`s for me. Prior to that I remove some excess water with the dreaded Calif Water Blade.

Glozz
01-06-2002, 04:18 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Don2000g [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Many here love using the Water Bandit first and then following up with a quality microfiber towel. [/b]</blockquote>
Absorber/Water Bandit then a MF followed by compressed air in all the door handles, seams and mirrors followed by yet another quick wipe with an MF.

Chuckmotor
01-06-2002, 05:07 PM
Bretfraz called the Water Blade "dreaded." I have never used one, but I have seen them and was wondering how well they work. Why are they "dreaded?" Do they cause streaks and scratches like I would presume they do?

imported_Brad
01-06-2002, 07:53 PM
WaterBlades are safe if used properly. The trick is to use the appropriate pressure and angle and be sure everything is clean, clean, clean from debris.

Glozz
01-06-2002, 08:49 PM
I agree with Brad, on high humidity days the "Water Blade" is a faster way to knock off the water. MUST BE CLEAN!

ISLANDSBEST
01-06-2002, 11:44 PM
I have a CWB. I only use it when I cannot use the blower. I ceased regular use because it marred and scratched the finish of my car -- scared me to death - but, fortunately, it turned out the marring and scratching with just in the Z, I believe. All was fine after another coat of Z5.

Lemonxxs
01-06-2002, 11:59 PM
Leaf blower !!!1

I use the water blade on glass!!!

Don2000g
01-07-2002, 09:31 AM
I remember Beau, a very respected past member here, cried and yelled after a certain Water Blade experience. He got some scratches after using it and quickly warned everyone that it could cause some scratches very easily. And this is a guy who knows how to detail. Laters