PDA

View Full Version : Does Polycharger change sealant hazing properties?

Pages : [1] 2

yonghyun
01-04-2002, 05:19 PM
i just bought a bottle of 303 protectant to use on my vinyl interior, exterior trim and as a tire dressing. my question is if 303 is just a protectant or does it clean too. for example i was using a Meguire`s vinyl product that cleaned and protected. so does the 303 do this or do i need to use a seperate cleaner?

BradE
01-04-2002, 05:21 PM
For best results use a seperate cleaner.:up

jkochis
01-04-2002, 05:31 PM
It cleans. Unless your dash is a dump it will work fine.

From the 303 website..
http://www.303products.com/techinfo/allaboutvinyl.htm (`http://www.303products.com/techinfo/allaboutvinyl.htm`)

"303 is not oily or greasy and does not attract dust. In fact, 303 treated vinyl repels dust, dirt and stains, stays cleaner longer and is much easier to clean when finally soiled. Since 303 contains a tested-safe-for-vinyl cleaner and is a
cleaner and protector combined, pre-cleaners and pre-cleaning usually are not required. "

imported_roadk
01-04-2002, 05:38 PM
if you keep up on the dash with a dry MT from time to time, the dash won`t need much and it will clean enough. but if it`s a mess, go with showroom`s suggestion.

Lemonxxs
01-04-2002, 06:11 PM
I would not consider it a cleaner say if you spilled a coke or something but for a slightly dirty interior say ... dust thingys and such I would say it is a cleaner.

For the nasties use some sort of vinyl or leather cleaner first!!!

Don2000g
01-06-2002, 10:58 AM
Guess my name is correct. It all depends on the condition of your dash. However, if you`ve used some cheap product with oils in it such as Armor All, then you SHOULD clean it with a soap/water mixture first. No sense in applying a quality product such as 303 over an oily protectant. Laters

mx5
01-07-2002, 09:51 AM
Murphy`s oil soap works great on cleaning the dash and leaves it it with a nice glow. It really gets the dirt out. I tried the spray bottle formula and you could see all of the black dirt on my rag. 303 does not clean this well.

dengelson
01-07-2002, 11:12 AM
For dealing with nasty messes like the crud in the minivan`s cupholders I like using Scott Rags in a Box. They are way more durable and absorbent than a typical paper towel. They also work very well on windows. When I use them for windows my best results have come from using two of three towels then wadding them up before buffing out the glass.

This would be a good first step if the dash you are cleaning is really cruddy. After you`ve cleaned with these then you can lay down the 303 with a foam applicator and it will keep your applicator clean longer.

<em class=`bbc`>clic pic[/i]
http://www.kcdiy.com/images/homepagewhole.jpg (`http://www.kcdiy.com/DIYHomepage.htm`)

Chuckmotor
01-07-2002, 05:35 PM
I`ve always just wiped all the vinyl with a damp cloth first to pick up any loose dirt and dust, and it always looks great after I add the 303 (what an amazing product!). Usually, a good wipe and dry before the 303 will look superb.

imported_Bunky
09-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I finally had a chance to use Polycharger (ordered back in July) with Mothers Reflections. I still like Mothers Reflections appearance wise since it has a crisp shine and some filling properties (darkens some paints). I was getting 2 to 3 months from it so wanted to see if I could improve the durability although these days I end up using spray waxes so durability can be extended for a long time.

So, I mixed up 1.5 oz and used 3 doses per the directions and applied Mothers as usual.

The interesting thing was that it did not seem to haze like the unpolycharged product. It almost acted like a wipe on / wipe off. I went ahead and waited for a while then wiped off but did not experience the usual hazing wipe off experience.

It was slick but plan to check tomorrow to see if the curing process is just longer. Reflections usually hazes quickly to a "crust" that is easily removed but know that the shine gets better over the next day.

Old Pirate
09-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Keep us posted Al on your findings.:ar!

bmw5541
09-10-2010, 07:16 PM
I am also interested in your findings.

imported_broker99
09-10-2010, 07:20 PM
I have not noticed that but I guess I never really gave it any thought. I dont really know how to describe it but I have noticed that the sealant does feel a bit "sticky" when wiping it off. That is probaly the polycharger doing its thing.

CEE DOG
09-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the info Al. I`m keeping an eye on this thread.

CosminTX
09-10-2010, 09:12 PM
i polycharge klasse and m16.
with klasse sg is very easy to remove, i think m16 went pretty well too, it was a while back when i experiment m16.