PDA

View Full Version : Finally bit the bullet; Ordered new Griot`s D/A

Pages : [1] 2 3

maxshine
01-02-2002, 01:30 PM
I bought a few Cotton Chenille Pads recently from CMA. While using one I noticed several specs of grime and figured I had wiped the wheel well, etc. So I put it aside and went back to my old Pad for the rest of that wash. I cleaned the `bad` Pad as best I could but there were still pieces (very small) of what seemed to be road grime - little black specs. If I pulled a `spec` out of the cotton and rubbed it between my fingers and it was definitely hard. When I opened a new Pad I noticed these same black specs, pulled one out of the cotton and it was the same type of particle.

Has anyone experienced this ? I plan to get some opinions here and then call CMA.

Thanks for reading.

YoSteve
01-02-2002, 02:02 PM
so it wasn`t in the cotton to begin with?

was it black and hard like sand?

what part of the country do you live in and did you just move there? It might be a cinder which we have a lot of here on Ohio roads. Very bad stuff for your paint.

always pic them out, I was going to post a thread on cinders and who has them but I guess this post is as good as any. Anyone else?

maxshine
01-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Actually my point is that they seem to have been in the Pad to begin with. These same `particles` are in a brand new Pad just out of the bag - they`re small and hard.

BradE
01-02-2002, 02:21 PM
I had a similar problem with wash mitts. One of my cotton wash mitts had little black specs in it while it was in the bag. I even washed it a few times in the washing machine to get it out but no luck. I would return them for a refund, you don`t want to be using that on your paint.

imported_Intermezzo
01-02-2002, 08:15 PM
Hmm, I have an unused Chenille wash pad from CMA as well and seem to have the same small black specks. Oh well, I`m definitely returning mine. Good thing I`ve got another wash mitt on the way. Thanks DetailKing!

Peter J. Porter
01-02-2002, 10:44 PM
Unfortunately my mitt which arrived in the mail today suffers the same exact problem, and I hope CMA sends me a replacement at no cost as this mitt cant touch my paint; wheels maybe, but definitely not my paint. Havent tried washing it yet, but looks like that hasnt helped you guys any, so I will just wait and see what CMA has to say about the problem.

Lone Wolf
01-03-2002, 11:12 PM
I ordered one before Christmas but never used it. Just opened it and the are little black specks all over..tried to wash them out but they are still there..Should we contact CMA?? Obviously they are aware of the problem..

Lone Wolf
01-04-2002, 10:49 AM
I spoke to CMA and they said to just send them the mitt back and they will give a full refund..

:) :up

DETAILKING
01-04-2002, 11:07 AM
first come first serve

maxshine
01-04-2002, 11:10 AM
DK,

Where are you ordering these from ?

Thanks

DETAILKING
01-04-2002, 11:12 AM
email me and I will give you the details and history of this buy.....

jaymz
09-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Not sure I really need this, but the prospect of more "nuts" and less time spent on paint correction, finally overcame my frugalness.

Have had a Porter cable unit for 5-6 yrs, but reviews of the new Griot`s machine convinced me to give it a shot.

Since I`m a cheap *astard, I was looking for a sale, but apparently this doesn`t happen often. Normal price seems to be $129, but then you have shipping ($16 or so) and if I buy from in-state vendor, I get hit for sales tax (SHOPNBC). Finally bought from AutoAnything with free shipping, no tax and a $10 off coupon; Net was $119. Still wish I could have done better, but that`s the best I could find.

Now, just gotta wait for it to arrive. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Jim

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/jjaymz/newmods3.jpg

Tuck91
09-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Nice truck.

bmw5541
09-10-2010, 08:35 AM
It`s is a great machine with power to spare.

You`re gonna love it.:thumbup:

imported_richy
09-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Jim...don`t sell yourself short. I, too, used to describe myself as cheap. That`s such a nasty word. Try this one on for size: PARSIMONIOUS. Has a much better ring to it, no? Almost a religious kinda sound to it. Anyway, congrats for the purchase. You`ve got an awesome truck to play with when it arrives.