PDA

View Full Version : Color of car

imported_Intel486
01-02-2002, 01:32 AM
Nex time I wax (when it gets warm enough) I`m planning on putting a few layers of wax on this time. I was thinking about trying the thing out where you put a synthetic (sp?) coat of wax on and then a few coats of Carnauba wax.

What type of Carnauba wax can I use that I can put a few layers on and not have to worry about yellowing?

Also, what`s a good synthetic wax? I was thinking abotu using 3M Liquid Show car wax. Isn`t that synthetic?

DETAILKING
01-02-2002, 11:48 AM
effect on your cars finish. carnuba is not clear and will hurt the optics. It is not a bad thing, and hardly something that you will notice, but it produces a different type of shine that the synthetics do. It`s all about preference.

As for layering, most people here use pinnacle PPG or souvernan or blitz one grand for layering over a synthetic. Basically any non abrasive formula with no cleaners. You will notice more dust pickup with a carnuba topper, but it might give that different look that you are seeking. Experiment and see if you like it. Report your results.

Chuckmotor
01-02-2002, 11:59 PM
How many layers of carnabu will cause yellowing?

vettefan67
01-03-2002, 12:02 AM
but you certainly won`t notice it after only one coat! Most people don`t notice it after even 4 coats but it depends on your eyes, the color of your car, and how accustomed to the car you are.

What color is your car? What wax are you thinking of using?

Koyaanisqatsi
01-03-2002, 12:24 AM
I wouldn`t worry too much about yellowing. I have put a half dozen coats of wax on my wifes white Nissan Pathfinder without ever noticing a yellowing. The reason that people put carnuba over synthetics is to give the shine more depth. Synthetics like klasse and zaino typically have what is known as a candy shine. Which is to say they are more reflective than deep. By putting a coat of carnuba over the synthetic you give the car a much deeper shine while still having the protection of a synthetic beneath. Most people here don`t put a wax on top of zaino since the maker of zaino does not recommend it. The optimum application of synthetic/wax of many users on this forum is 1-2 coats of klasse AIO, 3 coats of Klasse SG then the wax of your choice. I have used Blitz and 3m perfect it wax with great results. Another option would be to try out the blackfire that CMA recently released. It supposedly has the depth of a carnuba in a synthetic. Good luck.:D

Chuckmotor
01-03-2002, 12:44 AM
and I have put 2 layers of #26 without noticing any yellowing. But I also have a white car and was wondering about that. Should I only use one layer of carnabu on that?

vettefan67
01-03-2002, 12:50 AM
You shouldn`t notice any after even 4-5 layers. It will not make your car look yellow unless you put on 50+ coats (okay that`s a major guess) but very very few people notice a slight difference after a bunch of coats.

Layer away!

Chuckmotor
01-03-2002, 12:59 AM
What if the car is white? Is it still ok to layer 5 layers of carnabu?

imported_Intermezzo
01-03-2002, 01:19 AM
Yes.

JasonC8301
01-03-2002, 02:51 AM
A very keen eye and knowing you`re paint is a way you can tell the carnauba is yellowing, or giving it a slight tint.

You can also park you`re car enxt to one at the showroom and inspect at various angles to see which one looks different.

Jason

imported_Eric
01-03-2002, 07:14 AM
I`ve used that product to compare with the #26. In my opinion it looks no better than the #26 and does not hold up as well. If you are going to use the #26- I would start with that and layer with it. Then you are sure the products are compatable.

imported_wendell jarvis
09-09-2010, 10:00 AM
what is your favorite color car

imported_RaskyR1
09-09-2010, 10:33 AM
what is your favorite color car

Wendell, I don`t think I`ve ever seen you post so much before! :D

I really like bright colors with metallic and pearl in them. A color that when polished to perfection just scream look at me! Honestly I like so many it`s hard to name just one.

Fuji Blue Pearl (Civic Si), Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Vette), Atomic Orange Metallic (Vette), Candy apple red (See Pats `67 Nova) ! I also really like the blue on the VW R32`s

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Raskyr1/R32/IMG_2171.jpg

Black is always great when polished up too! ;)

CEE DOG
09-09-2010, 10:36 AM
It depends on what color the car wants to be. I love the perfect blue. Black looks great especially on certain cars. I would have never gotten a red sports car but when I saw Sky in Chili Pepper Red that was the only color she ever wanted to be!

Tuck91
09-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Silver metallic