PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Weekend Warrior

Pages : [1] 2

Redcar GUY
12-28-2001, 11:39 PM
What Wheel cleaner do you like the best? What have you tried and were not that happy with. I will be using it on my daily driver, A saturn so the wheels/hubcaps do get dirty..... and Safe enough to use on the SS wheels that dont get that dirty:)

Also do you use it on the Tires too? If not what do you use?

THX!

William420
12-28-2001, 11:57 PM
Didn`t try a great number of products. I`ve been using Griot`s wheel cleaner and did a descent job. Then I got a hold of Sonus which came with BF Kit. It`s more slippery than Griots and form more suds, and seems to clean up brake dusts better, so it`s my favorite now unless I find something better later.

JasonC8301
12-29-2001, 12:04 AM
Eimann Fabrik High Intensity All Purpose Cleaner gets my vote.

IT can be used full strength to clean the Saturn wheels and diluted to be used on the SS wheels.

Its a very nice tire cleaner, cleans better than the EO tire cleaner.

Only $20 a gallon??

Jason

kiltman
12-29-2001, 12:16 AM
The sonus did a nice job on the brake dust ,which has been there at least a month on the beater. The other cars I can`t tell a difference ,they are always detailed, very little brake dust on them.

Koyaanisqatsi
12-29-2001, 12:43 AM
I use either Klasse Sg or z-2 on my wheels and they always clean off real easy with soap and water. I don`t use any harsh cleaners on my wheels. You should try it. AIO then a couple of coats of SG on clear coated wheels works great. So does a cleaner then a coat of z-1, z-2.

imported_Brad
12-29-2001, 12:46 AM
Einmann Fabrik cleaner hands down!:up

imported_Jon P. Nusbaum
12-29-2001, 07:32 AM
I seem to be the only person that has ever used it. I never hear about it on this board. It`s from CMA. I spray it on and can just see the brown crap forming a pool on my driveway from the tires and wheels. I wish i had some Hi-Intensity to compare it to, but Amazing Roll Off works well for me.:up

JonB
12-29-2001, 08:55 AM
I use Amazing Roll Off with excellent results as well. I do find that if I AIO the wheels, all I need is some car wash and I use my lambs wool mitt. I only use the chenille mitt on the paint now.... But when there is extra dirt or I want to refresh the tire coating, I use Amazing Roll Off...a good product!

H

Lowejackson
12-29-2001, 01:20 PM
I use either P21S or Autoglym Wheel Cleaner. Dont like the smell of Autoglym but it cleans very well, can also be watered down if the wheels are not to dirty. For pics see http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=5348 (`http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=5348`)

Steven
Alfa 164

BradE
12-29-2001, 01:55 PM
Eimann Fabrik High Intensity gets my vote. No frills product, just does the job well. And as Jason metioned it very versatile so for $20/gallon it`s a good value. :up

Ron Ketcham
12-29-2001, 02:01 PM
Have you tried Saturn`s wheel cleaner?

Their wheel engineering group and Saturn`s wheel supplier tested and approved it to clean and not damage their wheels.

It is available through Saturn dealers, they even have a little kit of products available in a carry tote, all tested and approved by the Saturn/GM engineering sections.

Ketch

:up

Laird Sparks
12-29-2001, 03:28 PM
Eimann Hi-Itensity

KR CoolShine
12-29-2001, 03:56 PM
EF HI

then

Klasse AIO

then

Klasse SG

After that, regular wash with a separate mitt.

imported_roadk
12-29-2001, 06:04 PM
no question for me as well.

EF Hi, 50/50

YoSteve
12-29-2001, 08:47 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by michaelb [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>EF HI
then
Klasse AIO
then