PDA

View Full Version : Advice on `63 Corvette (dreaming)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

imported_BretFraz
12-28-2001, 09:57 PM
After washing the car today I started going thru all the products and tools I have in my garage that are specifically for car detailing. I knew I had lots of stuff, many products that I wasn`t using regularly, but even I was suprised at the variety and number of different products.

Even after a little purging I still have 49 products made by 16 vendors. Now some of this are multiple products, like the 5 bottles of Eagle One Wipe & Shine. Turns out that of the 49 products I have, 20 are made by Eagle One (Disclosure: Much of what I have from E1 I received as samples at No Charge).

I was suprised that I have only one Meguiar`s product - #34 Final Inspection. And that`s almost gone.

Product brands on my shelves:

Eagle One

Meguiars

3M

P21S

Liquitech (aka Finish First)

Sprayway

Stoners

NAPA

Blackfire

Griots Garage

Autoglym

Hi Temp

Pinnacle

Sonus

Summit Ind (Black Again & Vinylex)

Unelko (Rain X)

Everything from 2 oz. sample size to one gallon jugs.

Do any of you have a huge number of varying products, or do most of you find a couple brands and stick to them?

jps
12-28-2001, 10:05 PM
Ha! Ditto for me, and I`m afraid to add up the cost of all the stuff I will probably never again use.

dtraylor
12-28-2001, 11:50 PM
I did a quick count of my little box of stuff that I keep here in my room (so it dont freeze) and I came up with about 30 products, Meguiars, Mothers, Eagle 1, and some others. I have 2 big bags of terry towels, and I still find piles of them laying around my room and other places :D

Redcar GUY
12-29-2001, 12:13 AM
I wasnt going to post this pic, becouse I have been posting a ton of them Lately but, a pic is worth a thousand words!!

As you can see this is in my old garage...... I have cleaned house now... but most was just replace with somthing elseLOL

12-29-2001, 12:47 AM
haha, why do you have that lousy mopar super clean. Yea I can see it!

Redcar GUY
12-29-2001, 11:24 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AlBoston [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>haha, why do you have that lousy mopar super clean. Yea I can see it! [/b]</blockquote>
I won it as a door prize at a car show last summer:)

It works good on "Other peoples cars" LOL:)

nerdhunters
12-29-2001, 11:49 AM
Keep all your stuff, you need "throwdown" products. You see there are a couple kids of neighbors: ones who ask what they should buy to get their car looking great ( I spend time showing them), and ones who want to "borrow" my products. So if they want a feebie, they get Armorall, Turtlewax, and Nucar smell ! All the suff I have sitting around and don`t use!

Don2000g
01-01-2002, 10:49 AM
I don`t believe that one can have too many car care products. No, perhaps you just need more cars to work on.

mrtonyn
01-14-2002, 02:47 AM
Well me too. I will post mine at the ABAY section. First come first serve.

Clean Dean
01-14-2002, 03:28 AM
If I detailed my cars everyday for the next 20 years I couldn`t even use all of the products I have...:D

imported_JeffBruce
01-14-2002, 08:03 AM
When the wife look and see`s all that stuff.....But honey I can use it on the inside of the house too....that holds her for a while...

imported_Intel486
01-14-2002, 06:22 PM
I don`t seem to ever use up products. I think the only thing I actually use up are QD sprays. Maybe because I use them so much. Stupid Birds :D

Steve @ Guru
01-14-2002, 07:57 PM
I win...

http://www.threestrategies.com/images/shelf1.jpg
http://www.threestrategies.com/images/shelf2.jpg

Plus some 3M stuff that`s in the house still.

imported_BretFraz
01-14-2002, 08:25 PM
NO WAYYY!!!

Wow, that`s a lot more than I have. Talk about being put on the trailer.....

I need to order some stuff right now!!!

Lemonxxs
01-14-2002, 08:50 PM
geek you need to reinforce them shelves they are bending due to the wait of all them products.

I am embarrassed at the amount of stuff I have.

4 large bins worth and a lot of it I have not even used yet.

I love keeping this economy growing!