PDA

View Full Version : pictures

Pages : 1 [2]

imported_doug
01-01-2002, 05:35 PM
I`ve used all 3 - that is, Meguiar`s Original #9, Meguiar`s #9 2.0 and 3M SMR. #9 2.0 is the best, 3M SMR is second best. I explained why (my opinion only, of course) in previous posts.

Agree with the majority of comments above - if SMR (either kind) doesn`t help, you need to start with FI-II. However if you saw no difference on a WHITE car after what you tried, my guess is you have pretty deep scratches that you probably cannot fix yourself. Either a rotary with rubbing compound or wet sanding may be required.

JN99
01-01-2002, 11:57 PM
Doesn`t Meguiars also have a product similar to FI-II? I`ve been trying to figure out all the different products from their website, but so little real information is provided (just look at their Professional Surface Prep page!) that it`s hard to tell.

imported_BretFraz
01-02-2002, 09:55 AM
That would probably be Meguiar`s #2 Fine Cut Cleaner. Pretty close to FI2. I`ve used both and think that #2 is more aggressive at the beginning but mellows quickly while FI2 is a bit more consistent throughout. But others may have differing experiences.

vettefan67
01-02-2002, 09:58 AM
Thanks! That looks like just the thing I`m looking for! I think some of Meguiar`s [professional] products deserve more of a look than we give them here (just IMO). The 3M stuff is great but soem of the Meg`s stuff is designed for use by hand and seems to work comparably.

Bret: I don`t suppose you used the #2 by hand did you?

I`d love to hear Scottwax`s opinions here....Scott I`d be glad to send you a bit of SMR to use on a test area of a car if you haven`t tried it yet to compare.

Justin

Glozz
01-02-2002, 12:08 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jn328i [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Doesn`t Meguiars also have a product similar to FI-II? I`ve been trying to figure out all the different products from their website, but so little real information is provided (just look at their Professional Surface Prep page!) that it`s hard to tell. [/b]</blockquote>
Yes "Fine Cut Cleaner" is about the same in abrassives as 3M Perfect-IT II. However, the thing that is great about 3M is that the stuff stays where you put it. If you happen to be working on a vertical panel it stays put.

"Fine Cut Cleaner" runs all over the place, it`s very runny. I like a thicker product. Also you need to use more of the Meguiar`s product to get the job done, thus spending more money.

imported_Intermezzo
01-02-2002, 08:40 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jazzyjack [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

Yes "Fine Cut Cleaner" is about the same in abrassives as 3M Perfect-IT II. However, the thing that is great about 3M is that the stuff stays where you put it. If you happen to be working on a vertical panel it stays put.

"Fine Cut Cleaner" runs all over the place, it`s very runny. I like a thicker product. Also you need to use more of the Meguiar`s product to get the job done, thus spending more money. [/b]</blockquote>
Hey Jazzy, how about Meguiar`s dual action cleaner. How would you rate its abrasiveness?

Glozz
01-02-2002, 11:19 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo330I [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

Hey Jazzy, how about Meguiar`s dual action cleaner. How would you rate its abrasiveness? [/b]</blockquote>
I`ll take this right out of the Body Shop Meguiar`s product guide I have. Here goes...

Dual Action Cleaner Polish (M-83)

1. Removes light to medium contamination,blemishes and oxidation that Swirl Free Polish (M-82) will not.

2. Combines the perfect amount of abrasive cleaner and pure, rich polish to produce a customer pleasing deep gloss shine.

3. Safe, Buffered Abrasive cleaning gets out defects without marring the finish.

4. Safe for every finish including clear coats.

This product appears to be JUST about mid range on abrassives, key word "JUST". So it`s mild in regards to what it will handle. My guess is nothing worse (or deeper then 1100 grit scratches). Perhaps getting the skinny from the tech support people would be interesting. Then we could read word for word what they say.

It also includes a polish that will finish off the paint. This product would be used by a body shop to get the car or truck out the door faster then doing seperate steps in getting the paint buffed out after a paint job.

To me this products abrasives break down faster and leave just enough to polish off the finish.

Here`s my opinion about this stuff. It`s just another half-way product in a line of many good prodcuts that Meguiar`s puts out. It reminds me of "Cleaner Wax" and I don`t use it, and most would rather do each step by itself.

Bottom line: It`s a crap shoot.

I`ll send off a request for information on this issue tomorrow morning and post the results as soon as I get them back. Please give it several days for them to reply.

In the mean time, may I suggest really looking at the 3M web site and researching they`re products. I really love them!

mcqueen73
09-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I would like to know how to post pictures to the site from my iphone?

mcqueen73
09-04-2010, 01:13 PM
i want to know how can i post with picture from this site to my iphone?

mcqueen73
09-04-2010, 01:40 PM
How to send picture to the site from my iphone?

mcqueen73
09-04-2010, 03:41 PM
I would like to know how can i send some pictures to the site from my iphone?

mcqueen73
09-04-2010, 03:51 PM
i cant figure out how can i make a big picture on it.

imported_Flash Gordon
09-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Wish I could help you bud. Look forward to see what it is you are so anxious to post..... I think X_X

imported_richy
09-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Try going on Photobucket`s site...I think it has the ability to take pics from a phone and from there it`s no different than posting from your computer.