PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for maintenance details

Pages : [1] 2

shinnster
12-27-2001, 02:13 AM
I`ve been reading that some of you guys are using the abc car wash system. I was wondering what exactly it was and where i could purchase it.

Thanx

Footy
12-27-2001, 03:17 AM
You can get it from Automotive International (`http://www.autoint.com/NEUTSYSTPAGE.htm`) . It is a 3 part neutralization system that removes waxes etc, neutralizes acid deposits, removes alkaline deposits and ferrous metal particles and returns the paint to it`s original factory pH level. Not used it myself, but I think somebody reviewed it in the product review section.

BillNorth
12-27-2001, 08:20 AM
I`ve used ABC. It`s good stuff. Though keep in mind, if you have fallout(brown specs) in the paint that are older than 120 days, then ABC will not remove them alone. You will need to clay the area while the "B" product is dwelling.

DETAILKING
12-27-2001, 10:32 AM
The ABC system is best left to the dealers with hi volume needs. You will get great results using clay alone and a dawn wash as an alternative......for a good prep.

rmccall6
12-27-2001, 12:17 PM
I see what your saying Dk but Im going to have to kingly disagree with you. First, ABC neutralized the paint, something that Dawn and clay cant do, so if you have any bird crap acids, or alkalione deposits, and you dont neutralize them, then later, even months later, when its hot out, or it rains, it will trigger the reaction again and the acids/alkalines that are in the pores of the paint will continue to eat away at it. Second, I find that the ABC does just as good of a job as clay with removing fallout (but as Bill said, some metal perticles can be pretty stuborn so you have to clay as well). Third, it was made for car paint so it`s completely safe to use, even every month if you wanted to (but you woundt have to). Ron also mentioned that when you you an alkaline soap on the car (Dawn, A) it weakens the plasticisers (sp?), so you need to follow up with a safe acid solution (B) to balance everthing out, which is why i feel safer using ABC as apposed to Dawn. Finaly, ABC saves time, and in my case gets better results. I dont want to start an argument or anything but just wanted to get my thoughts out there. I think, especially with the Zaino system, you should try out ABC and see what you think, and you will probably love the results.

DETAILKING
12-27-2001, 01:02 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Brad4rdHay [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>First, ABC neutralized the paint, something that Dawn and clay cant do, so if you have any bird crap acids, or alkalione deposits, and you dont neutralize them, then later, even months later, when its hot out, or it rains, it will trigger the reaction again and the acids/alkalines that are in the pores of the paint will continue to eat away at it. Ron also mentioned that when you you an alkaline soap on the car (Dawn, A) it weakens the plasticisers (sp?), so you need to follow up with a safe acid solution (B) to balance everthing out, which is why i feel safer using ABC as apposed to Dawn. [/b]</blockquote>
You honestly believe this? Oh...and since when is dawn harsher than an acid wash?

I am not saying not to use the method, I just believe it is a bit overkill. This is just my opinion.

Check this out......on the ABC system......

Product "A"-Acid Neutralizer removes waxes, storage stains and neutralizes acid deposits. An 8-1 concentrate that dwells for 5-7 minutes before rinsing.

Product "B"-Alkaline Neutralizer, removes alkaline deposits and ferrous metal fallout. Ready to use formula that dwells for 5-7 minutes.

Product "C"-pH 7.0 Surface Conditioner, an excellent 128-1 concentrate vehicle wash for every day use and the third step in our neutralization system. Ensures any chemical residues are neutralized and rinsed away
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now, as for "A." a DAWN wash will also neutralize acids as it is has a high alkaline content.

The "B", I would rather use clay, and skip an acid wash on my paint. Anything that I need rubber gloves to apply is not touching my paint.

The "C", most car washes can substitute for the "C" product. Zaino wash has a 6.9 pH, as many others......

Again, use what works best for you. Just trying to reason through my opinions and thoughts. If I had fleet of cars to treat, I would probably grab the ABC system, as it is more time effective, but for my personal cars, I will stick with what I currently use with great results.

KR CoolShine
12-27-2001, 03:06 PM
DK:

I have used the ABC once and really liked the results. I will be using it again in the early spring on other cars to confirm my impressions.

A is an Acid Neutralizer -- alkaline -- that`s the equivalent of dawn. I thought the paint felt much cleaner with A than with dawn.

B is an Alkaline Neutralizer -- acid. It actually stung my hands a bit. After using the product I only had to spot clay a very small section or two to get the feel I wanted. Maybe it is just me; but I am more comfortable with dissolving (or partially, anyway) the particles and flushing them away than with pulling them loose. Probably makes no difference in the long run.

Also, the products seem to be a very good value.

rstype
12-27-2001, 03:44 PM
Yes, I honestly believe it. I have also recieved a small sample of the system.

The "A" is the acid neutralizer specially designed to removes waxes and sealants as there aren`t many non-abrasive products that do so.

The "B" is my favorite. It seemed to deeply cleanse the paint and left a "just-clayed" finish. You have to use the "B" the most, though.

The "C" is a highly-concentrated pH 7 car wash. It was almost as slick as P21S and there were suds all through the wash. I have used the 2 oz. sample twice and still have enough to wash about 2-3 cars. In fact, if you want I can send you some and see if you like it. PM me if you want to.

In conclusion, I highly recommend the ABC system. It works great and is cost efficient. An alternative might be Dawn + clay + Zaino Z-7 as DK suggested. But if you live in a highly polluted city like L.A., and your car gets contaminated just after a week you clayed, then ABC is the way to go.

I give it my :up :up up.

DETAILKING
12-27-2001, 03:48 PM
Everything has it`s uses...........

KR CoolShine
12-27-2001, 04:02 PM
Now I look like an idiot because DK edited his post!

BradE
12-27-2001, 04:06 PM
I am going to try the ABC system next spring, I like the idea of being able to remove everything without using multiple applicatons of abrasives. and it gives you a nice fresh base to start with. Since I live in Cincy I can just go out to Ron`s and pick the stuff up, no S&H that way. :)

Lemonxxs
12-27-2001, 04:09 PM
Who is AUTOInts competition??? They must have competition on this OEM level anyone know???

imported_RIC
12-27-2001, 04:46 PM
You wrote, "But if you live in a highly polluted city like L.A., and your car gets contaminated just after a week you clayed, then ABC is the way to go."

Does ABC system prevent new contaminants from settling on the paint finish?

Or do you use the ABC system every week because your cars become contaminated in a week`s time due to the high pollution?

rmccall6
12-27-2001, 11:59 PM
One, yes Dk, i really do belive this. ABC was a colaberative effort from AutoInt and the major paint manufatureers, so you know its going to be safe, and i have found it to be. Didnt sting my hands. Yes, you can use it every week, but not preventative, just removes what gets on the car.

Footy
12-28-2001, 04:23 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Who is AUTOInts competition??? They must have competition on this OEM level anyone know??? [/b]</blockquote>I remember Ron mentioning 3M as one of their competitors...