PDA

View Full Version : Dang...I fixed my PC!

maxshine
12-26-2001, 03:17 PM
I detailed my Dad`s 94 Delta 88 for X-Mas. Its been waxed once (when I waxed it in 1994), he washes it with some kind of wash mit on a poll, he smokes, and he`s got a lot of bird feeders in the yard - if you get my drift. The only saving grace is he usually keeps it in the garage and it`s silver. The paint initially looked rather dull. I washed with Dawn, clayed with Clay Magic, applied Meg. Body Scrub with my B&D buffer and yellow pad, and finally one coat of Meuiar`s # 20 Poly/Sealant. The results were outstanding. The paint looked very clean and seemed to have a sheet of glass over it. The # 20 applied easily and removed even easier. It leaves a fine white residue (about 1/2 to 3/4 the residue of Gold Class. I removed it with Terry Cloth Towels and finshed with MF. If the durability gives you at least 6 months and the shine lasts somewhat well this would be a great one-step product. (I`m curious how it compares to AIO) I won`t get into what several years of smoking does to an interior but I got that looking pretty good also. 5 hours worth - Merry X-Mas Dad ! I`ve got to get that Dig. Camera.

Preachers Sheets
12-26-2001, 05:07 PM
All In One is the cleaner of the Klasse pair. You are prob talking about the Klasse Glaze.

I have not had a chance to use Meguiars #20 but I have used the Klasse All In One as well as the Glaze. To give you a mental image, the Klasse Glaze leaves a look on my red car that is almost exactly how your car would look with sevral layers of Blitz wax. It`s good enough that you can skip the wax and people will think otherwise.

Hopefully this could help... :confused:

imported_Intermezzo
12-26-2001, 05:33 PM
Joed,

I think he`s comparing #20 to AIO because they are both one-step cleaner/protectant style products.

Interesting question, but I heard Meguiar`s #20 leaves residue on your trim. I`d be interested in finding out how much cleaner it has in comparison to AIO, but the fact that AIO can be applied without worry over rubber trimming really tilts the scale towards AIO for me. However, congratulations on your great detailing job maxshine!

Tony

maxshine
12-27-2001, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the comments joed1228 and Intermezzo330I. My curiousity was how #20 compared to AIO in terms of shine and durability for use as a one-step product. I use AIO/SG on my Max so I`m not sure about AIO alone - even though it`s advertised as such. The next time I `detail` my truck I plan to use either #20 or AIO since I`m looking for a twice yearly one-step product. I may try the AIO this Spring and and the #20 in the Fall or visa-versa depending on how Dad`s car hols up w/#20.

dengelson
12-27-2001, 12:51 PM
Can`t compare AIO and #20 for longevity. However having used them both I would say that the AIO imo has more cleaning power than #20 and #20 wipes off a little easier than AIO.

Preachers Sheets
12-27-2001, 02:11 PM
Oops, in that case I couldn`t really compare Meguiars #20 to All In One because the All In One is a cleaner and a prep product for the Glaze while the #20 seems to be a cleaner, prep product and protector.

:confused: :confused:

imported_Intermezzo
12-27-2001, 02:14 PM
Actually, the AIO is a protector too, albeit not as good as the SG.

Preachers Sheets
12-27-2001, 02:18 PM
Jeepers creepers Mezzo, will you quit slamming me here, I`ve got nothing left to say :D

I never knew AIO was a protector, I sure as heck wouldn`t use it to protect a cars finish.

imported_Intermezzo
12-27-2001, 02:35 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Jeepers creepers Mezzo, will you quit slamming me here, I`ve got nothing left to say :D

I never knew AIO was a protector, I sure as heck wouldn`t use it to protect a cars finish. [/b]</blockquote>
Sorry bro! It really is a rarity for me to correct an oversight by an Autopian, so I got to milk this for all it`s got! :)

Anyway, based on your other posts, I definitely respect your level of knowledge.

Preachers Sheets
12-28-2001, 07:59 AM
I`s better of for you guys to be correcting me than me showing up at some guys front door, charging him over 100.00 to do his whole car and while I explain what I`m going to do to his car; have him correct me on each step.

Correct away, the more the better, I rather know more than be prideful in vain.

Puckman
08-31-2010, 06:22 PM
I was finishing up a black BMW Sunday afternoon and my PC 7336 starting cutting on and off repeatedly during my AIO step while "on". Got a power issue somewhere. I kept going until it finally just died altogether, about 1/4 way around the car. I had the AIO to finish and I was planning on machine applying some Liquid Sovereign. Finished the car by hand and I haven`t done that in 6 years!

I inspected my power cord tonight and sure enough there was an abrasion causing a short at the power cord just before it enters the body of the PC (lots of twisting there over it`s hard 7 years!!!). Fortunately, because of the short`s location I only needed to cut about 7 inches off the cord and reattached it to the switch leads inside. Put everything back together and it`s good as new.

I say "dang" in the thread title because I was looking forward to buying a new ROB! (Sorry this time Angelo but if this thing dies again I`ll simply fix it and relegate it to backup unit duty. Get one of them thar Shurhold or Meg`s units ready).

Old Pirate
08-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Just let me know, got a machine with your name on it...........:D

imported_Luster
09-01-2010, 08:57 AM
That sounds like a pretty easy fix! I`ll have to remember that. (I "collect" polishers....:out::D)