PDA

View Full Version : How to clean your Leather <D180> Review with pictures

Pages : [1] 2 3

BradE
12-22-2001, 01:32 PM
I went out to get in the Explorer today and found a not so nice Christmas present. The right front fender has 3 scratches in it, they are about 6 inches long. :mad: Two of them are down to the metal. :mad: :mad: My guess would be a screwdriver caused the marks. It amazes me how people have zero respect for other`s property.

Well, it looks like I get to fill the scratches, then wet sand, then compound and do the whole nine yards. :rolleyes:

muttgrunt
12-22-2001, 01:43 PM
That happened to me about 20 years ago to a custom black van that was my pride and joy. Someone took a key to the side of the van and drew two big S`s about 2 feet long down to the metal. Makes one question the motives (flaws) of humanity at times !

Talk about being pissed off !!!!!!!!!!!

TBone :)

DaGonz
12-22-2001, 01:55 PM
My wife just pointed out a scratch on the driver`s side door og the Jeep, near the window frame, so it looks like I`ll be doing the same thing as Showroom!

imported_nihoole
12-22-2001, 02:36 PM
Sorry about that Showroom :mad: I am mad for you bud you wander what in crap are these idots thinking:confused:

37buckeye
12-22-2001, 02:43 PM
Sorry to hear that. I just returned from my dealer after a scheduled maintenance and noticed several gouges on the bumper. I`m waiting to hear back from the service manager to see how this will be resolved.

imported_BretFraz
12-22-2001, 02:46 PM
I`m sorry to hear about the Exploder. That kind of action is so uncool and hated-filled, I`d just want to....

C:\My Documents\My Pictures\rl.gif

Preachers Sheets
12-22-2001, 03:30 PM
If you ever catch someone doing this, I would hope you guys would draw some blood. Keep em down on the ground for a good half hour spitting up blood.

:bounce

BradE
12-22-2001, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I will have plenty of time to fix it over the holidays, I will probably get started tonight. Too bad I can`t get some before/after pics. Hmmmmm.......maybe there is a digital cam under the tree. :)

Ema,

Sorry to hear about the problems at your dealership. My dad had a similar thing happen to him a few years back. He took his Toyota in to the dealer for brake work, and when he got it back there was a 4 inch chunk out of his front bumper. :eek: If the dealership give you and trouble contact the North American Headquarters of your car manufacturer, sometimes the will call the dealer and rip them a new one.

Lemonxxs
12-22-2001, 04:20 PM
SL remember Brad B`s encounter with the falling parking garage and what he did!!

You can do it! Before and afters would be great and maybe worthy of an article for the CARPORT. that would be a great article on how to get rid of deep scratches. think about that.

imported_Greg
12-22-2001, 04:35 PM
SL... could it have been a metal carriage? I had the same kind of damage done in a parking lot once.

Sorry to hear regardless.... :( :( :(

BradE
12-22-2001, 04:45 PM
Alan

The car was parked on the street, and them damage was too the side facing the sidewalk. My guess was some a@$hole was walking down the street scratching cars.

imported_Greg
12-22-2001, 04:53 PM
That infuriates me. What`s the point? However, nothing surprises me anymore. The world is really a f*(&ed up place.

JimO
12-22-2001, 04:58 PM
Our Honda Accord was only 2 days old when I saw a long key scratch from the front of the driver`s side rear door all the way to the other side of the passenger`s side of the rear bumper. It really pissed me off since this was my first dark colored car and we`ve only owned the car for only 2 days. I know how you feel and it just annoys me that jerks would just do this.

Redcar GUY
12-22-2001, 07:05 PM
Not to proud of this, One time I was sittin in my 95 ford probe, waiting on some in mall parking lot. I had dark windows on it. A car pulled in beside me and opened his door hard in to the side of my car! I got out and had a few words with him and in didnt end to nice:rolleyes: Like I said, not to proud but he ended up with a big dent in his fender and a nice busted lip.......... I ended up feeling bad about it later and still do, he was a little guy with a big mouth that got him in trouble..

Don2000g
12-23-2001, 06:38 AM
Sorry about the bad news Showroom. Things like this should not happen. I know its hard to find any positive thing from this experience but at least you`ll get to practice your wetsanding. do us a favor and let us know how you`re working on the problem, what products you used and the length of time for each procedure. Again, sorry to hear that something like that happened to one of my fellow Autopians. Best of luck and skill to you. Laters