PDA

View Full Version : The Shine Insititue Detailing Class, Sept 11th and 12th, Richmond VA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Redcar GUY
12-22-2001, 12:46 PM
i tried to take a pic of it.... It is a Perfect circle on the top of my 99 saturn. looks like a little globe, LOL I dont know what it is?? May be sap stain or from bird Crap? I use Z and I have like 4 coats of Z5 on her. What light abrasives should I try first? Any help?

I know the pic isnt any help but I tried:)

imported_doug
12-22-2001, 08:45 PM
Hey, Red -

Cool pic. But I have to confess I`m not entirely certain if you were simply joking or if in fact there really is a stain you wanted us to look at - which I can`t see in the picture......

rmccall6
12-22-2001, 08:51 PM
i think hes refering to the reflection of the light bulb in the corner.

Redcar GUY
12-22-2001, 09:38 PM
Look in the middle of the light, there is a little circle Yes I am for real...

Todd@RUPES
08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/CLASSVA/shineins.jpg
The Shine Institute is in session!
Come to Detailing School!
Hosted by EuroClassics, in Midlothian, VA.

Would you like to learn the proper way to detail your car?
Are you a detailer wanting to enhance your skills?
Are you thinking about becoming a detailer?
Do live near the Richmond, VA area?

Come join master detailer?s Brian Brice and Todd Helme for a fun and informative two-day session and learn detailing techniques, tips, and principles from some stars of the detailing world.

The goal of this school is simple. To educate and inform all levels of detailers, from new enthusiasts to seasoned veterans on a proper detailing theory and provide time for hands- on technique.

The event is available as a one day or two day event. Choose the schedule that suits you best. Following this link to sign up for Day One and Day Two will get you signed up for the class!

Day One.

Want to learn the basics, then some? Then Day One is for you.
Day One is available for just $50.00, and includes an added bonus?
For attending Day One you will receive a coupon good for $50.00 worth of Blackfire, Eimann Fabrik, Lake Country and Meguiar?s products from www.properautocare.com (http://www.properautocare.com). Day One will start at 10 AM, with classroom instruction, a break for lunch (provided) at noon and conclude around 2:30 PM, with a hands-on session to follow.

Day One covers the following areas:
- Brief Introduction by the instructors
- Detailing Theory, including a discussion on popular myths
- Proper Washing Techniques including
- Two bucket wash method
- How to wash your car safely to avoid adding swirl marks
- Selecting the right car soap for your needs
- How to dry the car gently to avoid swirl marks
Interior Care
- Identifying types of leather and caring for it properly
- Cleaning and protecting interior surfaces
- Tips for cleaning windows streak free

An introduction to Paint Prep and Polishing
- How to clean and prep paint, including the use of detailer?s clay
- What paint polishing does?
- How to remove paint defects.
- How to care for your polishing pads
- Product selection
- Polishing Technique
Car Care and Maintenance
- Selecting a wax or sealant
- Myths of LSP`s
- Dressing trim, engine compartments, and interiors
- Keeping an award winning shine.

Day Two.

Day Two is available for an additional $35.00 when taken with Day One or for $50 when taken by itself. It is an advanced course dedicated to paint polishing and refinishing compromising of 4 hours of class time, lunch, plus hands-on training.
Day Two will start at 10AM and conclude at 5:00PM.

Day Two covers the following areas:

- Inspection- How to prep and inspect paint, including lighting and taping
- What are paint defects?
- Paint Polishing Theory- An in depth discussion on the reflectivity of paint, and how polishes work to create gloss.
- Paint Types - A look at the differences between paint systems: basecoat/clear coat vs. single stage paint. Pearl, flake, and maximum thickness removal.
- What happens to the paint when you polish it?
- Different polishers and how they work- A look at rotary vs. dual-action polishers.
- DA polishing techniques and theory, how to achieve maximum results with a dual-action polisher
- Rotary polishing techniques and theory, how to achieve maximum results with a rotary polisher
- Machine Wet Sanding Basics
- Hand Wet Sanding Basics
- Hand?s on

The Instructors:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/CLASSVA/instructors.jpg

Brian Brice started his detailing career by working at body shops in Virginia, often fixing their work. With over 10 years of experience, Brian now caters to show cars and specialty vehicles around the United States. Cars that have been detailed by Brian have won prestigious awards at The Cavallino Classic, The Good Guy?s Show, Middlebrook, and Pebble Beach. Brian Brice?s Finer Finish Detailing company caters to clients throughout Virginia and Washington D.C.

Todd Helme has built his reputation on the Concours lawns of the world?s most respected Concours shows, and in the exotic car garages of South Florida. Named as one of Autoweek Magazine?s top 9 detailers in the United States, Todd has client?s world wide, and has polished everything from original paint classics worth seven figures, to vintage Ferraris valued at twenty million dollars. Todd also works for www.properautocare.com (http://www.properautocare.com), as a consultant, product tester, and is head of education and training.

The Location:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/CLASSVA/location.jpg

Euroclassics Porsche
11900 Midlothian Turnpike
Midlothian, VA

Starts at 10:00 AM, Saturday, September 11, and Sunday, September 12, 2010

Todd@RUPES
08-24-2010, 08:30 PM
We will have a spot for you guys to sign up at tomorrow on our website.
Update: Follow this link to signup for the Shine Institute Detail Class (http://properautocare.com/detailschool.html)

imported_detailchick
08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Sounds like some great classes. Do you ever offer classes in Ca.?

dman533
08-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Do you ever have classes in New Jersey, Middlesex or Union Counties?

Mike Murphy
08-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Todd, will the sign up be on PAC or TID?
Mike: The signup will be on PAC.
Here`s the link for the Shine Institute Class (http://properautocare.com/detailschool.html)
Admin

admin_old
08-25-2010, 12:37 PM
For all of you TID members who have been waiting for the page to signup, it is now up and running.
Just follow this link to go straight to the page on PAC.
The Shine Institute Class (http://properautocare.com/detailschool.html)

imported_Flash Gordon
08-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Wow, sounds like an awesome time to be had. $85 sure does sound cheap for 2 days of schooling :-B

When will The Shine Institute be in Memphis :toetap05:

Mike Murphy
08-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Signed up!

mikenap
08-25-2010, 01:28 PM
GRRRRR!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Too short notice for me, but I really wish I could make this. Any chance of doing one in the NC/SC area?

imported_superchargedg
08-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Id love to go but i only want to do the second day as i cannot get off for the saturday event and it says you cannot do the second day without the first......o well.

Todd@RUPES
08-26-2010, 07:20 AM
From another forum.

So are there going to be beater cars that we can polish back to life? :D

It is at a Porsche dealership, so I am sure we can arrange that!

What if I already have a pretty good understanding of car care, but still want to come. Will there be anything for me to learn/gain?

One of the challenges in reviewing the material that we will cover is making sure that we provide useful information for people of all levels from the avid enthusiast all the way up to the professional detailer, then break the material down so that it is easy to understand with out being boring. While you will have an obvious `heads up` on some of the more basic material, I think your experience and knowledge is going to help you grasp some of the more advanced concepts readily. So there is definitely material to learn. Whether you gain anything depends on your goals of course, but at the very least it should be a fun and informative time around a bunch of car guys at a cool location. :JAMIN:

I already 2 bucket hand wash with poorboys slick and suds 2 mitts one for the paint one for the wheels, always in straight lines with just the weight of the mit, rinsing after every panel, starting from top doing bumpers last, then blot dry with a waffle weave microfiber after sheeting the water.

Perfect! Washing and drying (which will make up the early part of day one) is one of the most overlooked aspects in car care, period. It is where most of the damage and dulling of the paint comes from and you have it down pat!

Either way this sounds like a good excuse to stock up on 50 dollars worth of new products. I`ll try to make it.

We hope to see you there and hope for an honest evaluation on how well we did providing concepts and theory (as well as hands on!) for enthusiasts of all levels.

Todd