PDA

View Full Version : I hate parking lots

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bluedog
12-21-2001, 05:38 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/story_23628.asp (`http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/story_23628.asp`)

someone just pointed this out to me so i thoguht id share. hope im not the last one to know about this here:p

Brad B
12-21-2001, 05:58 PM
Can`t help it. I am addicted! Let me die with a smile on my face. :eek:

Lemonxxs
12-21-2001, 09:24 PM
Wahhhhhhhhh I love that smell!

I guess I will open the sunroof more!

titus
12-21-2001, 11:49 PM
will replace tear gas, for riot control. The Tree Huggers want to get everyone out of their car and onto a bus or train. Next the THs will try to turn everyone into a vegetarian. Why you ask? Well, the Brazilians are clearing the jungle er - rain forest, to grow more cattle. And the cattle are causing global warming. http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/DailyNews/warming_sheep010607.html (`http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/DailyNews/warming_sheep010607.html`)

We`re probably ALL gonna die someday. Oh! The humanity ... :eek:

bobdec
12-21-2001, 11:56 PM
but I think the new car smell is finally gone out of the old NSU.

Titus - Why bring something like this up? I just got used to getting a flu shot and now I find I may have to get a flatulence shot!

imported_gewb
08-22-2010, 02:39 PM
< begin rant >

I spent yesterday cleaning, polishing and sealing my Nelly (love my Flex and BFWD). This morning I put on a coat of Midnight Sun - Nelly looked great! :Dancing Dot:

So my wife says "I HATE shopping at our China Mart but I really need a few things." So we stopped. Took a little too long because the cashier scanned one item twice and she couldn`t fix it at her checkout - had to spend ten minutes in line at Customer Service for a $1.75 refund.

I could understand a double scanning error if we had a cart full of stuff but we had FOUR ITEMS. :out:

Parked some distance from the China Mart entrance - should be safe, right?

WRONG. Get back to the car to find a dent the size of a quarter and a slight crease 4" long - and a 3/16x3/16 spot of bare metal. Yup, took the pearl white paint down through the primer to the metal - not something I can repair. ~X( :cursing:

I swear I`m never going back to that store again. :banghead:

< /end rant >

Regards,
GEWB

Old Pirate
08-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear what happen to Nelly, gewb. It has happen to alot of us( myself also) and I still don`t understand why people do this. Hopefully a PDR tech. can help you out on the dent part.

imported_TLMitchell
08-22-2010, 02:59 PM
< begin rant >
Parked some distance from the China Mart entrance - should be safe, right?

WRONG. Get back to the car to find a dent the size of a quarter and a slight crease 4" long - and a 3/16x3/16 spot of bare metal. Yup, took the pearl white paint down through the primer to the metal - not something I can repair. ~X( :cursing:

I swear I`m never going back to that store again. :banghead:

< /end rant >

Although parking lot calamities can happen anywhere, certain types of stores have predominately certain types of clientele. Take a look at http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ for some hair raising pictures of customers caught in the wild. You wouldn`t want any of these folks parking next to you! I park waaaaay out in the boondocks all by myself if I have to go to Wally World and it seems some cretin always feels the need to take a trip to the far side of the lot to park beside me. Hard to believe when the lumbering herd is driving in endless circles waiting for the closest Handicapped spot to open up so they can use the HC mirror hanger the doctor gave `em 3 years ago for a hangnail so they don`t have as far to waddle.

I feel your pain. Sometimes it makes me want to pick up a 3/4 ton beater with a 2x8 for a front bumper just for parking lot duty and returning favors. :biggrin:

TL

imported_gewb
08-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Sorry to hear what happen to Nelly, gewb. It has happen to alot of us( myself also) and I still don`t understand why people do this. Hopefully a PDR tech. can help you out on the dent part.

Thanks. I`ll have to watch for some coupons from the PDRs.

Regards,
GEWB

TimG
08-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Sorry that happen to you Gewb. Though, different continents, it still happens to us here. Matter of fact, someone hit my car last week and made a 3" dent plus broke off a plastic part on my hilux and worse, it was a hit and run case. Got the plates though from fellow onlookers.

imported_gewb
08-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Although parking lot calamities can happen anywhere, certain types of stores have predominately certain types of clientele. Take a look at http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ for some hair raising pictures of customers caught in the wild. You wouldn`t want any of these folks parking next to you! I park waaaaay out in the boondocks all by myself if I have to go to Wally World and it seems some cretin always feels the need to take a trip to the far side of the lot to park beside me. Hard to believe when the lumbering herd is driving in endless circles waiting for the closest Handicapped spot to open up so they can use the HC mirror hanger the doctor gave `em 3 years ago for a hangnail so they don`t have as far to waddle.

I feel your pain. Sometimes it makes me want to pick up a 3/4 ton beater with a 2x8 for a front bumper just for parking lot duty and returning favors. :biggrin:

TL

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yup, that`s our local China Mart all right!

Regards,
GEWB

imported_Flash Gordon
08-22-2010, 04:11 PM
I got a fresh one on my LR quarter panel. Now I have about 8 dings. I always get more depressed then angry in these situations. Sorry to here this has happened to you Gary :(

BTW I hate Chinese Food. I`m always starving an hour after I eat it :out:

imported_gewb
08-22-2010, 05:04 PM
I got a fresh one on my LR quarter panel. Now I have about 8 dings. I always get more depressed then angry in these situations. Sorry to here this has happened to you Gary :(

BTW I hate Chinese Food. I`m always starving an hour after I eat it :out:

I actually like Chinese food, but you`re right about being hungry an hour later!

(For those outside of the USA, "China Mart" is a not so affectionate term for Wal Mart as it seems everything there was made in China - IIRC, Wal Mart is China`s biggest buyer of consumer goods.)

Regards,
GEWB

imported_Luster
08-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I avoid all parking lots like the plague. Sometimes it`s (obviously) unavoidable. I have 4 vehicles... all pretty nice. So, if I am forced to go to any store with shopping carts, cars, people.... I will take the oldest and least desirable of all the vehicles.

I`m with you... I hate `em too.

imported_richy
08-22-2010, 07:41 PM

TL
So here`s my rant...since when did being a fat fu(k get you a disabled permit?!? Being disabled doesn`t mean you can`t get your fork up to your fat face fast enough!!

I actually like Chinese food, but you`re right about being hungry an hour later!

(For those outside of the USA, "China Mart" is a not so affectionate term for Wal Mart as it seems everything there was made in China - IIRC, Wal Mart is China`s biggest buyer of consumer goods.)

Regards,
GEWB

China Mart...I love it!!! The people of Walmart power points are some of the funniest emails I get. The comments are what truly make it priceless!!