PDA

View Full Version : First time w/new Flex and Menz SIP

2k2blackWRX
12-21-2001, 03:02 PM
Hey guys, I know wahsing has been covered before but....

When I washed my chenelle wash mit (the one from CMA) and my big blue towel and it came out of the washer, the towel was perfectly clean but the mit still had little specs of dirt in it, and the mit ummm... shedded onto the towel, I think that might just be the MF adhesiveness to the cotton, but I think I am going to try and wash it again.

My question is: do you wash it on delicate or heavy and what temp water?

Thanks

Bryan

BradE
12-21-2001, 03:18 PM
I wash mine on the delicate cycle. I use a hot water wash and cold rinse.

P.S.-- Don`t wash cotton and MF together or you will get the problem that you have now. Always wash MF with other MF stuff only. :up

imported_nihoole
12-21-2001, 03:21 PM
because the cotton will always lint in the wash.If you use any towels cotton or MF"s for removing wax, sealant ,dressing what ever do not wash these with your wash mitts or drying towels you take the chance of product transfer which will result in smears.:) :up I wash just about everything in warm water.Take care

Lemonxxs
12-21-2001, 04:03 PM
As was stated wash mf and everything else separate.

Mitts gentle cycle or by hand. They can be washed with towels but they tend to grab at the fibers and pull them out.

I used to wash by hand in a bucket but I changed to a MF mitt so now I wash the MF mitt with my other MF thingys.

tmwfla
08-22-2010, 03:27 AM
I finally got around to trying out my new Flex polisher and Menz SIP on my black 2006 Cadillac CTS-V, just now. Yes, I know it`s after 1AM here, but hey, sometimes you just can`t sleep! :eek: Besides, it`s still around 100+ in my garage!
Anyway, I only did 3 small test spots using the Flex DA, LC CCS Orange, Menz SIP and the Black Baron pad lube. All I have to say is WOW!! Almost no pressure, and it seemed to clear up quite a bit of the defects. I don`t have the best lighting in the garage right now (door opener light w/2 100w bulbs and 1 fluorescent light at the front), but good Lord did it look good in those spots!
If my car doesn`t sell tomorrow (someone`s coming to see it in the AM), I can`t wait to tear into this thing again. If I do, I`ll make sure to get good before and afters, etc.
I want to write a ton more right now (excited!), but we all hate to read text-heavy posts, so...

P.S. Thanks PAC!

Puckman
08-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Congratulations Brad! It`s exciting when you see significant results isn`t it?

Old Pirate
08-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Glad to hear Brad, let us know what happen (sold it?)

imported_gewb
08-22-2010, 05:08 PM
I had the same reaction the first time I used my Flex - love it!

BTW, temp in my garage just dropped from 100.5F down to 98.6F - humidity is less then 9%.

Cold spell, break out the sweats!

Regards,
GEWB

imported_Luster
08-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Congrats on the new machine! The Flex is definitely what you need for that rock-hard clear coat on that Caddy! I`ve worked on those things and it can be a job with an RO machine!

A friend of mine was "grinding" on his STS-V for DAYS with a PC and it just wasn`t cutting the swirls..... so he went to a rotary and..... BINGO! Jackpot....:Dancing Dot:

Again, congrats on your new machine and exciting polishings times ahead!