PDA

View Full Version : 3 inch pads?

Pages : [1] 2

offcenter
12-16-2001, 02:35 PM
This morning I tried out my new Neatitems.com 24" x 46" MF towel to dry my car. Until now, I have been using the Water Bandit which did a good job but required frequent wringing out and needed to be followed up with an MF cloth to get the missing spots. Also for vertical panels, the water bandit or the absorber it is hard to get all the left over water beads. I ordered 3 large MF towels from neatitems after trying one to replace my Charisma bath towel I use for showering. The neatitems towels are plush and soft but lightweight compared to Charisma 100% cotton towels. After washing the car, I took the large MF folded it in quarters and started to dry. The results were UNBELIEVEABLE! I could not believe how well it wicked up the water, left no water spots or trails whatsoever! I did not even have to wring it once during the entire time I dried the car! Autopians, I am serious, this was the fastest way to dry my car with no wringing, no follow up towels, etc. I know there are other large MF towels as well, they may be just as good, I am sticking with Neatitems for now. You have got to try one of these, I guarantee you will be amazed.:up

imported_nihoole
12-16-2001, 02:53 PM
are they the cloths or the towels I see they have both listed?I have been thinking of trying some good MF`s but just have some cheap ones for door jams and windows.I have been using the Absorber forever and its hard to give up.Thanks for the info:up

offcenter
12-16-2001, 03:04 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Todd [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>are they the cloths or the towels I see they have both listed?I have been thinking of trying some good MF`s but just have some cheap ones for door jams and windows.I have been using the Absorber forever and its hard to give up.Thanks for the info:up [/b]</blockquote>
24" x 46" MF Terry towel, not the 24" x 46" MF suede towel.:D

imported_Intermezzo
12-16-2001, 05:17 PM
Holy smokes, that thing is even bigger than CMA`s big blue towel! Cheaper too, with free shipping. And I just ordered the Big blue towel! argh!

bobdec
12-16-2001, 07:10 PM
The bath towel sized mf from neatitems is great. I`ve been using them for drying after a shower as well as on my cars. I can keep them straight by only using the stained ones on myself.

Off-Topic

I don`t know if any of your backpack, but the giant sized suede towel is incredible. It folds up to almost nothing yet absorbs a ton of water.

imported_TLMitchell
08-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I had a Metabo 400SXE for a while and peddled it and picked up a Griots v2 3" DA. Only 3" pads I`ve seen are a couple the AG has as well as Griot`s meager offerings. Lake Country`s Web site indicates they make just about all their foam pads in 3 & 3.5" sizes but I haven`t been able to find anyone that sells them. Anyone have a source for 3" pads?

If enough folks want `em perhaps we can make some noise and Jack will start stocking `em and corner the market :biggrin:

TL

tmwfla
08-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I have one of the 3" Griot`s machines and like it, but the pad selection is very sad indeed. I`ve only used the actual Griot`s pads and haven`t been very happy with them.

BigAl3
08-09-2010, 04:07 PM
if you use the 3" griots pads, make sure to use them with their 3" orbital or the metabo. i wouldn`t use it with the PC, the foam construction (with the orange pad) isn`t durable enough and they will eventually rip IME...

imported_TLMitchell
08-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I have one of the 3" Griot`s machines and like it, but the pad selection is very sad indeed. I`ve only used the actual Griot`s pads and haven`t been very happy with them.

if you use the 3" griots pads, make sure to use them with their 3" orbital or the metabo. i wouldn`t use it with the PC, the foam construction (with the orange pad) isn`t durable enough and they will eventually rip IME...

Seems we`re in agreement, sad state of affairs when you`ve got a primo 3" polisher and no decent pads available anywhere. I`ve tried the Buff n Shine offering, they suck too. The velcro doesn`t stick to anything... even Buff n Shine backing plates! :doh:

4" pads with a 4" backing plate works well for finishing polish or spreading wax & sealant but the machine isn`t quite stout enough to correct much with 4" pads.

Hey Jack, howzabout stocking some 3" Lake Country pads for us deprived souls! :notworthy:

TL

Jack Kruer
08-09-2010, 05:40 PM
I am not sure there is enough demand for 3" pads, but I will check into it for you.

jk

Robbo
08-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I`ve got a Metabo as well, so I would buy some 3" pads too.

Rob

imported_TLMitchell
08-09-2010, 10:41 PM
I am not sure there is enough demand for 3" pads, but I will check into it for you.

jk

:clap:

They`re not just for 3" polishers, I see `em on rotaries and DAs in writeups by some of the leading detailers. They`ve gotta be getting `em somewhere!

TL

RustyBumper
08-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Since we`re on the subject of buffing pads, Jack could you also please look into/consider selling TufBuf Black Natural Lambswool buffing pads? Several well respected detailers say good things about them.

Mike Murphy
08-10-2010, 08:38 AM
"Joshua 1:9- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be affraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Thanks Rusty! I needed that today.

imported_detailchick
08-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Thers a place in sandiego I get mine . My last 3 " started to lose its velcro so they replaced it for free . Im not sure if they ship ,they are a very small business .If PAC wont carry them then I will find out for you guys and give you their number.

Jack , I would also buy from you if you start to sell them . They are great for buffing out small scratches nad getting in tight areas .