PDA

View Full Version : Necessary to prime pad when using diminishing abrasives?

Pages : [1] 2

splash2112
12-15-2001, 07:43 PM
Just got done with full seven hour detail today.

Wash, claymagic, Blackfire Polish, Balckfire sealant and P21S carn.

Best results I`ve ever produced! Can`t see even the slightest swirl mark from any angle under strong flouresent.

I`ve tried everything else under the sun....this combo worked.

Used Porter Cable w/ foam to polish and MF applicator for waxes. Also tried P21S car wash today....worked extremely well.

The S600 sled is liquid!

:bounce

jps
12-15-2001, 09:20 PM
Allright!

rmccall6
12-15-2001, 09:24 PM
How many layers of the BF sealant did you put on?

splash2112
12-15-2001, 09:37 PM
Just one coat. Both polish and sealant go on and off super easy.....no cure time.

I`m an analog guy.....audiphile who still plays vinyl.....but, I guess I`ll have to break down and buy a digital camera so I can post pics.

rmccall6
12-15-2001, 09:46 PM
Yeah i have used the Blackfire, easy to use. Just wanted to know if you took advantage of the instant cure times of the BF and applied more than one coat. I did only to the hood and got kind of tire (was late) so i just gave up there but i wish i applied another coat or two.

Dave N
12-15-2001, 10:13 PM
Does claying followed by Blackfire poish clean paint well? I`m trying to figure out a plan for my spring detail. I have a <1yr old truck, but it sits outside and I have a big commute to work, so it gets a lot of road grime. If I were to switch to Blackfire, should I use a paint cleaner?

MercManiac: Definitely get some pics up! What audio setup do you have? I built a tube amp from a kit a couple of years back that I have hooked up to a vintage tubed receiver, and I really enjoy it. I plan to pick up a turntable sometime and start getting into some classical vinyl.

rmccall6
12-15-2001, 10:25 PM
ahhh tube amps, nothing sounds quite like em.

miguelgf
12-15-2001, 10:37 PM
Hey MM-

Let me know how durable that P21S turns out to be..

I started this thread - <a href="http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=5413">Klasse

Topper - P21S wax vs. PPG vs. Blitz because I am on the fence about going with P21S or PPG.

Good to hear that Blackfire worked well with that German paint - I think I`ll pick some up come Spring.

imported_BretFraz
12-15-2001, 10:37 PM
I did a Blackfire/Souveran combo on my hood today. I`ll finish the rest of the car tomorrow.

Steps were:

3M SMR x1

BF Polish x1

BF AFPP x4

Souveran x2

Note: The white flecks you see are a few things; mostly road rash nicks, a little dust, and perhaps a little schmutz on the camera lens. Of course, I forgot to wipe down the hood and the lens just before shooting, I was so excited.

I`ve never been totally happy with the results I was getting with my SAAB. Souveran and Blitz cloud up too much; even did it today but a little QD took care of 95% of the clouding. I went to a polymer to avoid the clouding. BF seems to work better than any carnauba I`ve used. But BF doesn`t offer a slickenss which I wanted badly. So I tried the Souveran topper. I`m pretty happy with the results. But I`ll keep experimenting until I`m totally happy. What I prolly need is a car without so many little nicks. My SAAB is a 2000 and has only 11K on it but stuff happens, I guess.

imported_BretFraz
12-15-2001, 10:42 PM
One more from the nose.

imported_BretFraz
12-15-2001, 10:53 PM
I played with the sharpness feature on my camera. Let`s see if this is better.

rstype
12-16-2001, 12:01 AM
Wow... the car looks great! Is that a 9-5? Its nice to hear that you experimented with the wax topper.

Btw, did you try Blackfire on the chrome grille? If you did, did it reduce some of the micro-scratches or waterspots?

Great job! :up

rstype
12-16-2001, 12:03 AM
Oh... and I see <strong class=`bbc`>three[/b] windshield wiper spray nozzle thingys. Great idea from Saab!

splash2112
12-16-2001, 12:51 AM
Dave...

First wash...of course....then clay!!!...then polish...then seal with polymer sealant or carnabu wax.

If you polish before clay it defeats purpose, claying takes of all contaminants.....if you were to polish first before clay you would be grinding dirt into your your paint.

Audio setup in home is:

Linn LP 12 turntable.

Manley Steelhead Vaccum tube phono stage

Dual Naim amps (250 wattts each)

Linn DMS stack Isobarik speakers

Naim CD player

Naim tape deck

Yamaha CD burner

The BOSE system in the S600 is killer....it is all fibre optic controlled and powered....awesome subwoofer with system,16 speakers.

splash2112
12-16-2001, 12:53 AM
Oh, Dave where in central Illinois are you from. I was raised in Princeton...near Peoria.